I should have a release of the partially complete software ready within a few days. A few features will definitely not be functional in this release, such as the RunProg Hook.

Anyone willing to alpha test, post so below.
ohh, sounds good, i'm in
qazz42 wrote:
ohh, sounds good, i'm in
I'll obviously be more than happy to test as well. Smile
I'm in for alpha-testing, too! Smile
I suppose the idea will also be to load some "malware" of some kind to make sure it can detect the suspicious code sequences even if you change, pad, or rename programs?
Oh, and before the alpha is released, I'd definitely recommend adding support for finding the code block:

Code:
999->dim(Lx)
SortA(Lx)

especially if put in like this:

Code:
Lbl x
999->dim(Lx)
SortA(Lx)
Goto x

While I'm not sure if the first actually does anything, it *will* not allow you to break the program. The second, if put in with the StartUp app, will keep you from using the calc until you clear the RAM via hardware (battery removal, etc.), which could make another person lose important data. Surprised
No, SortA( terminates eventually, even if it is really slow.
Would this be better?

Code:
999->L1
While 1
SortA(L1
SortD(L1
End
calcdude84se wrote:
No, SortA( terminates eventually, even if it is really slow.

Which I thought; that's why I added the second example and said I didn't know if the first actually did anything.

EDIT: Yes, _player, but it *would* need to be 999->dim(L1)
But yes, I think anything with:

Code:
999->dim(Lx)

*AND*

Code:
SortA(Lx)

*OR*

Code:
SortD(Lx)

should be detected, especially if put into a loop!

I have to admit, though; setting the dimensions of Lx before the loop *is* somewhat better (gets rid of the person's few milliseconds of time to cancel it lol).

EDIT: Kerm, please give us your thoughts on this matter. (I wanted to make it easy to see lol)
Lol, fail Razz I totally forgot dim( Razz

I'd assume
Code:
SortA(L1
SortD(L1

would let it go in a loop, and have to think more (move things around, take up time)
KermMartian wrote:
I suppose the idea will also be to load some "malware" of some kind to make sure it can detect the suspicious code sequences even if you change, pad, or rename programs?

Yes. Since we're searching by search strings, it will detect, no matter what the name is, so long as it picks up the elements of malcode.

Also, for this reason, we have to strip the virus definition entries to their bare skeleton. For instance, lets say that of the following:

01BCEF1011C9 (this is not anything. It's just an example)

only EF1011 is problematic,

the definitions should only have

EF1011

That will ensure that any program with that will be found, instead of ignored because the other parts are different.
Slight problem there Wink
C7 is the hex for "rst 00h", which resets the calculator.
However, using that would mean a program that does "ld a,$C7" would be flagged.
There are many asm opcodes that reset the calculator, not just C7.
Almost every BCALL can reset the calculator if not used properly.
the ldir command can really screw up the calculator.
Calcdude, that's why I'm not bothering to look for things that can cause a RAM clear; as I said in another thread, there are near-infinite ways to trigger a RAM clear. Instead, I'm going to just worry about things that can cause permanent damage.
We'll have a definitions list about as long as Kerm's CALCnet whitepaper if we include those.
ACagliano wrote:
We'll have a definitions list about as long as Kerm's CALCnet whitepaper if we include those.
I vote for it actually being as large as the Doors CS 7 SDK, eleven times as long as the measly CALCnet2.2 Whitepaper. Very Happy
Even better.
I'll test
I will test, but first what exactly do I need to test it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours