Aight, here's how this will work. List first your three to five favorite graphing calculator games by other authors, then three to five of your favorite calculator games by yourself. Hopefully we'll find some common ground on the games by others, and have an opportunity to tell people about games of our own that they might not have heard of. If possible, try to provide a ticalc.org or cemetech.net link to each game.

I'll start us off:

Others' Games
:: Paper Plane - This is a pretty straightforward game, like falldown but with a paper plane. It's infinitely entertaining, though, having both random levels and a stored challenge run that gets harder and harder the further you go.
:: Uncle Worm - The summer I was doing research in New Jersey, this innovative Snake clone kept me more than entertained on my semi-daily train rides.
:: Phoenix - How could you go wrong with such a classic?
:: Acelgoyobis - Pinball physics and a hard-to-pronounce name. An instant classic since about seven years ago.
:: Phantom Star - Less-known than Phoenix, but in my opinion, much better! If you haven't tried it, you must.

My Games
:: Invalid Tangram DE - My port of an innovative computer space-shooter game. Based on time rather than health.
:: Civilization Simulator I - My confusingly-named peaceful Age of Empires-type game, this game needs a ton of speeding up in the form of conversion to assembly. It's somewhere in the future
:: World Domination - It's similar to Risk, with decently-good graphics and gameplay for BASIC.
:: Scartch v1.0 - A fun human-vs-AI tank/scorched earth game.
Others' Games
- Phantom Star - It's fun! And I can beat it unlike Phoenix...
- Bang Bang 4 - 2 player simple version of Tanks in BASIC. It's really well done. I have upgraded the graphics on mine a tad though `-`
- Mega Ball - What can I say? I like Mega Ball Razz Not sure if that's the right link though
- ZTris - Tetris! Tetris! Tetris! Tetris!
- Rush Hour - I've always been a fan of this game.

My Games
- ProtoType [No longer available] - A very old BASIC game I made years ago. A top-down space-shooter puzzle game. Sadly, Mirage ate my copy which was the only copy in existence. Might remake this game some day.
- The Stock Market Game 2010 - Since I'm up to version 6 or so, I can't say I don't enjoy this game (especially since only TSMG 2010 was released online). It's fun to test my luck when I'm bored in class... Razz

I can't remember and don't have any other games that are finished. Most of my calculator is being taken up by the Yumé series, Metroid: Return to Maridia, Megaera, and Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: Battle Lyrical `-`
::Paper Plane - A fun minimal movement dodging game. It reminds me of skiing somewhat. (581 in classic)
::Cave - This is as simple as a games gets. Fight gravity and dodge boulders while staying away from the walls. I probably put 40 hrs on this game last year. (3274)
::Indestructo Tank - You're a tank with no gun, so bounce off planes and tanks to kill them. I loved this game even more once I figured out that you can get a higher score by not beating the game. (level 18 in easy)
::Uncle Worm - This game is just great. I was freaking out though when I made it to level 6. (526 fast)
::Z-Kart - This is a tunnel game where the walls are mostly diagonal lines. I might not of liked this game as much had the highscore that came with it not been 1824. (1843)

Now my games:
Mine would have been a lot more fun if I hadn't already beat the real version before I made them
::The Impossible Game - Jump on the blocks, avoid the spikes. If you want to beat this 90 second game it's going to take you 6hrs.
::Missile Game 3d - A semi 3d game where you fly down a pipe through holes in panels that come at you. It can get addicting. (88 )
::Orbit - Another semi-simple game. Go get the squares while avoiding the circles orbiting you. (119)
::Tetris Marathon - My goal was to beat zTris, and I think I did. (977,011)
::Z-Rox - A unique puzzle game where you try to identify the object passing across a narrow slit in the screen. Just like a xerox machine does.

That took a while. But I guess by writing all that, it appears that I like fast paced games. Yay

I also like mega ball. Though I disassembled mine and modded it Razz Mine can save and quit and I introduced a finish level block that drops if you have <6 blocks and you miss them for 20 seconds.
@Keith: Good choices. I hope you resurrection ProtoType; it sounds fun. Is it anything like RType-3? Very Happy

@ThePenguin: I like the criteria that you've chosen. Smile Good call on all of those.
KermMartian wrote:
@Keith: Good choices. I hope you resurrection ProtoType; it sounds fun. Is it anything like RType-3? Very Happy.

Never even heard of RType before and no, it wasn't anything like it.

I don't recall much about ProtoType's mechanics, really, but I will resurrect it. In fact, I think I might work on one after Yumé 2 and before I work on Yumé 3. Either that, finishing DiChromatic (another spaceship puzzle game and my original DCS contest entry that was scrapped due to me disliking my rate of non-progress on it), or testing out an idea for a Shinkon Gattai Godannar game.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/401/40166.html

Castlvania FTW
RType-3 was an extremely fun SNES space shooter that I played, emulated, when I was in elementary school. Some Google image screenshots of RType-3. Anywho, I'm glad to hear that you'll be picking it up again between Yumé's 2 and 3. Can't wait for the topic. Wink

@Qazz: You always choose Castlevania. Smile

@Everyone else: more opinions?
Mario, by Rhett Langseth
Wacky Fun Random Numbar Generator. Description speaks for itself. A must have!
Level up by walking around
Best RPG Evar. Only downside is that it's not for the TI-83+.

As for my games that I recommend,

Grayscale Number Guessing Game!
Eat Nethams: The Game.

Best calc games evar!
/me *facepalms* at DJ Omnimaga for his selections.
But... but... those are GREAT games! Especially the first one!
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
But... but... those are GREAT games! Especially the first one!
I think that first one belongs in the SNOTY Award thread rather than this one, personally.
Ah, what great invention is the irony mark. Razz
Don't you mean sarcasm? `-`

/me goes off to build a game to earn a SNOTY award with then builds a game to earn a POTY award with.
My all time favorite games by others:
Axe Tunnel - This game kept me and my brothers amused for hours when there was nothing to do.
The Impossible Game - I am STILL trying to beat both levels!
Geowars - Quite fun to play, although a bit old after a while...
FF: Tales of Magic - A good game, but really big.
Phoenix - Classic!

Favorite games by me:
NBA 3 Pointer - Long story behind this, always reminds me of good times...
ENTRY - Program I made when I was really still a n00b, not that good, but the first game I was proud of.
Clash of Dimensions - Not finished yet, but I'm sure it will be my best yet.
I am very surprised that this isn't on here yet, but this is one of my tops:
Desolate - A Top-Down style Adventure/Puzzle game made by tr1p1ea, with awesome greyscale graphics.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Don't you mean sarcasm? `-`

/me goes off to build a game to earn a SNOTY award with then builds a game to earn a POTY award with.
For bonus points, come up with a game that wins both SNOTY and POTY at once! Laughing

@EpicFail: Wait, wasn't NBA 3 Pointer one of Hays' Games despicable creations?
KermMartian wrote:

@EpicFail: Wait, wasn't NBA 3 Pointer one of Hays' Games despicable creations?

Possibly in the past, I've never heard of it though.

This game was entirely made by me and my brother, download and see for yourself, xXEpicxXXxFailXx would never copy anything!

But It's probably just a name coincidence. The game was supposed to be "NBA Free-throw".

EDIT: My brother has the same last name as you, Kerm...
xXEpic, you mean "Martian" or my real last name? Wink Anyway, it's been a while since we visited this thread; does anyone have anything new they want to add in terms of their favorite calculator games?
Rush Hour is probably my favorite that I've played so far, as frustrating as it is. I like Othello and Connect 4 also, for their simplicity. I've also been known to play with the various sci-fi/scanning screensavers and pretend my calc is a tricorder.
DShiznit wrote:
I've also been known to play with the various sci-fi/scanning screensavers and pretend my calc is a tricorder.

+1. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours