I'll try. I have since rewritten it, but I'll try.
ACagliano wrote:
I'll try. I have since rewritten it, but I'll try.
Thanks, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Smile
Ok, so every so often when I run CCI it will error on identity(10 even though it isn't any different, re running CCI will fix the error, but it's annoying... don't know why it does this.
ExecArcPrgm - real(10,f#,tPrg#)

Ah, ExecArcPrgm. What kind of error does it throw to you?
hmm? no identity(10 not real(10, let me doublecheck...
Eeems wrote:
hmm? no identity(10 not real(10, let me doublecheck...
Oh sorry, DrawText, for drawing on the graph buffer or with fun options. What error though?
no idea, it just errored though and it didnt' the next time I ran it. it shouldn't have errored.
Eeems wrote:
no idea, it just errored though and it didnt' the next time I ran it. it shouldn't have errored.
Do you mean errored as in didn't behave correctly? Or it threw a Celtic-style .STR error? Or it threw a genuine DCS-skinned TI-OS error?
genuine DCS-skinned TI-OS error
Eeems wrote:
genuine DCS-skinned TI-OS error
Mhmm, and which error was that exactly? Do you have any code I could try to use to replicate it? Just so you know, identity(10) is directly from Iambian's code with no modifications, so it'll fail or succeed equally from DCS or Celtic III.
I can't remember and I don't really want to try to replicate it atm, because I have no idea how many tries it will take.
Well, it's never done this to me in Celtic III, just with DCS
Eeems wrote:
I can't remember and I don't really want to try to replicate it atm, because I have no idea how many tries it will take.
Well, it's never done this to me in Celtic III, just with DCS
Is it possible that it was a different line that was triggering the error, and the TI-OS just bungled what it told DCS? In my experience, that's not impossible.

At any rate, keep me posted if you're able to replicate the bug. Smile
well, it's what was scrolled to, and what has been scrolled to each time I've had it happen (It's happened on real calc and emulator). Also, there is nothing that could have errored yet other then it.
I'll let you know the next time it happens.
Lol seeing as how I do not own a TI-83 or TI-83+ I downloaded TI-83 flash debugger and used it to emulate DCS7 Razz Pretty point less by its self Very Happy but hey I got to finally check it out.

sorry if this derails a bit but I just wanted to say I tried DCS7 for 10 secs Very Happy

EDIT: O hells yeh! WabbitEmu pwns

any ways ima start trying all the stuff you guys post
Eeems wrote:
well, it's what was scrolled to, and what has been scrolled to each time I've had it happen (It's happened on real calc and emulator). Also, there is nothing that could have errored yet other then it.
Makes sense, I look forward to the report next time it happens.

Ted3681, thanks for going through the effort to try it out! Smile I hope you liked it; I'm sure you'll have a calculator one day for math class.
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:

Ted3681, thanks for going through the effort to try it out! Smile I hope you liked it; I'm sure you'll have a calculator one day for math class.

Yes im sure I will.

I was surprised that vti did not work well for me but WabbitEmu works great and I can hold a arrow key to move the cursor.

EDIT: thanks for editing all my posts Laughing
EDIT: sure thing. TI and there 20 year old files *face palm*

EDIT: Razz I was getting tons of errors but the newest version of Wabbit seemed to solve that.
Ted3681 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:

Yes im sure I will.

I was surprised that vti did not work well for me but WabbitEmu works great and I can hold a arrow key to move the cursor.
Yeah, I use WabbitEmu for my development and testing; glad you found it to be equally good. I'm also glad to hear you'll be testing out the games and programs that we discuss calculator-wise. Smile

Edit: Just editing out things you might regret later. I'm sure everyone can read between the lines. Razz
ok, it's a bit late, but i have a more complete statement to make now so it's probably better that i waited anyways.

first off, i did end up retrieving my data. thanks! as soon as i got it back, the first thing i did was the exact same thing i had done before to see if i could replicate the problem(...and i ended up having to recover it a second time Razz). however, i ended up getting a much better look what was going on. the error message i received was this:

Err # 506
Archive Error

the cause of this error was low battery power. when trying to archive a program from inside the doors gui, the error message is given and the user is then returned to the gui from which he can safely exit the application. when editing an axe program from the homescreen, however, after the error message is shown the user is taken to the doors gui. upon opening, it will display a list of all the subfolders and programs on the calculator in one large subfolder named "(t". this subfolder cannot be navigated out of by moving up a level, for some reason, but opening any one of the subfolders will take the user to the normal program list that is usually contained in that folder. however, regardless of what the user does, the application will ram clear on exit.

on a side note, if intercepting the editing part of the os is so difficult, couldnt you implement editing from the homescreen by checking for an additional character in a run command(example, prgmA to run and prgmA[eulers E] to edit)? just a thought.

oh, and one other minor bug that i didnt want to expend an entire post upon before, but may as well post now: running this tron clone and exiting from the menu yields no errors, but exiting during gameplay causes a ram clear
shmibs wrote:
ok, it's a bit late, but i have a more complete statement to make now so it's probably better that i waited anyways.

first off, i did end up retrieving my data. thanks! as soon as i got it back, the first thing i did was the exact same thing i had done before to see if i could replicate the problem(...and i ended up having to recover it a second time Razz). however, i ended up getting a much better look what was going on. the error message i received was this:

Err # 506
Archive Error

the cause of this error was low battery power. when trying to archive a program from inside the doors gui, the error message is given and the user is then returned to the gui from which he can safely exit the application. when editing an axe program from the homescreen, however, after the error message is shown the user is taken to the doors gui. upon opening, it will display a list of all the subfolders and programs on the calculator in one large subfolder named "(t". this subfolder cannot be navigated out of by moving up a level, for some reason, but opening any one of the subfolders will take the user to the normal program list that is usually contained in that folder. however, regardless of what the user does, the application will ram clear on exit.
Awesome, I should totally be able to track that down, then! Thanks for the extremely detailed bug report! Smile

shmibs wrote:
on a side note, if intercepting the editing part of the os is so difficult, couldnt you implement editing from the homescreen by checking for an additional character in a run command(example, prgmA to run and prgmA[eulers E] to edit)? just a thought.
That's a good idea for future versions.

shmibs wrote:
oh, and one other minor bug that i didnt want to expend an entire post upon before, but may as well post now: running this tron clone and exiting from the menu yields no errors, but exiting during gameplay causes a ram clear
I blame the program. The source is included though; want me to try to fix it? It could equally be my fault, of course. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I blame the program. The source is included though; want me to try to fix it? It could equally be my fault, of course. Smile

it works without an problems under mirage
i dont particularly care, but it's somewhat of a hit around my school, and not being able to play it would discourage some from using doors...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 40
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours