merthsoft wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:
Have you considered having Tokens save and read files as 8xps by default?
No. Ideally once they're in project form it won't be that much different, since you'll just hit one button and tokenize the whole project. Reading and saving as 8xps doesn't make any sense given that there's a preprocessor and comments--how would you utilize those?

Plus, if it ever happens, there will be more than one calc supported :p
So, the last screen shot was just a mock-up. Here it is actually loading up a project file that I typed-out by hand:

It opens the files when you double-click on them, and I finally made it smart enough to not keep opening a tab when you try to open an already-open file. Then I'll be working on transforming the picture-edit utility to be in a tab like the programs.

Kermy Wermy wrote:
I can do that, although I'll have to re-work each of the icons to fit in the smaller shape. Please poke me tomorrow evening about it if I haven't done it yet, as I have a big paper deadline at 7pm.
That's fine, take your time. If you can't get to it, that's fine too, I think they look great as-is.
merthsoft wrote:
Reading and saving as 8xps doesn't make any sense given that there's a preprocessor and comments--how would you utilize those?
Oh, that's true. I see what you mean then.
Seems you are missing a little bit of data on lines 2 and 3 there :p

Looks fantastic, though!
Yeah, I wasn't sure what was going on with that, but that's the appvar I had lying around...
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38997.html

You can get a fresh copy of it there, make sure nothing is amiss with Tokens.

Edit:

Might consider doing the same thing with PMT, PV and any other finance variable that is there. Meaning to add the | to them, so it doesn't get confused in case someone is wanting to optimize their code with multiplication. Just a thought.
tifreak8x wrote:
Oh yeah, Can we get the P/Y and C/Y to be |P/Y and |C/Y ? This would help in eliminating any potential confusing incase someone is trying to use those letters as separate variables for division instead of the finance vars Tokens forces them into. Smile

sort of this, but is there any way to prevent tokenizing? I want to use this program to start making my text dump, but I need it to temporarily stop turning "alpha" into "α", among other things. Rather, I want the tokens [a][l][p][h][a]
The best you can do is save it as a .txt as far as I know. I doubt it'd be too difficult for him to make it save as a .8xp and keep the format of everything, but that's for him to say.
I could definitely add a mode to do that, just tokenize each character separately. For now, if it's just a few of them you need to do it to, you can put a backslash. For example "\alpha" will make the tokens [a][l][p][h][a]. What it's actually doing is individually tokenizing the next character, so you could put it anywhere in the word: "al\pha" gives the same results. Now, this is another reason to save stuff as txt instead of 8xp. I thought I had that in the readme, but it looks like I don't. My bad!

You could also make a new XML file with just the tokens you want, so just letters and numbers (and whatever symbols you want), and load that one up for the file you want to do this with. Each item in a project will be able to define its own "override tokens file" so that you could even have most of your programs tokenize normally, and then have an Axe program using the Axe tokens file, and a text dump using the text-dump tokens file (though I think I'll just have an option to just go character-by-character as well).
merthsoft wrote:
I could definitely add a mode to do that, just tokenize each character separately. For now, if it's just a few of them you need to do it to, you can put a backslash. For example "\alpha" will make the tokens [a][l][p][h][a]. What it's actually doing is individually tokenizing the next character, so you could put it anywhere in the word: "al\pha" gives the same results. Now, this is another reason to save stuff as txt instead of 8xp. I thought I had that in the readme, but it looks like I don't. My bad!

You could also make a new XML file with just the tokens you want, so just letters and numbers (and whatever symbols you want), and load that one up for the file you want to do this with. Each item in a project will be able to define its own "override tokens file" so that you could even have most of your programs tokenize normally, and then have an Axe program using the Axe tokens file, and a text dump using the text-dump tokens file (though I think I'll just have an option to just go character-by-character as well).

that's amazing! this will be very helpful.

EDIT: Thank you merthsoft XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOkisskiss :3
This feature has probably been suggested already, but I'm going to suggest it again because it's really the only thing holding me back from using Tokens: code prettifying. I don't really mind how it's implemented; with a special font or with extended block characters, with catalog insertion or on-the-fly macro conversion... I just want my code to be oh so pretty.
I played a little with possible syntax highlighting:

It's a start, and I was mostly just playing.
Good news: Works in Mono.
Bad news: Performance isn't great (I can fix that). There was no noticeable degradation for me, but I also have a beefy computer.
Neat, syntax highlighting would be great. I'm often sad that SourceCoder doesn't have better static and/or dynamic syntax highlighting. Does Runer also mean things about special unicode symbols? Do you have any plans to do things like bold matching puncuation?
Hooray for Tokens progress \o/
This works in Mono so it sounds like you ended up using the (rather difficult to use, from what I've seen) advanced features of a rich text box?
It is, indeed, a RichTextBox, though it wasn't too hard to get it to work.
Guys, I have such better news! I was able to find an LGPL package that does syntax highlighting, line numbers, and finding that works under mono:

It possible also does code folding, but I had to get rid of some P/Invokes to make it work under mono that may've hurt that.

I had basically able to just throw this in there, and with about an hour of work use more-or-less the same infrastructure for highlighting as I was using.
That's looking rather awesome, merth! Very Happy

I'm happy to see the Bytes section moved to the center screen, since I have a tendency to collapse both left and right panes. I like being able to see all of my code in one shot.

Will the colorized syntax be disable-able? Or something you have to select that you want it to do? I'm not 100% sure I would really like it much, since having so many colored items will mess with my eyes after a while of looking at it.

Keep up the awesome progress Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
That's looking rather awesome, merth! Very Happy

I'm happy to see the Bytes section moved to the center screen, since I have a tendency to collapse both left and right panes. I like being able to see all of my code in one shot.
Thanks! I'm actually thinking of removing the right-hand pane since I can something a little better in the main-pane to tell tokens apart:

But I'm still experimenting.

tifreak8x wrote:
Will the colorized syntax be disable-able? Or something you have to select that you want it to do? I'm not 100% sure I would really like it much, since having so many colored items will mess with my eyes after a while of looking at it.
I can make it toggleable if there's desire. There obviously won't be that many colors, and it'll look more like regular code:

Once you get used to the colors, it makes coding a lot easier.

tifreak8x wrote:
Keep up the awesome progress Smile
Ok! Smile

Edit:
For the first thing I bring up, here's an example of what me, benryves, Weregoose, and Runner were able to figure out looked OK:
I like it! It's there but not distracting, which is awesome.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 28 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours