Well... All of the programs have been looked through to save bytes; though they have not been scrutinized. Not all of them contain Weregoose's suggestions (I never got around to some). prgmMENU and prgmINPUTL are entirely new. All other programs have had either dramatic memory savings done, or they have had features added. I can't label all of the changes (or even remember any) seeing as how there are quite a few programs in the file.

If it is that important to you guys, I will try to keep a log of improvements
TI_Coder wrote:
Well... All of the programs have been looked through to save bytes; though they have not been scrutinized. Not all of them contain Weregoose's suggestions (I never got around to some).
You should do so! He spent an entire evening/night one day working on those optimizations for you.
TI_Coder wrote:
prgmMENU and prgmINPUTL are entirely new. All other programs have had either dramatic memory savings done, or they have had features added. I can't label all of the changes (or even remember any) seeing as how there are quite a few programs in the file.

If it is that important to you guys, I will try to keep a log of improvements
I think that a ChangeLog would be an excellent idea. Depending on how extensive some of the programs inside get, if you ever decide to focus specifically on one or two, you might want to consider publishing those separately as well.
Alright, everyone. My latest update for all of my programs is in the archives.

Here is the link:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/My_TI-BASIC_Programs_10.16.10.zip

Please download, and try (And post comments and such) Feedback is very much welcome and requested.

Code:
If A<0
Text(9,0,"-",abs(A),"x²",Str1,abs(G),"x",Str2,abs(F
If A>1
Text(9,0,A,"x²",Str1,abs(G),"x",Str2,abs(F

I think the calculator would include/omit the negative sign if you let it.

Algorithmically, many of the behaviors that you've otherwise alloyed into the interface for the sake of visual grandeur are intrinsically simpler than the prolixity of your coding suggests. My predisposition is to attend to that for which a program would be primarily useful – the 26-byte FOIL program I suggested three pages back is sufficient for my purposes, and I can use it without having to call on other subroutines.
Weregoose wrote:

Code:
If A<0
Text(9,0,"-",abs(A),"x²",Str1,abs(G),"x",Str2,abs(F
If A>1
Text(9,0,A,"x²",Str1,abs(G),"x",Str2,abs(F

I think the calculator would include/omit the negative sign if you let it.
Agreed. The only difference is that his code will use the subtraction sign to indicate a negative number, while the TI-OS uses the negation sign instead.
There's the crux of the matter; so much of the programming is focused on what goes on in front of the curtain.
Weregoose wrote:
There's the crux of the matter; so much of the programming is focused on what goes on in front of the curtain.
Well sure, not everyone can be a backend math genius like you, Weregoose. Smile Some of us have to hide our backend failings with glittery frontends. Unfortunately for Doors CS I ended up having to write about 6KB of backend stuff for every 1KB of frontend stuff, but as a BASIC coder I'm sure I ended up with a reversed ratio. :S
To Kerm and Weregoose:
I am sure, by now, that you are both aware of my purposes as a coder; to make my programs as easy to use as possible for as many people as possible. And, Weregoose, I am going to continue integrating your code from a few pages ago. Though, not everything fits, seeing as you can't possibly understand every variable and its function. I sometimes look back at code and only see gibberish. But thank you very much, everyone who has helped me.
----------------------
To everyone else:
Thank you to all (about 30) who have downloaded my programs and their updates. So far, the only feedback I have gotten was from other coders, such as Kerm, Weregoose and qazz42. I would very much appreciate any reply posts or any e-mails concerning my programs. Feedback includes everything from suggestions, comments, questions, problems, etc.
TI_Coder wrote:
I sometimes look back at code and only see gibberish.

Weregoose does have a tendency to make insanely optimized code that looks like gibberish, haha.
Well, it's not just Weregoose's code. It's also my own. I look at a month-old program, and I'm lik "Wha-?..." Lol. But it's ok, because I can just press 2nd Quit and it all goes away
TI_Coder wrote:
Well, it's not just Weregoose's code. It's also my own. I look at a month-old program, and I'm lik "Wha-?..." 0x5. But it's ok, because I can just press 2nd Quit and it all goes away

I remember wishing for a reasonable way to comment code on larger projects, reasonable meaning that it didn't add size to my code...

In hindsight, I could have just written something with Celtic to strip out commented lines...
I have no idea what you're talking about. I had to try tricking myself into thinking I knew, but my brain was like "You idiot! You have no clue!" lol
rthprog wrote:
TI_Coder wrote:
Well, it's not just Weregoose's code. It's also my own. I look at a month-old program, and I'm lik "Wha-?..." 0x5. But it's ok, because I can just press 2nd Quit and it all goes away

I remember wishing for a reasonable way to comment code on larger projects, reasonable meaning that it didn't add size to my code...

In hindsight, I could have just written something with Celtic to strip out commented lines...
I was just thinking that it would be cool to give SourceCoder a way to remember comments but omit them from exported .8xp files. Hmmm, something to think about for the future.
Over my head...
Alright. Today, I have finished* re-writing prgmLINEINFO. Download link will be posted after approval
TI_Coder wrote:
Alright. Today, I have finished* re-writing prgmLINEINFO. Download link will be posted after approval
Approved. Why did you put an asterisk next to finished?
Reference to the bottom of my signature. "*My programs are NEVER finished"
Alright, everyone. Here is the link to my most recent, working version of prgmLINEINFO:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/prgmLINEINFO.zip
I have just uploaded an update. As soon as Kerm accepts it, I'll post the link...
I just noticed from looking at your profile:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1943

that you've been uploading each update as a separate file. In general, that does not rock. Please continue uploading updates to a single file rather than spamming five copies of the same thing (with updates).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours