shmibs wrote:
ok, lets see...

the igo bug is still existing(although it is now far more subtle). upon exit from igo everything seems fine now, but the cursor still appears during running of other programs. furthermore, if the options menu is opened and then exited it appears in doors again as well.
Indeed it does, but only if you click ok. This means two things:
(1) I need to reset CurAble on RealStart/AsmStart
(2) Somewhere there's still a function that's either bcall(_RunIndicOn/Off) or ei'ing incorrectly.

shmibs wrote:
starfox, bubble breaker, etc now exit normally(for me at least. im not sure what's going on for you...)
Yay!

shmibs wrote:
to further clarify the lcd retune thing:
it does seem to be doing something. after running retune the problems evident in desolate(grotty gray and random flashing here and there) are erased. however, upon running fred lionetti's donkykong i still get this:
(sorry, the lighting is terribad in here)

the manual backup option is making everything run so much faster. thankyou!(however, when first sent auto backup was disabled as the default. because of previous preferences stored?)

in the help file you called [trace] and [graph] by there usual names and then called Y= and Window [f1] and [f2] =D

im almost certain there was something else, but i was doing this late last night...

and i found a couple of odd things in DocDE7, but i dunno if you want them posted here
So the retune thing is not being aggressive enough. I'll need thepenguin to come in and give his opinions. Regarding DocDE7, you can either put the bugs here or in the Presenting Document DE 7 topic, your call.
ok then, Kerm
i noticed two things that were rather odd:
the first i have been unable to reproduce. after a bit of typing and such i pressed xt[theta]n, and, instead of the expected character(#, i believe) the text cursor jumped down and right so it was partially outside of the text box. pressing it again added lines, enter style, while the cursor remained in that position. upon moving back up the cursor began to draw over the other characters instead of between them. pressing 2nd to exit the text box and then re-entering it fixed this problem.

second, while using the insert special character function several times in a row everything in the textbox suddenly ceased to show up. moving the text cursor around in the text window also results in some odd motions. this seems to have permanently affected the file in question, so i shall post a screenshot when i have the time to upload the prog to my computron(if you want one, that is). i tried tokenizing the file, too, and it came out perfectly normally...
I have this weird screen problem too.

Before: (click on a pic to enlarge)

After using the menu option (while in the weird state), it immediately reverted to a normal screen... AND I can play Mario again! Smile

After: (click to enlarge)

Specs:
DCS7 6.9.0 (Used latest update though, not the original 6.9 beta release)
TI-84 Plus SE, OS 2.53 MP
Boot code 1.02

I can provide more, if needed.
@alberthrocks: So in other words the Retune option worked to fix things for you? Smile

shmibs wrote:
ok then, Kerm
i noticed two things that were rather odd:
the first i have been unable to reproduce. after a bit of typing and such i pressed xt[theta]n, and, instead of the expected character(#, i believe) the text cursor jumped down and right so it was partially outside of the text box. pressing it again added lines, enter style, while the cursor remained in that position. upon moving back up the cursor began to draw over the other characters instead of between them. pressing 2nd to exit the text box and then re-entering it fixed this problem.
That's odd and unexpected. :/ I'm happy to hear it didn't cause a crash. Let me know if you run across it again?

shmibs wrote:
second, while using the insert special character function several times in a row everything in the textbox suddenly ceased to show up. moving the text cursor around in the text window also results in some odd motions. this seems to have permanently affected the file in question, so i shall post a screenshot when i have the time to upload the prog to my computron(if you want one, that is). i tried tokenizing the file, too, and it came out perfectly normally...
I would love one. Smile Please send it when you get a chance.
OMG!
i have been missing for a while and when i come back... i find THIS!!!

WOOOHOOO!
adding to calc now
Awesome, make sure that you get 6.9.1 beta, not just 6.9b beta. Smile That has a bunch of fixes, so I'll know if I still have anything I need to fix besides the LCD glitching and the poweroff bounciness before Doors CS 7 RC 1.
KermMartian wrote:
Awesome, make sure that you get 6.9.1 beta, not just 6.9b beta. Smile That has a bunch of fixes, so I'll know if I still have anything I need to fix besides the LCD glitching and the poweroff bounciness before Doors CS 7 RC 1.

oh... ok...
i downloaded the first one lol...
kk downloading 6.9.1

EDIT:
hmm... on first look, it seems GREAT!
i love the help menu in start, and folder backup is a lot easier to use now, while everything else seems to be just as nice!

further testing is underway at the moment Razz
Silly TI with theire crappy LCD display, we already fixed it for them. they thought they might get away with it XD
qazz42 wrote:
Sillt TI with theire crappy LCD display, we already fixed it for them. they thought they might get away with it XD
Laughing I doubt it was their fault, actually; I'd be more likely to blame their suppliers manufacturing glitchy and B-grade LCDs. So thus far I'm getting mixed reports on the effectiveness of the Retune button, which worries me; I'd prefer it to be universally effective. :S
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Sillt TI with theire crappy LCD display, we already fixed it for them. they thought they might get away with it XD
0x5 I doubt it was their fault, actually; I'd be more likely to blame their suppliers manufacturing glitchy and B-grade LCDs. So thus far I'm getting mixed reports on the effectiveness of the Retune button, which worries me; I'd prefer it to be universally effective. :S

that's odd... cause i am not getting anything like that...
well... perhaps because i dont have any apps and games that are subjected to that...

i found a little graphics bug:
when you use the tab function on a black spot and click it, it will remain black while you continue to move the cursor around.

Oh... and something else about DE7:
when you type up a random document and go to save, then change your mind and close the save window, the page/document will be erased and refresh as a blank page when the save window goes away... this irritated me as i was trying to take notes, save, then decided to added something else before saving... but instead had it all erased... :/
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
0x5 I doubt it was their fault, actually; I'd be more likely to blame their suppliers manufacturing glitchy and B-grade LCDs. So thus far I'm getting mixed reports on the effectiveness of the Retune button, which worries me; I'd prefer it to be universally effective. :S

that's odd... cause i am not getting anything like that...
well... perhaps because i dont have any apps and games that are subjected to that...
It could also be that you're not using a calculator that's subject to the LCD glitch. Smile

WhiteValkery wrote:
i found a little graphics bug:
when you use the tab function on a black spot and click it, it will remain black while you continue to move the cursor around.
Replicated and added to the Doors CS 7 bug list. Smile

WhiteValkery wrote:
Oh... and something else about DE7:
when you type up a random document and go to save, then change your mind and close the save window, the page/document will be erased and refresh as a blank page when the save window goes away... this irritated me as i was trying to take notes, save, then decided to added something else before saving... but instead had it all erased... :/
Weird. I added that to the bug list as well; I'll see if I can replicate it. I thought I had heard about and fixed this issue.
Hey Kerm, wierd request:

if you do a sum(13 menu without the Label string, it should run the guimenu and then return into Ans the number of the option you chose.
yay!
thanks for looking in to them all!

you are awesome! Smile
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Hey Kerm, wierd request:

if you do a sum(13 menu without the Label string, it should run the guimenu and then return into Ans the number of the option you chose.
Man, you just insist on giving me feature requests no matter how many times I say that DCS is in strict bug-fixing mode now. :S I'll see how feasible your suggestion is.

WhiteValkery wrote:
yay!
thanks for looking in to them all!

you are awesome! Smile
Cheers, I appreciate you and everyone else who has been testing helping me to find these. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Hey Kerm, wierd request:

Man, you just insist on giving me feature requests no matter how many times I say that DCS is in strict bug-fixing mode now. :S I'll see how feasible your suggestion is.

It's either this feature or

Code:
Lbl 01:1>S:Goto 51
Lbl 02:2>S:Goto AA
Lbl 03:3>S:Goto AA
(etc)
Lbl 99:99>S:Goto AA
Lbl 00:100>S:Lbl AA

And a GUIRByteInt is not an option, because it needs the countdown names so people know what they're deleting. They don't know "If I choose 1 I'm deleting my Christmas countdown"
Xeno, I ended up doing this, mostly because it had been something I wanted to do myself and had forgotten about. DCSMenu now Goto's, or instead continues with the chosen menu item [0 to n-1] for n possibilities in Ans.

Next up, I'm going to try to solve WhiteValkery's TabFuncs and DocDE7 issues.
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno, I ended up doing this, mostly because it had been something I wanted to do myself and had forgotten about. DCSMenu now Goto's, or instead continues with the chosen menu item [0 to n-1] for n possibilities in Ans.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

So what was the bug I helped you find?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

So what was the bug I helped you find?
For whatever reason, I didn't think carefully about the window coordinate copying, so the GUIMenu would have been shown at (Y,0) instead of (X,Y).

Edit: So, I dealt with the TabFuncs failure. For whatever reason, I wasn't erasing the TabFuncs box when you clicked. I was able to replicate a bug I thought had disappeared, though: I renamed a BASIC program, then ran it, and immediately got a string of 503 errors. I'll see if I can replicate this and fix it.
Here's a convo from Omni that Kerm wanted me to cross-post. I'm all for the AsmProg idea! Please note that the convo is still going on. Smile
( http://ourl.ca/4258/110546 )

From program4
Quote:

I found a few bugs with DCS6.9:

1. It doesn't recognize any non-compiled ASM program (using the AsmPrgm token) as ASM, so the program creates a syntax error.
2. When you delete the nonarchived appvar, and you try to do a calculation, the warning screen appears (the one that says your calc crashed or reset).
3. I have no idea what gui7 and CHAIN7 are, but sometimes they appear in my appvar list.

I had a bug with DCS6.8.8 that puts all the folders in the root directory (instead of nested folders), but I can't reproduce it.

From calcdude84se
Quote:

1. This is more of a feature request, and I agree I would like it.
2. This is because DCS installs a parser hook, and if you delete the appvar, it thinks you reset the calc, and it feels obligated to fix this. Just don't delete it ;D (Though I agree this should be fixed)
3. gui7 is the GUI stack, and should not exist except when a program is running. If it's there, it's because a BASIC program that used the GUI didn't close the GUI stack or it was interrupted w/ON. Make sure to delete this appvar before running other programs and especially before running DCS. CHAIN7 has something to do with DCS's ability to run programs, and it really should not appear outside of when a program is running. Under what circumstances do you see it?

Also, it would help to post this on cemetech, since that's where Kerm is most often. (He doesn't normally frequent here except to make announcements.)

From program4
Quote:
For the gui7, I just delete the nonarchived appvar and the folder one, and I run DCS. I was just experimenting. Smile I don't know about the CHAIN7 one.
CHAIN7 should never appear. I've been trying to reproduce cases where CHAIN7 will appear; I wish program4 would come here and explain that one to me so I can have a way to finally reproduce it. I don't consider either of the other things he mentioned to be bugs. I certainly don't want to make automatic compilation a feature for DCS7, useful as it would be, but I'll consider it for future versions.

Regarding the repeated-503 error, I tracked this down to when the FLDSV7 appvar is getting recreated right before a program is run. The RelocatablePtr's don't properly update when they're in the VAT, only when they're in user RAM. Therefore, I am going to either need to RunNameCopy, pushop1, popop1, Chkfindsym, or come up with a more elegant alternative.

Edit: OK, solved the 503 error, I think. I'll need verification once you guys get DCS 7 RC1, I suppose. I ended up solving the issue with the less-elegant alternative proposed above.

Edit #2: I also replicated WhiteValkery's saving/cancel issue, and I'm looking into a fix now. This particular bug must be DocDE7-sidde rather than Doors CS-side.

Edit #3: Bug fixed! I'll have to update DocDE7 here and on ticalc.org.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours