Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Don't forget that if it's 12:01am EDT (GMT-4) next Sunday, September 5th, 2010, you will have missed Cemetech Contest #7's deadline! Contest 7, a Doors CS-themed contest, challenges BASIC, ASM, and Axe programmers to create a program or game that takes advantage of the Doors CS features for that language, including headers and BASIC libraries for BASIC coders, and ASM features like the GUI system and AP system for ASM programmers. Entries will be graded by myself and Rivereye on the basis of originality, speed, size and use of Doors CS libraries. A first-place winner will be chosen from the ASM and the BASIC category, and an overall grand prize winner will be chosen from between those two winners.

The grand prize winner gets to choose between a unique Chameleon'd TI-73 converted into a TI-83+, the only TI-83+ in existence that can executed in RAM Bank 3 without crashing, donated courtesy of Brandon Wilson, and a TI-83+ Silver Edition, donated courtesy of Shaun "Merthsoft" McFall. The second- and third-place winners in each category will receive a USB power injector crafted by yours truly, which not only lets you plug standard USB devices like mice, keyboards, Bluetooth dongles, WiFi dongles, and more into your calculator, but injects more power than is provided by the calculator via a complex circuit and a 9V battery so high-current devices can be used.

So wrap up your entries, remember to add a readme and compress your files and readme in a zip (as well as mention which DCS versions you have tested under), and submit your entries before the deadline! Good luck to all the entrants, and feel free to post in this topic if you have any last-minute questions or points of clarification.

Oh boy, I need to start work on my game NOW Razz Good thing I've got 5 math classes until then Wink
_player1537 wrote:
Oh boy, I need to start work on my game NOW Razz Good thing I've got 5 math classes until then Wink
Good thing indeed! Although Cemetech of course does not condone working on contest entries instead of paying attention in your math classes. Wink Good luck on your entry.
Mine's already sent in but I need to take a look at that strange graphical bug one more time to see if I can actually fix it. It has been bugging me for a while >.<;
KeithJohansen wrote:
Mine's already sent in but I need to take a look at that strange graphical bug one more time to see if I can actually fix it. It has been bugging me for a while >.<;
Is it by any chance replicable via this?

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107836#107836
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
Mine's already sent in but I need to take a look at that strange graphical bug one more time to see if I can actually fix it. It has been bugging me for a while >.<;
Is it by any chance replicable via this?

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107836#107836


That seems to be an issue with real(3) and DCSxLIB. Mine's an issue with real(12) and xLIB. I might try a variant of that solution though. Seems like it's worth a go.
Fair enough, and now that I'm thinking more clearly, it seems perhaps you said that you get the same behavior on both xLIB and DCSxLIB?

By the way, if you're reading this topic, you're entering, and you're not one of the following people, would you mind reminding me that you're entering?

> Souvik1997: Hybrid BASIC
> KeithJohansen: Hybrid BASIC
> Qazz42: Hybrid BASIC
> xxEpicxXXxFailxx: Hybrid BASIC
> Player1537: [unknown]
> BrandonW: z80 Assembly
Looks like the Hybrid BASIC category is gonna be a close one. And BrandonW will for sure win asm if nobody else enters.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Looks like the Hybrid BASIC category is gonna be a close one. And BrandonW will for sure win asm if nobody else enters.
Indeed. It would be fun if he ends up winning the grand prize, if he picks his own calculator as his prize. Laughing
The same behavior occurs from the home screen with xLIB, from DCS6.2 with xLIB, from DCS6.2 somehow using DCSxLIB, and from DCS7 using DCSxLIB. It's an xLIB problem, quite self-evidently.

Also, it looks like BrandonW is going to win his division by default Razz
Quick, someone else enter the ASM division and see if you can pull off stealing the win from BrandonW! Laughing
I may enter the N-game game I made. Hybrid BASIC.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I may enter the N-game game I made. Hybrid BASIC.
Do it! You should definitely try to enter that.
KermMartian wrote:
...Entries will be graded by myself and Rivereye on the basis of originality, speed, size and use of Doors CS libraries...


Originality: Not many games like mine.
Speed: Pretty fast.
Use of DCS libs: YEAH!
Size: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
...Entries will be graded by myself and Rivereye on the basis of originality, speed, size and use of Doors CS libraries...


Originality: Not many games like mine.
Speed: Pretty fast.
Use of DCS libs: YEAH!
Size: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
Well, speed vs. size vs. reasonableness, of course. A 2KB sidescroller is decent, while a 2KB integer guessing game is not so decent (unless, of course, it's grayscale).
Oh. I wanted to know...

How EXACTLY is the 73 unique? Is it just Chameleon'd and case swapped?
No. Better. BrandonW touched it :O
Raylin wrote:
Oh. I wanted to know...

How EXACTLY is the 73 unique? Is it just Chameleon'd and case swapped?


It can execute asm code above $C000
Practical application is what?
Raylin wrote:
Practical application is what?


Bragging rights!!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 5
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum