I'm not sure what that was about, hope you weren't able to reproduce it.

I quietly released Doors CS 7.0.1 today, which adds four bug fixes: (1) one-pixel hotspot misalignment in DCS Menu, (2) Canceling copy/rename caused archived programs to move to RAM, (3) small LineRead bug in CIII libs due to flag transposition, and (4) Incorrect functionality of DCSB Libs sum(7,8,...) PushGUIStack function for GUIRButtonImgs.

Details: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Version_History
Very nice job Kerm Very Happy I know you have been working forever to get this finished. congratz. this will be going on my calc as soon as i find the cable and install the TI software on my new computer Very Happy
Rhombus P. wrote:
Very nice job Kerm Very Happy I know you have been working forever to get this finished. congratz. this will be going on my calc as soon as i find the cable and install the TI software on my new computer Very Happy
Cheers, thanks for stopping by and for the good wishes! We haven't seen you here in a long time; how have you been? Any calculator or computer projects in the works? I hope you'll stick around and post about any projects you have going (and let me know your feedback on DCS7 once you get it on your calculator).
KermMartian wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:
Cheers, thanks for stopping by and for the good wishes! We haven't seen you here in a long time; how have you been? Any calculator or computer projects in the works? I hope you'll stick around and post about any projects you have going (and let me know your feedback on DCS7 once you get it on your calculator).

thanks. Razz Ive been pretty good, i just got a new computer so i should be able to be on more. i haven't done much on the calculator lately, but i have been developing websites for local companies. im also taking AP Computer Science this year (im in 11th grade), so im going to have a lot of computer projects on my hands. Very Happy
Rhombus P. wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

thanks. Razz Ive been pretty good, i just got a new computer so i should be able to be on more. i haven't done much on the calculator lately, but i have been developing websites for local companies. im also taking AP Computer Science this year (im in 11th grade), so im going to have a lot of computer projects on my hands. Very Happy
Awesome, good luck on all of them! I know a pretty diverse range of scripts, markup, and programming languages, and I know that a lot of the Cemetech members know a bunch themselves, so ask any questions that you need to, and we'll be happy to answer them. I look forward to reading about your projects! Do you have any plans to start up any calculator projects in the near future, or not really?
KermMartian wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

Awesome, good luck on all of them! I know a pretty diverse range of scripts, markup, and programming languages, and I know that a lot of the Cemetech members know a bunch themselves, so ask any questions that you need to, and we'll be happy to answer them. I look forward to reading about your projects! Do you have any plans to start up any calculator projects in the near future, or not really?

ill be sure to ask if i need to. Very Happy im not really sure about calculator projects. i do have this one game that ive started then stopped, then started again, then stopped, then completely restarted after i some how lost it, and now if kind stopped again. this has kinda been going on for around a year and a half years so i dont know if i will ever get it finished. i do want to learn ASM eventually though, so that might be my next calc project
That's a good idea; z80 ASM is a great thing to learn, not as hard as some people initially think it is before they try it, and very powerful. What's the game?
well the game was going to be a RPG called Man Of War, and over the months i really came up with with two stories for it.

for the first one, there is this soldier that gets knocked out by an explosion and is left behind enemy lines, and you had to play as this soldier and try to get back to your side.

the second idea was that it is some time in the future and there is this general controlling a clone of himself on the battlefield through a computer command center. at some point the clone is knocked offline. when they get the clone back online, they find that he has been captured. The army doesn't want to loose this multi-million dollar clone, or risk that the enemy find any secrets about them from it so while the general controls his army from another clone, the job of getting the clone back safely is left up to a you, a young recruit. and pretty much you would control this clone from a computer control station and try to get it out of enemy territory while taking on as little damage as possible.

now, the problem i had, and why i kept stoping productions is that, ive sorta got a story, but i havent been able to come up with what do do with the basic game play, or what the maps are going to look like, or any thing like that.
Huh, that actually sounds really cool and something I'd enjoy playing. If you have any interest in starting it up again now or at some point in the future, you should post a topic and see if anyone has suggestions about gameplay.
will do Very Happy
Rhombus P. wrote:
will do Very Happy
Most excellent. Very Happy Now, back to Doors CS 7.0 stuff, any comments?
Firstly, congrats on Doors CS7, Kerm. It's been an awesome app to have. Secondly, I found out something strange about the DCS 7.0.1 menu. Contrary to the last version, when the menu is closed by any available means, it takes about 2 seconds for the last line of the menu to dissapear when it shrinks to the bottom. Only after that point can I move the mouse again. I think this might have been caused by the "one-pixel hotspot" adjustment you talked about in a post. Does anyone else notice this?
That is correct, but it doesn't have to do with the one-pixel adjustment. You would have seen the same behavior in 7.0.0. Assuming by "last version" you mean Doors CS 6.2 or so, that lag is due to it shutting down the GUI, reopening the GUI and redrawing the desktop, and setting the desktop hotspots back up. The lag is slightly exacerbated if you have a lot of programs on your calculator and you're currently deep into the program list. Hope it's not too annoying.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy it; please continue to keep me posted on feedback and issues!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours