a, a RAM crash.... I dont think that will work

EDIT: Eh, forget about the buttons, I think I have an idea >.>

<.<
qazz42 wrote:
a, a RAM crash.... I dont think that will work

EDIT: Eh, forget about the buttons, I think I have an idea >.>

<.<
Lemme see what you tried, do you remember what you typed in?
I set the x and y coordinates wrong...

I think...
qazz42 wrote:
I set the x and y coordinates wrong...
I think...
I tried the thing I mentioned and it worked great:

Code:
sum(9
sum(7,1,"F8F8F8F8F8","Testing...
sum(7,17,70,-6,3,5,"111222444888111
sum(12,45,32,3

oh, yeah, I really used the wrong arguments... I was using the sum(7,n) for a small sprite
/me facepalms

But, as I said, no need to give me more help/ code, I think I have my own way Very Happy

Anywho! I am wondering, where the hell is the right click menu? It is not there, all alpha does now is just execute a program D:
Nice Kerm, works great.

Also, no offense, has anybody ever told you you look a little like Rick Astley? lol

qazz42 wrote:

Anywho! I am wondering, where the hell is the right click menu? It is not there, all alpha does now is just execute a program D:

It's there when I tested it...
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Nice Kerm, works great.
Cheers, I hope you'll mention if you run across any bugs between now and September 1. Smile

xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Also, no offense, has anybody ever told you you look a little like Rick Astley? 0x5
Aye, they have indeed. Razz

xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

It's there when I tested it...
Yup, same here. You must be still running 6.8.10, the one I posted last night, because that had the bug you're mentioning.
*bump* From Braden:

Unfortunately, it seems there were more bugs to be found:

1. Disabling “Launch DCS at Startup” in Options window enables the 4 items below it
2. Calc powers off in the middle of me trying to do stuff, I turn it back on, DCS is still running. Maybe the auto power-off still thinks I’m idle?
3. Sometimes, after exiting DCS, Omnicalc’s Entries Menu and Memory Protection are broken. Running Omnicalc fixes them. I’ve been experiencing this for a while now, I’ve only now discovered that it could be DCS-related.
4. Pressing the X button in the title bar of Help page 1 proceeds to page 2 instead of closing the window, or is this intended?
5. After disabling Accelerate in Options window, pressing OK, saving the Appvar, and re-opening Options, the 1st number under the Accelerate setting resets to 9. Or is this intended as well?
6. Migration Issue: After deleting an old Beta and installing a new one, if Launch DCS at Startup was enabled with the old Beta, it must be re-enabled to work with the new Beta. I’ve been noticing this for a while as well, but I always thought it normal, not a bug. But now I think, is it? Could other Options settings be affected? Is it worth addressing, since non-beta users will only be using DCS 7.0 anyway? Or could it affect migration from 7.0 to future releases/alphas/betas/RCs?
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* From Braden:

Unfortunately, it seems there were more bugs to be found:

1. Disabling “Launch DCS at Startup” in Options window enables the 4 items below it
2. Calc powers off in the middle of me trying to do stuff, I turn it back on, DCS is still running. Maybe the auto power-off still thinks I’m idle?
3. Sometimes, after exiting DCS, Omnicalc’s Entries Menu and Memory Protection are broken. Running Omnicalc fixes them. I’ve been experiencing this for a while now, I’ve only now discovered that it could be DCS-related.
4. Pressing the X button in the title bar of Help page 1 proceeds to page 2 instead of closing the window, or is this intended?
5. After disabling Accelerate in Options window, pressing OK, saving the Appvar, and re-opening Options, the 1<sup>st</sup> number under the Accelerate setting resets to 9. Or is this intended as well?
6. Migration Issue: After deleting an old Beta and installing a new one, if Launch DCS at Startup was enabled with the old Beta, it must be re-enabled to work with the new Beta. I’ve been noticing this for a while as well, but I always thought it normal, not a bug. But now I think, is it? Could other Options settings be affected? Is it worth addressing, since non-beta users will only be using DCS 7.0 anyway? Or could it affect migration from 7.0 to future releases/alphas/betas/RCs?

1) I was unable to replicate this, but I'll keep trying
2) What were you doing when it powered off?
3) That's unfortunately a hook conflict between the ON-PRGM hook and Omnicalc's hook
4) That's intentional behavior. Smile
5) Also an intentional reset behavior
6) That's a legitimate problem that I'll have to track down; I didn't think that that was the case.

Thanks for all your help, I'll be posting the same in the topic and hopefully searching for these bugs (1 and 6) this evening after work.
For the last one
This is why I delete all my appvars when I get a new version of DCS Razz

EDIT: Ahaha, your right, I had 6.8.4

removed for being a retarded statement

And, one more thing, in the final release of 7.0, will there be a copy of The TI-83 version of DCS? Like how 6.2 had?
qazz42 wrote:

also, a typo

"6. Drag and Drop the file dcs7.8xk from the folder to the TIConnect Device Explorer." I think we are up to 6.9 ;D

Errr... the .8xk is the normal app extension for TI's files. It has nothing to do with it being 7.8.
oh, crap, /me faceaplms

Ill delete it..
hahahah, an ACTUAL typo...

qazz42 wrote:
oh, crap, /me faceaplms

Ill delete it..

hahah.

andKerm, I watched the teaser, and these are my reactions:
Confused "what the"..... Surprised "oooh"... Surprised "OOOOH!".. Smile "YES".... Very Happy "YESS!!"....... Very Happy Very Happy "OH YEAHH! Kerm WITH TWO CALCS!"....... Sad "goddamnit september 1st"....
ok, this seemed worthy of a second post:
earlier, when exiting a pure asm prog :igo
i was returned directly to the main gui, only the home screen cursor was continually flashing in the top left. when i subsequently ran penguins impossible game the lcd was inverted...(i recall this being mentioned as a hidden "feature" on some models, but didnt really look into it at the time)
oh, and 2nd caused the symbol to appear in the top left briefly while running other progs. i have successfully reproduced this

EDIT:here's a screenie

and impossible(the screen isnt flipped during execution on the emu, but you'll see what i mean when it exits)

this also happens when emulating my 83+

QUINTUPLE EDIT(or something like that...):also, i just realized you never said anything about bubble breaker asploding upon exit
woah.. Kerm should look at that! I think he will be back tomorrow..
Sigh, lots and lots to respond to here:

@qazz: Yes, it will contain Doors CS 4.8 or 4.9 for the TI-83 users.

@shmibs:

:: Bubble breaker asplodes on exit (got a ticalc.org link?)
:: :igo causes cursor flashing on DCS desktop
:: Doors CS does not reset possible inverted-LCD mode

@Svakk: Glad you enjoyed the trailer! Very Happy

@Silver Shadow: Thanks for jumping in on that for me. Smile

@Braden:
BradenH wrote:
I’ve also found another bug: if a program/doc is deleted, attempting to run a program from an empty space will result in the hourglass appearing and remaining, even after the desktop/folder contents display is back. In other words, they are both there at the same time, until moving to a different folder or page, opening and closing the DCS Menu, or exiting and re-entering DCS.

BradenH wrote:
Also, whether or not the attempt has been made to run from an empty space, the first attempt to run the program immediately before it, or any after it, will result in 3 Error 503’s stating seemingly random file names (or maybe there’s a pattern, but I can’t see it) and finally an Error 519... if the program you attempted to run is a Basic program. If it’s an ASM program, the result is an infinite string of Error 503’s, which can only be broken by pulling a battery. If it’s a Doc DE 7 document, only one Error 503 occurs, followed by, “No handler for this file. See dcs.cemetech.net”. The only way to avoid this is by moving to another folder, running a program not in one of those vulnerable spaces, or exiting and re-entering DCS.

BradenH wrote:
if Launch DCS at Startup was enabled with the old Beta, it must be re-enabled to work with the new Beta.

BradenH wrote:
Disabling “Launch DCS at Startup” in Options window enables the 4 items below it

Can anyone else replicate any of these issue?
no.. I cant, and wait, 6.2 has which version of DCS for the TI-83?
qazz42 wrote:
no.. I cant, and wait, 6.2 has which version of DCS for the TI-83?
Sorry, Doors CS 5.1 for the TI-83, not 4.8 or 4.9. Also, you can replicate any of the bugs in that you didn't try or can't try, or you tried and you were unable to replicate any of them?
I Cant seem to replicate any of them :/
That igo program never seemed to like me much as it was. It kept crashing all the time, and returning me to the homescreen (noshell) with random characters. I'll take a look later at some of them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours