I've noticed a lot of new users coming in and lurking on SAX. Come on, make a post and introduce yourself! What brings you to Cemetech? Are you a programmer, or are you looking to learn? If so, what language(s) do you know or want to learn? Are you a BASIC coder, an ASM coder, or perhaps even an Axe coder? If not, what can we help you with? Do you know about Doors CS/Doors CSE? What kind of calculator do you have? Do you have computer programming experience? Any cool projects you have going?

Whatever you think would be good for us to know about you as a brand-new Cemetechian, we'd love to hear.
hi
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
hi
Hi Kevin! Laughing You do indeed tend to SAX-lurk (forum lurk? Slurk? flurk?), but I don't know if you count as a newbie. Wink Actually, I'm not sure what you're working on these days, other than that Axe ball game with the scrolling animation backgrounds I saw a few weeks ago. Is that currently your primary project?
Wow, my post went through?

It loaded, loaded and loaded, and after one minute, I gave up and closed the tab. Talk about a zombie post Razz

Well I've been doing TI calc stuff for over 9 years now (started on July 4th 2001). I've programmed TI-BASIC during the entire time (mostly calculator RPGs) and also attempted a few times to learn z80 assembly and 68K C but to no avail. In 2010 I learned Axe Parser language and it is now the language I use the most, although I do not code as much as I did from 2001 to 2005.

Besides that I run another calculator forum and I used to make electronic music (from 2002 to early 2004 then late 2006 until 2010).
I'm a fan of your music, and have it as a more or less permanent installation among the more transient collection on my MP3 player. Smile What are your current projects, DJ Omnimaga? Do you have any plans to try to re-learn z80 ASM or 68K / ANSI C at any point, or it's not a priority?
hiiiiiii
I may attempt z80 again eventually but this time with Hot Dog's tutorials as additional help. I want to master Axe first, though. As for my current project, I have an Axe platformer called Supersonic Ball in the works.
baiiiiiiii
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I may attempt z80 again eventually but this time with Hot Dog's tutorials as additional help. I want to master Axe first, though. As for my current project, I have an Axe platformer called Supersonic Ball in the works.
Oh good, I'm glad that Supersonic Ball is still under development; any new features or progress since I last heard about it? Smile
Unfortunately nope. Progress is slow but right now, it mostly consists in splitting the data in a separate sub-program so the source is much easier to scroll through and then I need to make a whole bunch of levels.

To speed up the process I also need to write down all the tiles I use in the game, because trying to recognize tiles from HEX data to know which tile ID to use for each level is pretty much trial and error (and time-consuming) for me otherwise. X.x
That's definitely true, and it's always helpful to have an outline of variables, sprites, and such down on paper for future reference anyway, especially if you want to come back to a program or project a few years after you first worked on it. Good luck on the level creation!
Did I ever introduce myself formally?
Raylin wrote:
Did I ever introduce myself formally?
I don't think you ever did. Doooo itttt!
o hai thar.

My name is Raylin. I enjoy long walks on the bea...- [/wtf]

Yeah. Well, my name is Raylin and I program games.
I also write books. And, that's all I can say about me.

Peace.
Raylin wrote:
o hai thar.

My name is Raylin. I enjoy long walks on the bea...- [/wtf]

Yeah. Well, my name is Raylin and I program games.
I also write books. And, that's all I can say about me.

Peace.
You write books? What genre? Have you published any of your books either online or in print? I know that you code TI-BASIC, are a skilled spriter, and are starting to learn z80 ASM; what other languages do you know?
I write fantasy. I am *trying* to publish a book. And I code in C#, XNA, TI-BASIC, Axe, (learning) z80 ASM, Python, (learning) Java, VB.NET, VB6, and Game Maker.
Raylin wrote:
I write fantasy. I am *trying* to publish a book. And I code in C#, XNA, TI-BASIC, Axe, (learning) z80 ASM, Python, (learning) Java, VB.NET, VB6, and Game Maker.
Cool! Of those, I know (marginal) C#, TI-BASIC, (extremely) z80, Python, I teach Java, and I have a passing knowledge of VB, so I hope you'll ask for any help that you need with those languages, including learning Java. Smile Do you have any projects going in any of those computer languages? I'd love to read a draft or a chapter of what you're working on if you're ready share it anywhere yet.
Might as well introduce myself a bit here:

I've programmed on both my computer and my calculators. On the computer I program primarily Visual Basic and Python (2.x), but I've done a bit of C/C++ as well. On my TI-83+, which is now link-port-less, I've done lots of TI-Basic, a bit of BBC Basic, and a bit of z80 assembly. On my TI-89 Titanium, I've done TI-Basic and C (with GCC4TI).

This makes me a 68k coder and thus a rarity on both z80-oriented forums I'm a part of- Cemetech and Omnimaga. I check both forums but I'm more active on Omnimaga.

I've also done some computer game modding, specifically for Civilization 4 (which is a great modding platform for two reasons: first, it uses Python as a scripting language, and second, Firaxis made the main DLL, which contains almost everything except the game's engine open source).
TC01 wrote:
Might as well introduce myself a bit here:

I've programmed on both my computer and my calculators. On the computer I program primarily Visual Basic and Python (2.x), but I've done a bit of C/C++ as well. On my TI-83+, which is now link-port-less, I've done lots of TI-Basic, a bit of BBC Basic, and a bit of z80 assembly. On my TI-89 Titanium, I've done TI-Basic and C (with GCC4TI).

This makes me a 68k coder and thus a rarity on both z80-oriented forums I'm a part of- Cemetech and Omnimaga. I check both forums but I'm more active on Omnimaga.
You are indeed a rarity of both fora for that. I hope you'll stick around here and keep telling us about your projects, including Solar89. Smile

TC01 wrote:
I've also done some computer game modding, specifically for Civilization 4 (which is a great modding platform for two reasons: first, it uses Python as a scripting language, and second, Firaxis made the main DLL, which contains almost everything except the game's engine open source).
That's awesome! Very impressive. What did you mod Civ 4 for / to do?

I should really write a formal introduction of myself at some point.
Yes, I intend to keep working on 68k projects- if I can find some more, that is.

As for Civ 4- my user page on Civfanatics contains a list of all the stuff I've made for Civ 4. I'd say there are three main projects I've worked on:

-An extension to the Final Frontier scenario that comes with the Beyond the Sword expansion pack. Final Frontier is a space-themed total conversion of Civ 4, with solar systems and other stuff. Impressively, it was programmed entirely in Python, but as a result had some problems. My mod fixes a lot and adds additional features.

-A "modmod" of Fall from Heaven 2, the fantasy total conversion of Civ 4, that adds a new civilization. This was my first project, and started because I had thought up the ideas for the new civilization and wanted them realized in game. That led to everything else.

-A mod for Civilization IV: Colonization (which is really just an official mod of Civ 4 that Firaxis sold as a new game) that moves the game to a wild west setting.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours