calcdude84se wrote:
I've had similar happen before, but with larger numbers. You'd think the calculator's FP could handle it...
At any rate, you can just use round(X,0) or whatever variable or expression you need Smile
The FP can handle it, since they store numbers as exponent, mantissa in BCD format rather than IEEE floating point notation (which CANNOT store some integers precisely). Therefore, TI screwed up somewhere. Sad
The bug was actually helpful for me. By changing from a matrix to a list, I was able to save 100 bytes of memory Smile

The calendar is done now, and i just have to type the on-calc documentation and debug my program.
souvik1997 wrote:
The bug was actually helpful for me. By changing from a matrix to a list, I was able to save 100 bytes of memory Smile

The calendar is done now, and i just have to type the on-calc documentation and debug my program.
Well, that's good to hear. And hey, with your help we found yet another 2.53MP bug for TI to eventually fix (or not).
This is certainly not specific to 2.53MP and is technically not even an OS bug. It's an issue with displaying numbers on the homescreen.

The result of your fPart( expression is actually 0.99999999 and int() of that will give you 0, not 1. But your MODE settings (likely set to FLOAT) are preventing you from seeing that and are instead rounding it up to 1 when displaying it. int(0.999999 is actually 0, not 1.
BrandonW wrote:
This is certainly not specific to 2.53MP and is technically not even an OS bug. It's an issue with displaying numbers on the homescreen.

The result of your fPart( expression is actually 0.99999999 and int() of that will give you 0, not 1. But your MODE settings (likely set to FLOAT) are preventing you from seeing that and are instead rounding it up to 1 when displaying it. int(0.999999 is actually 0, not 1.
Ah, that makes sense, but it still seems pretty broken when the OS can store decimals in BCD. :/ Oh well, thanks for explaining it, BrandonW.
Update: On-calc documentation written!
I have not found any bugs yet in my program, so at this point it is ready to be submitted. I am still going to look for bugs though.
souvik1997 wrote:
Update: On-calc documentation written!
I have not found any bugs yet in my program, so at this point it is ready to be submitted. I am still going to look for bugs though.
Sounds good. Remember that you can continue to resubmit until the deadline, and I'll just grade your latest submission that is still before the deadline, so feel free to send something you think is good with the knowledge that you can override it with a later submission.
Update: fixed a couple bugs, going to submit soon ! Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
Update: fixed a couple bugs, going to submit soon ! Smile


Can't wait to get this, it looks so useful!
souvik1997 wrote:
Update: fixed a couple bugs, going to submit soon ! Smile
Congrats, I too look forward to playing with it! Too bad the SE thing didn't work out, but it still looks like a great tool.
I almost forgot one thing Surprised : Self editing of DoorsCS icons using Celtic 3

Does anyone see any uses for this? I _really_ want to add this, but I can't think of any reasons to do so Sad
You could make the icon of your program change to the current month and day! Very Happy That would be SO COOL.
Awesome, thanks!
The only problem is if the user doesnt execute the program every day. Then it would show the wrong time.
souvik1997 wrote:
Awesome, thanks!
The only problem is if the user doesnt execute the program every day. Then it would show the wrong time.
Aye, that would be the only shortcoming. Sad Too bad that running the RunProg system in a Shell Expansion breaks Doors CS; otherwise you could do it that way.
KermMartian wrote:
You could make the icon of your program change to the current month and day! Very Happy That would be SO COOL.


Implemented!
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
You could make the icon of your program change to the current month and day! Very Happy That would be SO COOL.


Implemented!
Oooooh, very cool, I can't wait to see what you did to pull that off, exactly.
It was actually very easy. I just displayed the date in the top left corner and converted it to hex. Then i used celtic3's binary and program writing commands to replace the icon in my program.
Very clever Very Happy Good job Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
It was actually very easy. I just displayed the date in the top left corner and converted it to hex. Then i used celtic3's binary and program writing commands to replace the icon in my program.
Ah, very nice, that's quite an elegant way to do it. Do you have any further plans for the program past what you'll be submitting to the contest, or do you consider it a finished project?
No, it is a completed project.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement