Raylin wrote:
I write fantasy. I am *trying* to publish a book.
I have a friend who works as Freelance writer for Demand Studios. However he publishes his books throuh Lulu.
Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing. Smile I hope you'll let us know about any future computer projects that you start up on. My friend Arcades, who sometimes hangs out on IRC on #cemetech, is a Civ 4 fan, although I haven't personally played since Civ II.

Edit: @comicIDIOT: Cool! That sounds like it might be a nice alternative to formal, traditional publishing. And you should introduce yourself as well. Smile
HAI!!! Well... I'm Tanner/_player1537. I've been programming calculators for about 2 or 3 years now Very Happy For the first third of my programming, it was all ti-basic. The next year or so was dabbling in random languages, asm/axe/basic. Very recently, I've gotten into the Nspire C programming scene, and am currently working on Raven4Nspire. I've touched a little bit in Javascript, working on jBOS.

Tanner
_player1537 wrote:
HAI!!! Well... I'm Tanner/_player1537. I've been programming calculators for about 2 or 3 years now Very Happy For the first third of my programming, it was all ti-basic. The next year or so was dabbling in random languages, asm/axe/basic. Very recently, I've gotten into the Nspire C programming scene, and am currently working on Raven4Nspire. I've touched a little bit in Javascript, working on jBOS.

Tanner
Hopefully the Nspire C work and the Javascript work have helped you to respectively learn more about the other one in terms of structured and object-oriented programming. Smile I'm looking forward to helping you learn C for Raven4Nspire, and I've admired your work on jBOS. I'm glad to see that you've touched on a bit of ASM in starting to become a tad familiar with Doors CS's tools for ASM coders. Other than Javascript, you haven't really delved too much into computer programming, correct?
Correct, the farthest I have gotten in computer C is a hello world... Oh, actually it was the wacky fun numbar generator Razz I've only briefly touched C#. I've made a 4 function calculator that almost worked Smile
Ohai thar! I'm SirCmpwn/Drew DeVault. I've been coding for 10 years, calculators for 5. I'm staff at Omnimaga, and I've spent some time here at Cemetech, too. I know C#, Axe, TI-Basic, and z80 assembly. Some of my projects are Advance Wars TI, for the Omnimaga Axe contest, Mosaic, an on-calc IDE, and tiDE, an on-PC IDE, and KnightOS, a multitasking third-party OS.
Yea, so a friend from Omnimaga told me to register here as well since this place has a bunch of smart people as well Smile

Hey everyone! I'm Hyped, and I make tons of programs...like mass production, whether it be during class or in my free time:D

I write programs in Basic and ASM for TI-83+ and TI-84+ calculators, mostly. I might try to learn 68k sometime after I get bored of z80.
Some Interesting Stuff:
~Rubik's cube solver
~A crude version of Guitar Hero that runs too fast
~3D animations
~A bunch of math suites/programs
~Pokemon Blue/Red working on certain models of the 84+, but then TI changed hardware a few years ago.. (S models)

I've worked on some projects with other members of TI-calc, so you might recognize some of the stuff here

On the non-calculator hand, I'm a sophmore in high school, and I work in Windows and Linux as my primary operating systems on the computer. I've done some programming in C, and created games, and fun software stuffs.

So here ends my awkward introduction thingy, I'll be posting more often in the forums once I'm not as busy with schoolwork/projects,etc....

Here's my n00by old website that I made when I was like in 5th/6th grade-ish...I know it sucks...

Computer Games: http://bit.ly/9nZt0u

Calc Stuff....sorry about broken image links, I haven't worked on site for like 2-3 years...
http://bit.ly/bBbdar

----------------------
Anyways, I'll be hanging around here for some time as well as Omni,....but I won't be very active as of now due to important school work overload =.=

So yea, I'm not a bot Razz
Welcome to Cemetech, Hyper! Great to see you here, and thank your friend for us for the kind complement. It sounds like you have a lot of experience in programming, are those all BASIC programs that you've written? I'll take a look at your site after this post. And cool about computer programs, too; not many of our new members have both calculator and computer programming experience. No worries about the broken images, we all get busy at some point and don't have time to update our websites (cough me cough). Do you have any current calculator projects?
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, Hyper! Great to see you here, and thank your friend for us for the kind complement. It sounds like you have a lot of experience in programming, are those all BASIC programs that you've written? I'll take a look at your site after this post. And cool about computer programs, too; not many of our new members have both calculator and computer programming experience. No worries about the broken images, we all get busy at some point and don't have time to update our websites (cough me cough). Do you have any current calculator projects?

Liar :P What about all the stuff I've been making you do on the website recently >:)
Hyped, I wish to play a pun with your name. I hope to be rather hyped for future programs of yours, those look great!

_player1537 wrote:
Liar Razz What about all the stuff I've been making you do on the website recently >Smile
It's been outsourced to me.
Oh hi there Kerm Very Happy

Aren't you the famous guy who made Doors CS6? Its a great shell, I use it more than mirage actually Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------
The stuff on my site, I've worked by myself and also with friends on Ti-calc and in school, so I won't try to steal credit here Wink

I haven't been very busy with calc stuff lately, but before, my current projects were trying to optimize TI-Boy to run on calculator models that were newer and don't support the hardware needs of the application like the old models before TI changed the hardwares a while ago. Other stuff was working with a friend on making a program that could jailbreak ipod touches/iphones....we're still waiting on it to be released. I think the guy who built Mirage was helping us too. Other than that, building some fun basic programs and discovering hidden key combinations of the calc to reset some stuff, that's about it. Razz
DCS7, actually Wink
Looks like I will need to update my Doors, I'm still using Doors 6 lol
Hyped wrote:

Aren't you the famous guy who made Doors CS6? Its a great shell, I use it more than mirage actually Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------
The stuff on my site, I've worked by myself and also with friends on Ti-calc and in school, so I won't try to steal credit here Wink

I haven't been very busy with calc stuff lately, but before, my current projects were trying to optimize TI-Boy to run on calculator models that were newer and don't support the hardware needs of the application like the old models before TI changed the hardwares a while ago. Other stuff was working with a friend on making a program that could jailbreak ipod touches/iphones....we're still waiting on it to be released. I think the guy who built Mirage was helping us too. Other than that, building some fun basic programs and discovering hidden key combinations of the calc to reset some stuff, that's about it. Razz
That's me re: Doors CS, and thanks! You should grab Doors CS 7.0, which I just released last week and has tons of new features and fixes over 6.0.

Ah, then you're talking about BrandonW, who hangs out here sometimes. He actually wasn't one of the original MirageOS authors, although he's made some patches for MirageOS for it to work on the Nspire calculators. I'm intrigued about the key combinations; I hope you'll share. Smile

I quickly glanced through your list of programs, and they look amazingly impressive! I particularly like the Rubik's Cube solver thing and the Graph 3D program. I've been looking for a 3D graphing program for a while, what does yours have? It says it can graph multiple 3D graphs at once? How did you do that?
Hyped wrote:

Care to check out Doors CS 7? Then Very Happy

Quote:
It sounds like a Jailbreaking program for the iDevices on a calculator, or did I miss any clues as to what that jailbreaking thing is being developed on?
The 3d graph program was a project that my friend was working on, and he left it for me to finish. Its supposedly supposed to be able to graph multiple ones, however, I would try improving stability and smoothness when rendering the graphs and rotating them as well. As for now its a ok version, but not that good in my opinion. I've seen better XD

Key Combinations: stuff thats built into the OS itself that could bypass security options such as Krolypto. Keys that can get into the memory and reset ram, apps,programs even with the memory locked out. However, there are patches for these keys that prevent them from working...though most people don't know about these key combinations or patches.

--Merged--
And the jailbreaker is built on the calc's system. However, you will need a bunch of convertion cables to link the Mini USB on a TI 83/84 to the ipod touch/iphone's bottom area for it to work...

Some mod can delete my double post below Razz

Sorry about the double post, I didn't notice it until someone posted a comment about he jailbreaker project thing.
For the record, you might want to avoid double posting. There is a button called "Edit" on the top right hand side of your post that you should use instead

Edit: haha SIr, beat you to it >:)
Eeek! Double post!
Try the edit button next time Smile
a, ninja'd
Sorry, merged. Kerm or some moderator can delete the double post
LIAR!
You, sir, are a terrible human being of the first degree. Perhaps you have promise as a coder, and perhaps you even have current programming skills, but your tactics are completely base, unacceptable, and to be frank, embarrassing to yourself. You claim a "friend" let you finish his 3D graphing project. Here's an interesting fact: I wrote Graph3D. Your source code is identical to mine, except that you changed my name. Pretty entertaining that you'd choose to tell me of all people that you made it. Very Happy Here's your description (from http://lienyingzhe.webs.com/ti8384programs.htm, your website without the bit.ly cover):

Josh Lien's Website wrote:
Description: Graph3D v6.0 is a fully-integrated 3D graphing utility that can graph up to 10 simultaneous 3D equations. You can edit the window settings, zoom settings, and format from within the program. You can trace over any graph, and rotate and zoom graphs from the graph screen. This complete recoding of the program optimizes the size and speed of the program, providing a cleaner and more intuitive interface.

Here's my program, Graph 3D v4.0, on ticalc.org. Here's my description:
ticalc.org wrote:
Graph3D v4.0 is a fully-integrated 3D graphing utility that can graph up to 10 simultaneous 3D equations. You can edit the window settings, zoom settings, and format from within the program. You can trace over any graph, and rotate and zoom graphs from the graphscreen. This complete recoding of the program optimizes the size and speed of the program, providing a cleaner and more intuitive interface. Doors CS v5.0 optimized and certified.

I checked the code, and it's directly stolen. In fact, let's take a walk through some of your other programs that you've stolen. I can't find sources to all of them, so maybe you didn't steal them all. In that case, you should apologize, delete these stolen programs, and stick around so we can help you learn better BASIC and ASM skills, since we're actually very nice and friendly people when we're not mad at disrespectful and thieving behavior.

All Math.v7.10 - Josh says, "Math from Pre-algebra through calculus. Includes: complete the square, direct/indirect variation, number of solutions, midpoint, prime numbers, Pythagorean theorem, quadratic formula, slope, distance, vertex, area, volume, surface area, y intercept, Fibonacci sequence, circumference, average, simplified square roots, proportions, system of equations, distance of point to line, types of quadrilaterals, scientific notation, a point of an isosceles trapezoid, Pythagorean triples, law of sines/cosines, DMS, geometric mean, circle equation maker, lateral area, apothegm finder, point-slope to Y-intercept, frustums, graphing without Y= format, graphing < and >, vector magnitude and direction, vector addition, and 3D distance, test for collinear points, 3D midpoint, sphere equation maker, distance of parallel lines, modulus, 3 variable system of equations, standard form to y intercept, Cramer's rule, 3 points to equation for parabola, graphing inequalities, All about conics (equation makers, details about, and etc.), logarithms of X base, iterations, sequences, and sum of sequences, Cramer's Rule for a system of 3 equations". The real original program on ticalc.org, by Josh Howard.

ABC Formula v3.1 - Josh says, "Description: This is a quadratic equation solver. I know that there are millions of programs that do this, but this one is unique because it not only gives you the answer, but it also shows the steps involved to come to the answer." The real original program on ticalc.org, by Bert Lammers.

Battleship v5.8 - Josh says, "Description:This is the classic Battleship game originally made by Marvel. Just like old times with the pegs and the plastic ships, only now there are no small pieces to lose. Three difficulty levels. Two-player mode across link cable as well as AI."

Sudoku v3.2 - Josh says, "Description:This is a graphical Sudoku game with a random level generator, 4 levels of difficulty, load/save/continue/restart functionality and an error identifier/clearer." The real original program on ticalc.org, by Brendan Fletcher. Hey, guess what, this program was ALSO an entry in a Cemetech contest, so it's the second of "your" programs that I recognition, having graded it personally.

Rubik's Cube v1.0 - Here you got into new territory, stealing an ASM program instead of a BASIC program. Josh says, "Description:A virtual Rubik's Cube with superior graphics. Nothing else to say about it. The Readme file included in the zip file will tell you how to use this Rubik's cube." The real original program on ticalc.org, by Mikhail Lavrov.

I could keep going, but I'm driving up my blood pressure going through this. I'm your sure BASIC and ASM tutorials are also stolen, and in fact the ASM one looks like CoBB's tutorial, which I checked out a few years ago. Your computer programs also seem stolen, from a quick perusal of the internet. So here's the bottom line:

:: In a community of free, often open-source (by default or by choice) software, honesty and trust are paramount. Without money as an incentive for making programs, fame and reputation are everything we have going for us. Stealing anyone's program and calling it your own is looking down on as despicable behavior. You appear to have done this again and again, even making up cover stories about your "friends" when called on it, as you did with Graph 3D.
:: I request that you immediately delete "Graph 3D v6.0" from your website, including the link, description, and zip file. I don't remember if I included a license with Graph3D, but if so, you may be in violation of certain intellectual property laws if you retain that file on your site, and I will take appropriate measures in contacting your webhost. I'm sure we can resolve this amicably.
:: I also urge you to consider removing the other programs you've taken from other authors. Of course, you should keep up any of the ones you've made on your own, if any of them are indeed your own work.
:: If you see my point and don't think I'm just picking on you for no reason, and you understand why what you did is wrong, then you should stick around, tell us what your ASM and BASIC skills really are, and let us help you build your skills so you won't have to take programs from other hard-working programmers.

What say we all?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours