doofusthecow wrote:
Hi! I'm doofusthecow, an Year 8 student from Australia! I have simple knowledge in TI-BASIC, but I am wanting to learn ASM and C (If you know any good tutorials, please message me). I am an avid fan of pretty much every game for the TI-84 Plus CE, and enjoy the feeling of excitement whenever a new game comes out on Cemetech. You can usually find me in the SAX chat, or on the Cemetech discord.
Hi there, doofusthecow! I suspect this may have already come up elsewhere, but the best options for ASM likely include starting with TI-83 Plus Assembly in 28 Days and then learning how to adapt its lessons to the ez80, or taking a look at ez80 Heaven. The options are spare, sadly.

Rudy wrote:
Hi, I'm Rudy from the Netherlands.
Welcome to Cemetech, Rudy! The HP Prime is an excellent calculator; what are you looking to do with your new calculator?
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, Rudy! The HP Prime is an excellent calculator; what are you looking to do with your new calculator?

Thank you! Smile

The calculator is not intended for work, but to play with it, really. Very Happy I have a interest in mathematics, and it would be nice to do some programming too. I think PPL will cover my needs.

So I'm drawn to the HP Prime G2, but I'm reading comments like these on YT:

"But I have find many bugs when using hp prime. Sometimes I feel it's an unfinished product."

"Yeah the software is really a big downer on the HP Prime. The developers I know are great people, I just don't know why the team can't push out some of the features and bug fixes quicker."

The HP Prime G2 looks really nice, but this worries me.
Quote:
I'm reading comments like these on YT:
That was your first mistake. Wink

Although I only have the first version of the HP Prime, my understanding is that they significantly polished it for the G2, although there's still work to be done. I recommend TheLastMillennial's review: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15835
KermMartian wrote:
That was your first mistake. Wink (...) I recommend TheLastMillennial's review

The second comment was actually TheLastMillennial's, in response to the first. I wonder what his opinion is on the matter right now, so I just asked him in that thread. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I've noticed a lot of new users coming in and lurking on SAX. Come on, make a post and introduce yourself! What brings you to Cemetech? Are you a programmer, or are you looking to learn? If so, what language(s) do you know or want to learn? Are you a BASIC coder, an ASM coder, or perhaps even an Axe coder? If not, what can we help you with? Do you know about Doors CS/Doors CSE? What kind of calculator do you have? Do you have computer programming experience? Any cool projects you have going?

Whatever you think would be good for us to know about you as a brand-new Cemetechian, we'd love to hear.

Well, then I guess I should introduce myself..? I'm just starting high school, and I'd like to learn to write code, but I have virtually no experience in any language Wink My main goal is to master ti-basic and move on to z80 assembly, if ti permits it. (still, I do have an outdated operating system and no plans to upgrade yet, so...)

Because of my lack of any experience, my "project" is learning something :/ I've heard of doors, but I think that they aren't very useful right now to me because I have a ti84 plus ce.
In case you're wondering, my username comes from Lewis Carroll's poem The Jabberwocky. I read it in school and it was quite memorable, so I kept using its made up words as my username :P

I'm here on Cemetech mostly to learn assembly. The amazing games in Cemetech's archives are really creative and made me want to join you all in unlocking the full power of the TI calculators. Let's all learn together :)

By the way, how many of you use the TI 89 titanium? I'm mainly learning on that calculator since its 68k processor is pretty simple and easy to learn. I had trouble finding documentation on it though. Let me know if you know any resources, thanks.
Something wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I've noticed a lot of new users coming in and lurking on SAX. Come on, make a post and introduce yourself! What brings you to Cemetech? Are you a programmer, or are you looking to learn? If so, what language(s) do you know or want to learn? Are you a BASIC coder, an ASM coder, or perhaps even an Axe coder? If not, what can we help you with? Do you know about Doors CS/Doors CSE? What kind of calculator do you have? Do you have computer programming experience? Any cool projects you have going?

Whatever you think would be good for us to know about you as a brand-new Cemetechian, we'd love to hear.

Well, then I guess I should introduce myself..? I'm just starting high school, and I'd like to learn to write code, but I have virtually no experience in any language Wink My main goal is to master ti-basic and move on to z80 assembly, if ti permits it. (still, I do have an outdated operating system and no plans to upgrade yet, so...)

Because of my lack of any experience, my "project" is learning something :/ I've heard of doors, but I think that they aren't very useful right now to me because I have a ti84 plus ce.

Nice to have you here, Something! High school can certainly be a fun time, in fact I first started learning calculator programming in TI-Basic as a freshman (~7 years ago). I actually knew a lot less about the calculators than several of the other students at that time. TI-Basic is certainly a good first stepping stone to learning other languages though!

And as long as you don't update your calculator to the new OS, assembly is still possible, although assembly is way harder than ti-basic.

But anyways, can't wait to see what you create! Feel free to ask any of your questions on the forums.
Welcome, new members!

mome_rath wrote:
In case you're wondering, my username comes from Lewis Carroll's poem The Jabberwocky. I read it in school and it was quite memorable, so I kept using its made up words as my username Razz

I'm here on Cemetech mostly to learn assembly. The amazing games in Cemetech's archives are really creative and made me want to join you all in unlocking the full power of the TI calculators. Let's all learn together Smile

By the way, how many of you use the TI 89 titanium? I'm mainly learning on that calculator since its 68k processor is pretty simple and easy to learn. I had trouble finding documentation on it though. Let me know if you know any resources, thanks.

I don't think there are many TI-89 users/coders around these days unfortunately Sad I do own a TI-89, but have never gotten around to trying to program in assembly for it. I'm not sure how much help it will be, but you could check out the ticalc.org TI-89 file archives, there are lots of programs, many including source code that you could try to learn from.

If you happen to have a TI-83+, TI-84+ or TI-84+CE, they're certainly more common these days and myself and many others will be able to point you in the right direction for learning Z80 or eZ80 assembly for those calculators Smile
Hi

As my name suggests, I own a TI Nspire CX CAS. I had to buy it for school.
First I discovered TI-Basic, then Lua for the Nspire. After I found Ndless, I now programm in C.
(By the way, learning C with a locked-down embedded device isn't recommended Very Happy )
I couldn't get linux to work on my calculator model, and now I'm trying to write my own unix-like OS for the Nspire CX.
Before calculator development consumed my time, I tried to make a rougelike in Java.
Hi everyone!

Believe it or not, I've actually hung around here for 8 years without an account Very Happy , but 3 months ago, I decided it was about time I create one. I went to the site, registered an account, and waited. But no activation email. I bugged Kerm via Email for a while, and it turns out my account somehow got lost in the system. Thankfully, Kerm managed to manually set up my account, and voila! here I am.

Now for a little bit about myself:
I own three TI graphing calculators, a TI-83 (My first, I got it when I was 5), a Voyage-200 (The screen broke) and a TI-84 Plus SE. I know TI-Basic, 68k Basic, a little AXE, and I am currently learning C. I am very excited to meet everyone on Cemetech, and have a great time!
Welcome to you both!

Glad to see you've made an account after lurking for a while Smile.
Hi everyone,

My name's Jef, and I'm playing with ti-calculators since the mid '90s. I have a ti-85 and a ti-86, still in working condition, and four ti-84-plus's (because the kids need these at school, so these are no CE's). I also have an HP48G.

I used to program a lot in asm, not only on the z80 but also on the x64 and the 6510 (C64). Then, I quit asm-programming for 20 years. Nowadays the kids are grown-ups and I'm teaching them asm, and in the mean time I'm porting my old games to the "new" ti-84-plus calculator.

I do have a couple of problems (see my threads), but the cemetech-community looks a friendly place to hang around, so I'm sure we're gonna have a good time here!

Thanks in advance for all help!
Welcome! Glad that you're coming back and I look forward to seeing some of your old games given a new lease in life.

There is also an IRC channel #CEMETECH on EfNet - Plus a discord server as well.
Heh, name is jef. Memes. Welcome! The 90s was a great time for graphing calculators.
Hi all! I came here for the programming community, and this is my first ever post here! I have a TI-84+CE, and an old TI-82 (ROM ver. 18.0 for those interested). And yes, my TI-84+CE is running OS ver. 5.3.0, but my boot code is 5.3.6 so I had to go through the whole downgrade process.

I would call myself an intermediate programmer, and I've learned a bit of C (arduino programming) and javascript, but those were so long ago I can't remember. I know my way around python fairly well though. Also I'm brand new ti TI-BASIC, but not assembly!

I learned the basics of z80 ASM by teaching myself how to to write gameboy assembly. The processor on the gameboy (both original gameboy and gameboy color) is a Sharp LR35902 core @ 4.19 MHz, which in essence is a HEAVILY stripped down z80 (Things removed include, but are not limited to: IX and IY registers, and LDIR. Yep, no LDIR on the gameboy), with some extra features you won't see anywhere else (Such as the SWAP instruction, which swaps the high and low nybbles of the acumuator).

I look forward to being a part of this community, and learning and helping others!
I came to Cemetech after I put up my first TI-BASIC program on ticalc.org around a week ago. I am looking to learn more about calculator programming. I am new to the calculator scene, and am focusing solely on BASIC at the moment. I have a TI-84+. I have experience in Scratch and minimal experience in Python. My main project at the moment is a game in BASIC called Sonic TI-Blast, where you collect rings and save the Flickies.
Hello and welcome, Oxiti8! I hope you enjoy being part of the community, and I am excited to see some of your projects!
Well, lets introduce myself.

I'm very new with programming etc, and also don't have the actual wish to really go study it or something like that. I can write some veeeery basic programs with JavaScript (I know maybe five commands) and the same with Python.
But since I've a TI-84 Plus CE Python Edition, I'm now also programming in TI-BASIC, and with that, I'm maybe already further than with JavaScript.
I've actually already made 1 program, a very basic random number generator which lets you guess it, and manually set the values the number must be in, for when multiple people want something and there isn't anyone available to take a random number...

I actually like that very basic programming, but I don't want to spend too much time on it, because it really isn't one of my main hobby's.

My main hobby's are stuff like playing harp, do stuff with medical plants ( actually every plant is medical), and reading books, especially fantasy.

I'm still young, so I've still a whole lifetime to learn stuff, and I'm still at school.
I don't know how all that systems are called in english, so I can't tell you that....

What got me to this site is that it's filled with very much stuff about the calculators and very usable programs.
I signed up to be able to also react on stuff, and to maybe learn something more.

Well, that's it.
That’s awesome! I played harp too until I moved to Japan (I moved this June). I’m also a new programmer and lots of other people here are too, so you’re not alone Very Happy .
Oxiti8 wrote:
I came to Cemetech after I put up my first TI-BASIC program on ticalc.org around a week ago. I am looking to learn more about calculator programming. I am new to the calculator scene, and am focusing solely on BASIC at the moment. I have a TI-84+. I have experience in Scratch and minimal experience in Python. My main project at the moment is a game in BASIC called Sonic TI-Blast, where you collect rings and save the Flickies.
Great to have you with us, and thanks for jumping feet-first into contributing to the community! See you around.

Welcome to all of our new users, especially mr womp womp.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 141 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours