Would you mind emailing me this program to test? I'd love to see if I can verify your bug. Is it possible that a previous ASM program you had been using made your calculator unstable?
KermMartian wrote:
Would you mind emailing me this program to test? I'd love to see if I can verify your bug. Is it possible that a previous ASM program you had been using made your calculator unstable?

I sent an e-mail with the programs attached to it about three hours ago. Let me know if you didn't get the e-mail or the programs won't run. Then again, Yahoo Mail isn't the fastest e-mailing service in existence either. Rolling Eyes
Indeed, so you did. Luckily, I got a similar note about this issue from Qazz42, and traced it to an obscure TI-OS bug. Now I have two bugs to tell the TI-OS team at Texas Instruments about. I hope you'll enjoy Doors CS 7.0, mathmogul1!
;D glad to see I am not the only one who saw this
qazz42 wrote:
;D glad to see I am not the only one who saw this
It turned out to actually be a TI-OS bug, not a Doors CS bug, so I had to put in a workaround. The bug has actually existed since at least TI-OS 1.19; I replicated it in 1.19, 2.41, and 2.53MP. Basically, there's something called (MenuCurrent) that stores the identity of the current menu that you're in, if any. There's also cxCurApp, which stores the general context (program editor, app, homescreen, graphscreen, etc). Unfortunately, if cxCurApp = kPrgmEditor, the TI-OS doesn't necessarily assume you're in the program editor. It will only seem to do so if (MenuCurrent)=0. If instead (MenuCurrent) = BASICMenu (which is what happens when you on-break from a Menu( command), the TI-OS thinks you're still at a menu, tries to scroll through the menu when you press the arrows, fails miserable, and crashes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours