I can't guarantee that there's ever going to be anything higher than Doors CS 7.0 plus bug fixes or patches, but if you have some great ideas for feature requests, let me know right here.
How about letting the program generate icons? Like an SE, or something, where if a special type of icon was encountered, it would run a very small amount of code in the program that would return an icon, so programs could generate different icons on the fly without having to be run.
That's actually not a bad idea at all! The only possible downside would be that it would require a new type of DCS header, and it could get expensive if the icon had to be regenerated every time that program was displayed. Nevertheless, it's very doable.
You could have a requirement of only 100 bytes or something when the icon is generated, so load the generation code into RAM somewhere, but only load a certain amount of bytes to force it to a small, and hopefully fast routine.
I would say I should go into the CALCnet 3 revival thread Smile

also, "I can't guarantee that there's ever going to be anything higher than Doors CS 7.0 " does this mean that this is the end? I was hoping it would continue a bit longer Sad
qazz42 wrote:
I would say I should go into the CALCnet 3 revival thread Smile

also, "I can't guarantee that there's ever going to be anything higher than Doors CS 7.0 " does this mean that this is the end? I was hoping it would continue a bit longer Sad
It means I'm not guaranteeing that this is not the end. Doors CS 7.0 is a massive, massive 32,342 lines of z80 ASM code, and since I'm starting my PhD, I certainly can't guarantee that I'll have the free time to give something like a full refresh as DCS 8.0 justice. Not to mention that I have a total of 1KB free in a 3-page, 48K app! Where would I put new features? I think a four-page app might be a dealbreaker for some people.
1KB free out of 48K? Dang, Kerm! We're really getting our money's worth, aren't we? O_o

Also, I requested it at one point and would like to request it again: new default icons. The current default icons are kinda lame Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
1KB free out of 48K? Dang, Kerm! We're really getting our money's worth, aren't we? O_o

Also, I requested it at one point and would like to request it again: new default icons. The current default icons are kinda lame Razz
I would absolutely welcome any alternatives that you would like to make and post in this topic!

Also, more specifically:

Code:
Page 0 is 16035 bytes long (349 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 15929 bytes long (455 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 16034 bytes long (350 bytes to spare)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours