Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
By the by, TI_Coder, Weregoose had to run, but asked that I give you this link:

http://pastie.org/1171617
qazz42, to be completely honest, I will download your program right now and try it out. I couldn't wait for it to come out. Also, I think my progress on TI-CHAT is being hindered by my updating all of my other programs. Just when I think they're done, I end up changing something in them all. I just hope we can learn from each others' programs.

And thank you, Kerm.
TI_Coder wrote:
qazz42, to be completely honest, I will download your program right now and try it out. I couldn't wait for it to come out. Also, I think my progress on TI-CHAT is being hindered by my updating all of my other programs. Just when I think they're done, I end up changing something in them all. I just hope we can learn from each others' programs.

And thank you, Kerm.
My pleasure! And that's the idea, that's why we're all here instead of coding on our own in some dark room in front of glowing LCDs somewhere: to learn from each others' skills and improve each others' weaknesses.
Huzzah! Go team!
_player1537 wrote:
Huzzah! Go team!
Indeed. Oh, and that reminds me of another thought. Having recently worked on your own similar program, TI_Coder, you are a good candidate to critique Qazz's work and point out both its strengths and flaws in general and relative to your implementation, even though they serve slightly different purposes. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
I will definitely be doing that. From basic ideas to optimizations, I'm gonna scrutinize his prgm. But I could only do it if it's in BASIC... lol
TI_Coder wrote:
I will definitely be doing that. From basic ideas to optimizations, I'm gonna scrutinize his prgm. But I could only do it if it's in BASIC... 0x5
It's too bad you're being such a stickler about external libraries when everyone using your programs should already have Doors CS 7 calculator anyway. Razz
Link to my updated TI-BASIC programs

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/My_TI-BASIC_Programs_9.22.10.zip
Very nice; would you mind specifying what's new in there? Any new programs, or just improvements to the old one based on the discussions in this topic?
though I must say, it will be very hard to program TI=Chat because you only have one calc... (or I think you do, I dont remember)
Nice job using sub( on the polygon names.

((Z-2)12)-11 can probably become 12Z-35, though. Watch for little byte-savers like that, as they're everywhere.

"If not(fPart(X" instead of "If X=int(X" is another one (especially when "X" is a bigger expression).
Response to Kerm:

Every single program is updated. The only new ones (I think) are prgmSTARTEND (which replaces both prgmSTRTPRGM and prgmENDPRGM) and prgmMENU

Response to qazz42:

Yes, I do have more than one (virtually) I am using Wabbit Emu, which is amazing

Response to Weregoose: Of course, my friend. I'll be sure to do that. haha
oh yeah... I forgot wabbit has linking..

anywho, I hope to see moar updates on this Smile
qazz42 wrote:
oh yeah... I forgot wabbit has linking..

anywho, I hope to see moar updates on this Smile
Yup, you can even use it to test out CALCnet if you don't have enough calculators and link cables handy. Smile
Alright, everyone. I have a new program out called Ask. So far, I have seen it has a single download. This program is based on the website called AskPeter (or something like that). You might want to check out the website before running my version. Either way, it is entirely coded in BASIC; and (of course) uses no external libraries.

Remember: I try to code my programs so that they can be used by as many people as possible

Here is the link to the WinRAR Archive file, which also includes all new programs, prgmINPUTL and prgmMENU; both are subroutines used in prgmASK

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/Ask.zip

Please try it out and let me know what you think...
TI_Coder wrote:
Either way, it is entirely coded in BASIC; and (of course) uses no external libraries.

Remember: I try to code my programs so that they can be used by as many people as possible

I like the way you think.

I'm going to have to try this out, just after reading that.
I have now uploaded a WinRAR Archive file which contains all of my working programs and subroutines to date. I will post the link once Kerm passes it through...
TI_Coder wrote:
I have now uploaded a WinRAR Archive file which contains all of my working programs and subroutines to date. I will post the link once Kerm passes it through...
All done. Btw, it's not technically correct to call it a "WinRAR Archive file"; it's a "zip file," "zip archive," or "compressed folder." WinRAR is a program that can open and create several formats including .zip and .rar, as can other programs like 7zip. The actual file formats are not bound to the program (except perhaps things like .7z, but let's not confuse the issue).
To Kerm:
Oh, ok. I knew I had it wrong.

Otherwise:
Here is the link to my updated programs. Please download and try them.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/My_TI-BASIC_Programs_10.11.10.zip
TI_Coder wrote:
To Kerm:
Oh, ok. I knew I had it wrong.

Otherwise:
Here is the link to my updated programs. Please download and try them.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/My_TI-BASIC_Programs_10.11.10.zip
Can you give any further details of what this release adds, fixes, improves, and removes?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 6
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement