radiskull2000 wrote:
Hello! I am the Radiskull!
Welcome to Cemetech!
Quote:
I like to make games on my TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, and am not very good at making graphics. I have Doors CSE 8.2 installed, but need to learn how to implement it's libraries in my code.
You should take a look at this xLIBC tutorial that PT_ is currently writing.
Quote:
2 days ago, I picked up an interest in Z80 Assembly but I have a Mac so I can't easily compile my code for testing. I also like to make complex paper airplanes out of old notes from school (because I have a nice steady stream of those.)
Heh. Regarding assembly, you can use SourceCoder to assemble and test assembly programs right in your browser, even on a Mac.
Hi I am Bob I discovered Cemetech about a year ago and I am currently interested in learning TI-BASIC and Xlibc programming and I only own a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.
Hi. I'm o355. I'm sorta new (signed up a month ago, so that's a thing)
Generally, I like to tinker/modify anything I get a hold of that is modifiable.

I only own a TI-84 Plus CE on the calculator spectrum, and got into calculators after I entered Algebra, and needed a graphing calculator. I already knew I could put games on calculators, then somewhere in the process, found Cemetech, and signed up. I now have around 40-50 (increasing daily!) programs on my calculator. Everyone in my grade now knows me as the guy who put games on his calculator. I went from "Wow this periodic table of elements app is amazing! (the built-in app...)" to "I don't use the built-in apps on my calculator" in the span of about 2 months. I might learn TI-BASIC to make some own games in my free time.

Other then that, I like technology a lot, and love to generally, per say, "make stuff my own" by modifying them. I also like a fair good taste of weather, and aviation, and science.

And that's me.
o355.
Hello. I'm KingInfinity. Things are a bit out of order, but the general idea is the same.
I was interested in computers at a very early age and developed skill in computer function.
About three years ago, I started a Minecraft server (originally called SurvivalCraft). I hosted it off my mac. Eventually I got a gaming PC. The server was then named PixelBlock Network.
It was from making Bukkit plugins that I learned Java and simple programming.
Recently, I closed the network. That was around the time I got my TI 84 + CE!
I remembered reading somewhere that you could put games on graphing calculators, but I had no idea how. I tried putting this thing called Doors on my calculator, but TI Connect wouldn't let me for some reason. But from then on I was determined to get the best games on my calculator. My dream game was Mario.
It was then I discovered Cemetech, and downloaded games from the 84 + CE basic section. Unfortunately, and this is no offense to the TI Basic programmers, but games (in my experience) are not meant for TI Basic. The graph screen never cleared, the programs lagged, and they were not true games.
I found the ASM section. It was 1000x better than anything I had seen in BASIC. I decided to only put ASM games on my calculator from then on.
I learned more about what Doors was, and why my calculator wouldn't work for it, and I thought to myself: "why can't Kerm put Doors in an ASM program". It turns out Kerm was thinking the same thing.
I learned TI Basic. I downloaded every ASM game there was for the 84+CE, even those that were in French. This was about the time that school was starting.
I decided to give the games I had downloaded to other students using the GraphLink cable that comes with the calculators. I also made a custom launcher so the students wouldn't have to learn asm(prgm).
But I am a stickler for rules, so when I figured out that students were using the calculators during class and distributing the games amongst themselves, I needed a solution. I took the launcher program and added an agreement: Don't play during class and don't distribute.
Unfortunately, the games still spread, which lessened my control. I feared the school would ban calculator games. So I had to add a licensing system to AGLaunch. What it did was check for a list called AUTH with security numbers inside. The program UnlockAG made the list. So the students needed UNLOCKAG to use the launcher. Unfortunately I realized the list could be transmitted just like the games.
I needed a new solution, and I found Cesium. Cesium was awesome! It was a nicer GUI than the TI Basic menu I had been using. I didn't realize Cesium was overriding the custom A program that licensed the games.
Until a couple of days ago. My previous attempts to compile ez80 asm programs had failed, as ez80 asm has seemingly less support or tutorials than z80. Nonetheless, Cesium came with a compiler, SPASM, than solved the problem for me. Now I could edit Cesium to stop editing my A file. I started with that.
But that lead to the other problem, the fact that the list could also be transmitted. I needed something that even if transmitted couldn't be used on a different calculator. I needed the calculator serial number or ID. I couldn't get it in BASIC, I needed ASM.
That brought me here, to the Cemetech community. I signed up, not knowing what to expect, and made my first post in the assembly section. It was a question about the serial number. Originally I got no answer. Of course, I had only waited five minutes. I sure am impatient.
I started asking around the SAX chat, and eventually I met Kerm!
Kerm said he saw my post, but didn't have time to look. But Runer112 also had the disassembly and the time. He helped me until the end and not only found the serial code ASM method, but also wrote most of the Cesium checking code and the serial code placement.
Now, I don't know ASM, and I hope to learn it, but Runer112, I cannot thank you enough. Also thank you to Kerm, who without, none of this would have been possible.
Now we are at present day, thank you for reading. Hopefully, we can solve new problems together.
-KingInfinity
Hello, I am Ruud de Ruijter.

I am new to graphic calculators and I have a TI-84 plus myself.
I had to buy one for my maths class and I started playing with it a bit.
I code a bit java and I really liked the simplicity of the coding language of the calculator, so I looked some things up and started with coding easy things.
I've been using this calculator for 1.5 years now and I really like it.
I am a newbie with programming with this.

I've made a couple of maths programs.
ABC-formular - Who didn't do it? Razz
Some menu for sine, cosine and tangent with calculations and some animations with text on the graph screen.
RuuddeRuijter wrote:
Hello, I am Ruud de Ruijter.

I am new to graphic calculators and I have a TI-84 plus myself.
I had to buy one for my maths class and I started playing with it a bit.
I code a bit java and I really liked the simplicity of the coding language of the calculator, so I looked some things up and started with coding easy things.
I've been using this calculator for 1.5 years now and I really like it.
I am a newbie with programming with this.

I've made a couple of maths programs.
ABC-formular - Who didn't do it? Razz
Some menu for sine, cosine and tangent with calculations and some animations with text on the graph screen.

Welcome aboard! If you make any programs you feel worthy, you should submit them to our archives and make a topic about it Smile Also keep in mind that Cemetech isn't just about calculators, feel free to post your java projects too!
Hi! I will attempt to give a bio about myself (without looking at any other posts)
I really just started programming my Ti84 this school year and I am fairly fluent in basic.
I soon moved on to axe and I know all but the most advanced concepts in it.
I downloaded mimas and have slowly struggled though the very basics of asm.
Almost all om my interests are on calc and I rarely use anything on the computer (except forums)
I have been a member of omnimaga for about 2 months.
I am currently working on a combat game and a small font program edtior both in axe.
((I also like to use parenthesis in posts))
I also usually can't stay on a forum for very long.
I am Pieman7373,
I am an amateur Basic programmer and i have a TI-84+SE and an 84+CSE. I got interested in coding because i saw all of the things that people had made for the calculators, and i wanted to contribute to that. I am eager to learn more about coding and i am excited to be excepted into the cemetech community!
Also, i am an avid rubik's cube fanatic, LOTR geek, and i am totally into anything fantasy or Star Wars! (Tomorrow!!!)
I used to be inordinately fond of parentheses, so I understand that. Wink Welcome to Cemetech; it's great to have you with us. Assembly can certainly be challenging, especially if you have limited programming experience, so be sure to ask any questions that you may have. Many of us find that making (in your case) "E37's Assembly Questions"-style topics in our z80 Assembly subforum is a good way to organize assorted ASM questions that may come to you as you learn. I can't emphasize enough that testing out code as you go, thinking of something you want the code to do, trying to make it do that, and then learning from your mistakes is vital. You can't just read and learn ASM. Exploring others' code and trying to understand how it works is also a good technique, especially if you then try to modify and re-assemble their code. Great to see you around!
Heyo!

I'm from germany and I'm like 16 years old. In my spare time, I enjoy coding (mainly C, but I'm not an maniac), of course math, chemistry, calculators and more. Please forgive my non-native english, if you see a way to correct me, please do it since I want to improve.

Well, I guess that's all of it. Oh, and I mainly went here for the Crypto Challenge, although I don't have a chance against all you code golfing asm-wizards Razz

Greetings, p4nix
Hi I'm Nick in England. I'm a software engineer by day and hardware hacker and tinkerer by day. I love arduinos and used to do alot of stuff with my TI85 many years ago. After finding i couldn't plug this into windows 10 (i just couldnt get tilp to work) I've bought myself a TI83+ which i hope to do some programming and hardware projects in conjunction with the Arduino.
Would love to get intouch with people in the UK with similar interests
Welcome to Cemetech, p4nix (nice avatar by the way) and gyxile! I hope you enjoy your stay! Smile
Hello everyone !
I'm grosged, from France. I'm married & have 2 kids, er... teenagers ! (son & daughter) .I'm almost 43 years old and I started computing in 1984, on my very 1st computer : an Amstrad CPC 464 (you know, the one including a tape recorder!)
I began to learn Basic locomotive, then Z80 assembler on it.
A few years later I also learnt programming the Atari ST's 68000 CPU + gfa Basic, then a little bit the pc processor ( it was the 486)
My job has strictly no common point with computing (I'm a hospital assistant)
And I'm glad to come back to Basic & Z80 assembler programming since a few years , thanks to Texas Instruments' Calculators !!
Welcome to Cemetech, grosged! What kinds of projects have you worked on over the years for your various devices? What have you been making for the calculators? I look forward to seeing your projects and programs, and to seeing you around.
Well, I can't say I 've worked on lots of projects, just mini-programs or optimizing challenges (in Basic or Assembler) I wrote & posted on the famous tiplanet.org site. I hope I'll succeed in finding (at last!) more spare time to program...Nice New Year's wish, isn't it ? Smile
Im gonna try and be brief, I am, obviously new here, im trying to learn at least some coding for my ti-nspire, its kind of old, and I only use the ti-84 keyboard, but it works, and it fits my needs for school. I have little experience with coding, but I have written a few simple programs on my calculator, I'm currently writing a set of programs to do all my calculations in physics. And Grape is a nickname my friends gave me when I dyed my hair purple.
GRAPE wrote:
Im gonna try and be brief, I am, obviously new here, im trying to learn at least some coding for my ti-nspire, its kind of old, and I only use the ti-84 keyboard, but it works, and it fits my needs for school. I have little experience with coding, but I have written a few simple programs on my calculator, I'm currently writing a set of programs to do all my calculations in physics. And Grape is a nickname my friends gave me when I dyed my hair purple.

Welcome to Cemetech! We hope you enjoy your stay and sharpen your programming skills. Feel free to share your programs with us by uploading them to the cemetech archives.
Ivoah wrote:
GRAPE wrote:

Welcome to Cemetech! We hope you enjoy your stay and sharpen your programming skills. Feel free to share your programs with us by uploading them to the cemetech archives.

Thanks for the welcome, im hoping to get better, but obviously, no man is an island so im hoping with some help here I can, and as soon as I finish up my whole set for physics I do intend to upload them, they're simple, but I'm decently proud of them considering how little I know.
Greetings Fellow Enthusiasts,

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

A little about me: PC Gamer, Computer repair on all devices, networking, and user of multiple operating systems. As an adult learner, I attend college full-time studying Computer Information Systems and Business Administration. Currently I am a Junior studying C#, Web Programming, Applied Calculus and Microeconomics.

I found this website while looking for resources for my new TI-84 Plus CE; I needed to know how to move and install downloaded programs to the device. It was extremely easy once I learned the process.

I am in constant learning mode and am always looking for ways to expand my knowledge of devices and how to manipulate them through coding, scripts, and programs. I look forward to gaining insight from any of the members and learning wiki's that are provided.

Thank you for the opportunity to join and hopefully I can make contacts that will improve my education and expand my networking.

Thank you,

Zalittle
GRAPE wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, im hoping to get better, but obviously, no man is an island so im hoping with some help here I can, and as soon as I finish up my whole set for physics I do intend to upload them, they're simple, but I'm decently proud of them considering how little I know.
No man is an island indeed, and beginner or expert, we all learn new things every day from each other. Smile I hope your physics programs are going well, and I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that we look forward to seeing them.

Zalittle wrote:
A little about me: PC Gamer, Computer repair on all devices, networking, and user of multiple operating systems. As an adult learner, I attend college full-time studying Computer Information Systems and Business Administration. Currently I am a Junior studying C#, Web Programming, Applied Calculus and Microeconomics.

I found this website while looking for resources for my new TI-84 Plus CE; I needed to know how to move and install downloaded programs to the device. It was extremely easy once I learned the process.
Welcome to Cemetech, Zalittle; nice to meet you, and great to have you with us. Had you done programming before your current classes, or is this a relatively new skill for you? Are you primarily interested in using your TI-84 Plus CE as a math and science tool or as a programming platform (or both!)? Either way, I'm sure we'll be happy to help you with any questions you may have. I/we can also suggest specific resources if there's something specific you're looking to learn.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 116 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours