Doors CS 6.9 beta is the final beta of Doors CS 7.0, containing many feature additions, optimizations, and bug fixes. It incorporates several bug fixes based on reports from the loyal beta testers. Doors CS 6.9 beta adds incremental improvements to text input functions, and introduces a Help item in the DCS Menu. It improves a small bug with the BASIC "Instant Goto" feature, and contains a near-complete rewrite of how programs are counted to optimize for speed and correctness. A full listing of fixes and improvements:

:: Improved character width calculation fallback for "unknown" characters.
:: Fixed FileSaveAs/FileOpen bug from FileOSExclude addition.
:: After extensive searching and re-writing and debugging, reconfigured how programs are counted, and fixed several corner cases that broke proper type detection. Proper hiding of programs for future versions of DCS also implemented.
:: Residual problem with SE caching and InfoPops resolved.
:: Repaired Goto bug that occasionally went one line too far.
:: Found and fixed bug where pressing 1-6 to enter a sub-sub-folder would cause the properties menu to appear.
:: Found and fixed bug that would occasionally cause DCS to miscount programs in a folder, thanks to dcsSquish.
:: Completed Doors CS 7 Manual.

As noted in the last item above, Doors CS 6.9 beta is the first (and last) beta to contain the full Manual for Doors CS 7.0. Please download it today, give it a try, and let me know what issues you find! Please please also read the Manual for correctness, completeness, and clarity, and let me know what you think. If no issues are found, the next release will be Doors CS 7.0. If bugs are found, then a release candidate, Doors CS 7.0 RC 1, will be released before September 1 (ideally within less than a week). Doors CS 7.0 will not be released until many testers give the latest beta or RC a clean bill of health, so please test, test, test!

Download
Doors CS 6.9 Beta

Downloading now..

Does this release contain any feature additions, or has DCS7 already gone through its "feature freeze"?
souvik1997 wrote:
Downloading now..

Does this release contain any feature additions, or has DCS7 already gone through its "feature freeze"?
It passed the feature freeze after Doors cS 6.7, although some of the bug-fixes that I've introduced have sort of been new features. The closest thing that this version contains to new features is speed and size optimizations.
Awsome, plan to download now!

And I thinik we need more features like pass wordSE and calcnet

If we get our calcnet, then everything would be complete!
qazz42 wrote:

Pass? WordSE? And yes, I'll work on CALCnet after the DCS 7 release. What are Pass and WordSE?
he probably means a password SE Razz
calcdude84se wrote:
he probably means a password SE Razz
Ah, then what's wrong with [Doors CS 6.1+] Password Protection v2.0?

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/428/42827.html
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/shells/modules/pwdse83p.zip
I never heard of that before Razz
I'm gonna try the new beta soon, btw.
ok, iv'e looked it over and it seems to be running faster!(although it's still incredislow on my overly cluttered 84se. you think you could add an option to manually backup folders only? it's technically not adding a new feature... Rolling Eyes )

the only two things i still have problems with are displaying on the bottom line of the screen with xlib/celtic routines(the tilemap routine, specifically. sprites are just fine) and it freezes upon exit from brian coventry's bubble breaker, but im assuming that it's probably because he used custom interrupts(though im no expert in this area...)

other than that it looks fine(oh, and thanks for adding the help file. i had no idea about the tab function, 456, etc). i will be putting this through heavy use during the next week, however(chem class is the WORST), and i might find something else.

WONDERFUL WORK!
EDIT: ok, i happen to have one of the calcs with terribad lcd drivers, and the built in fix fails to do anything(alcdfix says im on driver setting 12). the cursor dis/reappears and nothing else happens, apart from the contrast seeming to get slightly lighter(and previous settings from alcd being cleared Razz)
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Pass? WordSE? And yes, I'll work on CALCnet after the DCS 7 release. What are Pass and WordSE?

:O YAY! calcnet!
shmibs wrote:
ok, iv'e looked it over and it seems to be running faster!(although it's still incredislow on my overly cluttered 84se. you think you could add an option to manually backup folders only? it's technically not adding a new feature... Rolling Eyes )
I did a ton of optimization for people who have a lot of programs, although I know it's still not super-speedy. Improving it anymore would unfortunately require extremely heavy modification. Sad The folder backup idea is actually not a bad one at all! I think I'll actually do that, replace the CALCnet checkbox for now. I'll just need to quick push out an RC after that for you and a few others to test to ensure that I don't break anything with the fix.

shmibs wrote:
the only two things i still have problems with are displaying on the bottom line of the screen with xlib/celtic routines(the tilemap routine, specifically. sprites are just fine) and it freezes upon exit from brian coventry's bubble breaker, but im assuming that it's probably because he used custom interrupts(though im no expert in this area...)
Yeah, I fixed last-line displaying for sprites. The tilemap is a hugely complex beast; I need to overhaul much of it, but that's for after DCS 7.

shmibs wrote:
other than that it looks fine(oh, and thanks for adding the help file. i had no idea about the tab function, 456, etc). i will be putting this through heavy use during the next week, however(chem class is the WORST), and i might find something else.
Glad that the manual I slaved over all day was helpful. Smile I look very forward to your reports of bugs or of non-crashiness.

shmibs wrote:
WONDERFUL WORK!
Cheers! Thanks for your testing, and thanks in advance for your further testing!

shmibs wrote:
EDIT: ok, i happen to have one of the calcs with terribad lcd drivers, and the built in fix fails to do anything(alcdfix says im on driver setting 12). the cursor dis/reappears and nothing else happens(although previous settings from alcd are cleared Razz)
And ALCDFix succeeded where DCS failed? I'm afraid I don't have any way to test that, since I don't have any calcs with bad drivers. Other beta testers with bad calcs said the Tune button worked for them. Sad
D:

It seems one of the DCS libraries gave me an error "gui error: need RAM" while I had plenty of RAM.

Yes, this was during my ti-mail testing. and it seems fine now
qazz42 wrote:
D:

It seems one of the DCS libraries gave me an error "gui error: need RAM" while I had plenty of RAM.

Free RAM? Calculator? Details D:
comicIDIOT wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
D:

Free RAM? Calculator? Details D:
Yeah, this. Also, what element(s) were you trying to add?
eh, all I did was change the x and y in a GUIRtextbutton from 0,0 to 0,70
qazz42 wrote:
eh, all I did was change the x and y in a GUIRtextbutton from 0,0 to 0,70
Err, you know that that makes it write into random RAM? That's generally a bad thing, since Y=70>(64-7). Sad
ohhh, ok then (I stoped trying anyways) Kerm, I need a button that goes to the very top of the window, you know, where the icon and title are...
qazz42 wrote:
ohhh, ok then (I stoped trying anyways) Kerm, I need a button that goes to the very top of the window, you know, where the icon and title are...
And you want the same, but wider? Try a GUIRLargeSprite with an X of whatever and a Y of -6 or so. Smile
awsome, thanks
qazz42 wrote:
awsome, thanks
Sure thing. That works well in assembly; I would assume it works equally well in BASIC.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours