I mentioned this on IRC. . . . anyway, DCS will recognize my datafiles as executable programs. This unto itself is not a big issue, as the files begin with ret instructions. The problem is that DCS skips the ret instruction, and tries to execute the data.

Example header:

Code:
  .dw compiledProgramToken
  ret
  .db "rfkdata"
  ; more data here
I'm going to assume that it identifies them as Ion programs, correct? The standard Ion header is the first three bytes that you described. If you were to instead use the Doors CS "hide" header for ASM programs:

Code:
    .dw compileProgramToken
    xor e
    ret
    .db "rfkdata"
    ; more data here
Then Ion would ignore them, Doors CS would hide them, and the TI-OS would still refuse to execute them.
No, it does not identify them as Ion programs. It actually shows a garbled icon. Ion's header is 0C9h, 30h. MirageOS programs use either 1, 2, or 3 as the second byte.
DrDnar wrote:
No, it does not identify them as Ion programs. It actually shows a garbled icon. Ion's header is 0C9h, 30h. MirageOS programs use either 1, 2, or 3 as the second byte.
Ooooh, you know what it is? I interpreted programs that start $BB, $6D, $C9, [!$30] as MirageOS, because there are some MirageOS programs where the programmer failed to make 1, 2, or 3 the second byte. That would be the issue. :/ Would you be ok with the fix I suggested?
Hah. They can't copy and paste from Detached Solutions SDK text files? Oh well. My plan was to make appvars, not programs, the norm anyway.
DrDnar wrote:
Hah. They can't copy and paste from Detached Solutions SDK text files? Oh well. My plan was to make appvars, not programs, the norm anyway.
Apparently not, but I've seen some equally botched Ion headers (somehow), so who knows. :/
shmibs wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I blame the program. The source is included though; want me to try to fix it? It could equally be my fault, of course. Smile

it works without an problems under mirage
i dont particularly care, but it's somewhat of a hit around my school, and not being able to play it would discourage some from using doors...
Ah, then perhaps it's a problem with the interrupt? I figured out where your crash was coming from with the 506 error, and I put in a tentative fix that I need to test tonight.
I have three problems with DCS7.

#1: DCS7 breaks Omnicalc. Disabling the ON hook allows me to access the Omnicalc menu, but using any of the functions does not work.

#2: The editor does not work (I think DCS6 didn't work either). It simply does nothing or displays random tokens. Strangely, I couldn't replicate this on tilem, it only happens on my physical calculator.

#3: The Graph3 bug mentioned above.

http://i51.tinypic.com/hvnpme.jpg
those look like the tokens of an asm program when you unlock it
Except that it isn't. It's a simple basic program. http://sc.cemetech.net/?xpi=980aa99e0c1a343460d229eaed46cae9
lol, DCS fail
qazz42 wrote:
those look like the tokens of an asm program when you unlock it
That really does look like an ASM program, and a coherent one at that. I can try to figure out its exact contents if you want; what other programs than prgmYAWN do you have on the calculator in question?

Omnicalc bugs: if you disable the [ON] hooks, the Parser Hook (Homerun), and the Auto-Launch hook, that should fix most if not all the Omnicalc compatibility problems.

Graph3: I'm still in discussions about what could be causing this. The graph3 creators said they use a lot of safeRAM that Doors CS uses too, so there might be no solution.
D: you can understand that?! holy..
qazz42 wrote:
D: you can understand that?! holy..
All I need to do is consult SourceCoder's token tables to turn it back into binary, then examine a z80 opcode table to disassemble it.
ok, I didnt know SC could do that..

back to the topic at hand now
I have a huge crapton of basic programs that I wrote when I was bored/lazy in math class and a few asm programs (DOCDE6, DRMARIO, SN00D). Also, I just tried to reproduce the bug again by running YAWN out of archive and killing it with ON (repeatedly). After trying several times, the program stopped doing anything when I tried to run it. I unarchived it and checked its contents from PRGM->EDIT, and they were correct. I then opened DoorsCS7, and now it is stuck on the loading screen with the wait cursor.
some_h4x0r wrote:
I have a huge crapton of basic programs that I wrote when I was bored/lazy in math class and a few asm programs (DOCDE6, DRMARIO, SN00D). Also, I just tried to reproduce the bug again by running YAWN out of archive and killing it with ON (repeatedly). After trying several times, the program stopped doing anything when I tried to run it. I unarchived it and checked its contents from PRGM->EDIT, and they were correct. I then opened DoorsCS7, and now it is stuck on the loading screen with the wait cursor.
DocDE6? I really don't recommend using DocDE6 with DCS7; you should upgrade to DocDE7. Here's my hex transcription of the first half of your screenie:

?? 03 24 ?? CC B9 00 00 83 ?? 02 24 ?? CC B9 00 00 83 ?? 01 03 24 ?? CC CD
I never ran DocDE6. Also, I'm currently having trouble restoring my calc (error 8c010000). Do I possibly have a corrupted VAT? I also currently can't find that string in the programs.

After doing a full reset of my calculator, restore chokes on the TableSetup file.
some_h4x0r wrote:
I never ran DocDE6. Also, I'm currently having trouble restoring my calc (error 8c010000). Do I possibly have a corrupted VAT? I also currently can't find that string in the programs.

After doing a full reset of my calculator, restore chokes on the TableSetup file.
Ah, there's nothing wrong with your backup, that's just a TI-Connect failure. You're probably using the Direct USB cable, correct?
Edit: Skipping TableSetup worked. I downgraded back to DCS6 now. In DCS6, both the ON+PRGM hook and the Omnicalc hook can work together. However, the editor still doesn't work.

I don't know if I should start a new thread about this, but I absolutely cannot restore anything after TableSetup. It will give a whole range of errors, from please retry to unrecognized command and file not found.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 40
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours