This is going to be a short-lived topic, because the Doors CS 7.0 time frame has just been moved way up. Visiting ticalc.org today, I saw that Mirage OS 1.2 had a whopping 2,836 downloads over the past seven days. Needless to say, that's unacceptable, and Doors CS 7 must step forward! Here's the plan. Doors CS 7.0 Release Candidate 2 has a bunch of tweaks and fixes from 7.0 RC 1. The issue with the CHAIN7 appvar getting occasionally left behind has been fixed, a small issue with 2.53MP and HomeRun was fixed, the Manual and SDK have been updated, the LCD tuning has been tweaked and tweaked beyond measure, and the APD hook has been modified to [ON][XTOn]. This download is an update of Doors CS 7.0 Release Candidate 1, so it already accrued some downloads. It will be similarly updated to 7.0 if RC2 checks out.

Your mission: test out the following .8xk on the morning of Tuesday, August 24, 2010. Please check it over, run some programs on your DCS desktop, scroll up and down, edit some properties, rename and copy some things, change some settings. Try HomeRun. Break some programs. Make sure DCS is stable.

My mission: Upload DCS 7.0 final to ticalc.org by Tuesday afternoon or evening. Email Travis and the gang. When ticalc.org approves 7.0, cross-post the 7.0 announcement here, Omnimaga, TiFreakWare, UnitedTI, BlueCrimson, TIBD, the works.

Download

Doors CS 7.0 Release Candidate 2

I found some bugs:

-You can't turn the calc off with [ON] during InfoPop and MemoryPop

-Maybe this is intended, but you can't see the hide status of a program

-When you set the Accelerate option such that the first number is not 9, and you uncheck the option, save the options, then go back to the options menu, the first number becomes 9. For example, originally I use 12@4 but after disabling it becomes 9@4.

-Also, * and / don't scroll wrap. Maybe this is intended?

-The About screen still says RC1. Smile
Very Happy yay! I get to test more stuff >Smile
program4 wrote:
I found some bugs:

-You can't turn the calc off with [ON] during InfoPop and MemoryPop
Not a bug, but I'll put in a little workaround.

program4 wrote:
-Maybe this is intended, but you can't see the hide status of a program
Also not a bug, but I'll add a little H in between the archived and locked icons.

program4 wrote:
-When you set the Accelerate option such that the first number is not 9, and you uncheck the option, save the options, then go back to the options menu, the first number becomes 9. For example, originally I use 12@4 but after disabling it becomes 9@4.
Not a bug

program4 wrote:
-Also, * and / don't scroll wrap. Maybe this is intended?
Intentional.

I'm very happy to say that all the issues you found are either intentional or small missing features. Thanks program4! Very Happy

@qazz: You bet. Wink

Quote:
-The About screen still says RC1. Smile
Yeah, I was just too lazy to fix that. Wink
Well, I definitely found a glitch. Although I can't screen shot it since it's on my real calc.

I put DCS on my calculator, and I was busy in the process of moving all the non executable programs to a separate folder, when I saw a file name MARIOPIu. So I back out to the homescreen and sure enough, there is a program named MARIOPIu. It started happening when I was using stat and xton to move around. I did it four times in a row with ram clears in between.

Sadly though, I accidentally didn't use tab, and the environment for making it happen is gone. So I'll keep trying.
thepenguin77 wrote:
Well, I definitely found a glitch. Although I can't screen shot it since it's on my real calc.

I put DCS on my calculator, and I was busy in the process of moving all the non executable programs to a separate folder, when I saw a file name MARIOPIu. So I back out to the homescreen and sure enough, there is a program named MARIOPIu. It started happening when I was using stat and xton to move around. I did it four times in a row with ram clears in between.

Sadly though, I accidentally didn't use tab, and the environment for making it happen is gone. So I'll keep trying.
Much obliged, what an odd-sounding bug. Did you have a program named MARIOPI or MARIO on your calculator? 'u' is $75 or 133d; I dunno if that's significant to the bug.

Also, I just added a little "H" that appears as a notification that a program is hidden.
It was MARIOPIC and it got converted to MARIOPIu.
thepenguin77 wrote:
It was MARIOPIC and it got converted to MARIOPIu.
Ohhh, wait, I bet it was the $02 u, so you were moving things into the first folder, right? You're saying you used tabfuncs to get to a program, right-clicked, cut, then tabfunc'd to the folder, entered, pasted?
Exactly right.

I am also kind of sad. I had always thought that you could use a real mouse with DCS Sad It didn't work.
thepenguin77 wrote:
Exactly right.

I am also kind of sad. I had always thought that you could use a real mouse with DCS Sad It didn't work.
Actually, check out this topic:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4700

And to clarify a bit more:
1) [stat][stat][stat] to the program
2) Right-click with ALPHA
3) [stat][stat][stat] to Cut
4) [2nd]
5) [stat][2nd] to enter the first folder
6) [stat][alpha] to launch the right-click menu
7) [stat][stat] to Paste

Is that exactly right?
No,
1. 6x[stat] to prog
2. right click with alpha
3. mouse to cut (I didn't know you could stat)
4. [2nd]
5. [stat][2nd]
6. [alpha]
7. mouse to paste
8. [2nd]
thepenguin77 wrote:
No,
1. 6x[stat] to prog
2. right click with alpha
3. mouse to cut (I didn't know you could stat)
4. [2<sup>nd</sup>]
5. [stat][2<sup>nd</sup>]
6. [alpha]
7. mouse to paste
8. [2<sup>nd</sup>]
I'm so far completely incapable of replicating this. Sad Have you succeeded in doing so?
No, it was just one of those weird things. The paste function may have been creating a second page in the new folder if that would mess it up.
thepenguin77 wrote:
No, it was just one of those weird things. The paste function may have been creating a second page in the new folder if that would mess it up.
It was the program directly before the program that you were moving that was getting messed up, right? Basically, since the folder change affects the second byte of the VAT entry of the specified program, the pointer was getting moved two bytes backwards. I'll see if I can add some kind of safeguard so that it'll just not move the program, since we can't seem to trace this down.

Edit:
:: SDK updated here and on ticalc.org
:: A screenshot of the new Hide indicator:
I'm not sure if it was the one before or after, but it was right next to it. Good to see that it's an easy fix though.
thepenguin77 wrote:
I'm not sure if it was the one before or after, but it was right next to it. Good to see that it's an easy fix though.
Well, it's not really a fix since I don't know what changed (PasteWord) in the first place, but easy to provide protection against. The worst-case scenario now (hopefully) is that someone will try to move a program and it'll just not move, rather than overwriting a random byte of memory.

Edit: Verified that the fix seems to let normal moving of locked and unlocked, archived and unarchived programs continue unimpeded.

Edit #2: APD switched to [ON][STAT]. Tested and verified on my TI-84+.
the splash screen says RC 1 Razz

errm, my prog named remote8x was renamed remote8u

cut and paste dont seem to be working on remote8u

I can execute remote8u though
qazz42 wrote:
the splash screen says RC 1 Razz

errm, my prog named remote8x was renamed remote8u

cut and paste dont seem to be working on remote8u

I can execute remote8u though
Ooooh, you replicated that bug! All right, I need to track this one down then. Can you give me some details about what you did for that to get renamed?
1. made a new folder

2. cut it

3. went to the folder

4. attempted to paste it ubt nothing pasted

5. went back to main desktop to find that it was now renamed remote8u
qazz42 wrote:
1. made a new folder

2. cut it

3. went to the folder

4. attempted to paste it ubt nothing pasted

5. went back to main desktop to find that it was now renamed remote8u
OK, thanks for that. Is it replicable? If you delete and resend remote8x, then try the cut/paste again, does the same thing happen? You were trying to cut/paste Remote8x, right?

I know have three independent reports of this bug, from Braden, Qazz, and ThePenguin, so I'm stalling Doors CS 7.0 until I can find and fix it. Hopefully I can find it in the next few hours so I can still release Doors CS 7.0 tonight.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours