TI-83 Plus, OS 1.19, DCS 7.3.

Bug: Window closes after hitting done, but the window's pixels remain. Typing overwrites the pixels of the window.

2nd [+] Mem Mgmt/del --> appvars and delete them all
Off. On. Enter. Hit X on the splash screen, upper right, with mouse pointer. Hit next using mouse pointer. Hit done using mouse pointer. Press any number key to see bug.
So back in high school, I saw a teacher's calculator get random answers from any formula he put in. I figured out how it worked, and implemented it. It was a TI-BASIC program, that's easy enough to quit out of. Until you run dcs7 at least once.

If you run the program, and get it to error, several things stop working, and take a RAM Reset to fix. One of those things is turning the calculator off.

Below is the SourceCoder source for the program.

SourceCoder 3 (TEST) wrote:
:ClrHome
:Lbl 1
:Input "",A
:randInt(~100,100)->B
:Disp B
:Goto 1

I'm curious to why this happens.
Which Doors CS version are you running? Which TI-OS version are you running?
I've tried this on TI-OS 2.43 with DCS7.2b1 and TI-OS 2.55MP with DCS7.2 Final.
sonicrules1234 wrote:
If you run the program, and get it to error, several things stop working, and take a RAM Reset to fix. One of those things is turning the calculator off.

SourceCoder 3 (TEST) wrote:
:ClrHome
:Lbl 1
:Input "",A
:randInt(~100,100)->B
:Disp B
:Goto 1
In fact, this bug can be replicated with only the following:
Code:
Input "",A
It's caused by Doors CS not having the opportunity to clean up its hooks. It's not clear to me why Doors CS isn't catching that error; my understanding was that Doors CS's hooks would catch any error, including errors generated by using Input/Prompt. I will work on tracking this down when I get a chance.
*bump* I've noticed another Doors CS 7.2 bug of my own while testing out the Spark Core stuff. In some cases, running a program that enables (and then presumably subsequently disables) CALCnet2.2, then trying to quit HomeRun, quit Doors CS, or run another program causes the run indicator to run and the calculator to require a battery pull.
I made an appvar from a program using the det(0,fileName,2) and it worked. But then, when I ran it again, the appvar disappeared but didn't reappear as a program. I tried the whole thing again, but then the appvar wouldn't switch back!
What filename did you use? Is it possible you chose a name that would make the TI-OS think the program was hidden (ie, not an uppercase letter)?
No, I just called it APPVAR.

Edit: Hehe, yeah... About this... Reading the SDK really helps... It's not a bug, I just didn't put rowSwap(... Sorry about that!
i found a bug thats not bad just kind of wierd.
When you edit a basic program in Doors, from the doors app itself and not from the homescreen, and you press mode than it displays a white screen but you can still select different items in mode, you just can't see what your selecting.
When i exited out of Doors after this happened, just now, my calc crashed and cleared the ram. luckily i was smart enough to back up my stuff.
I found a minor bug: If you are on the first page in the root folder of DCS then open a folder, go to the second page, and go back up to the root folder, you end up on page 2 of the root folder, not page 1.
Shock

I knew that Y is a little erratic in the TI-OS but the above doesn't happen when DCSE isn't installed.
DJ_O wrote:
Shock

I knew that Y is a little erratic in the TI-OS but the above doesn't happen when DCSE isn't installed.

I'm also getting similar behavior on my TI-84 Plus with DCS7.2, except Y is 0. Probably something with the graph screen going on there.

Edit: disabling DCS libraries and hooks returns normal behavior.
DJ_O: What is your window?
I'm not getting this at all, even with the libraries and hooks enabled...

EDIT: Oh yes, changing the window affects this.

When Xmin = -10, Xmax = 10, Ymin = 0, and Ymax = 1, the answer is 0.
IRC wrote:
<Ivoah> KermM: Let me try to rephrase it, *ahem* When a BASIC program throws an error and brings me to the error screen, pressing "2" to go to the error just brings me to the homescreen without clearing the text, and a ram-clear usually follows shortly after
As I said on IRC, I need some context. Obviously the vast majority of 2:Gotos work fine, because programmers use Doors CS and would complain. You probably have a syntax error in Asm(prgmXXX or expr(.
Here's the program that was causing errors: http://hastebin.com/kivixusoqo.coffee
Ivoah wrote:
Here's the program that was causing errors: http://hastebin.com/kivixusoqo.coffee
Which error? Can you tell to where your code gets before the error triggers? Which version of Doors CS are you using?
I have a TI-nspire with the 84+SE keypad, and the last time I changed the batteries was a LONG time ago, but the battery meter is full. I'm not sure it it's a problem with doors CS or if my batteries just last a really long time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 38 of 40
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours