Weighing in at under just under 1KB and demonstrating the power of Doors CS, this refresh of the popular full-featured text editor allows you to create, view, save, and open text files within an attractive and intuitive GUI interface. With Doors CS's associated program feature, you can open files from Doors CS without having Document DE open. New in Document DE 7 is cleaner compatibility with Doors CS 7's "HomeRun" feature, which lets you simply run documents from the TI-OS homescreen to edit them. Also new is an Insert Symbols window that gives you access to a wide variety of untypeable characters for your documents and notes. Combined with Tokenizer DE v1.0 or SourceCoder 2.5, you can even write TI-BASIC programs with Document DE 7!

A converter to turn .txt documents into Document DE 7 files, or Document DE 7 documents back into .txt files, is available at http://www.cemetech.net/projects/docde6/. Please note that Document DE 7 must be run with Doors CS 6.8.6 beta or higher; the latest internal development version is Doors CS 6.8.8 beta, but Doors CS 6.9 beta is due for release on or before August 12th. Source now included for reference for ASM programmers who wish to see how to write short but powerful programs taking advantage of Doors CS 6/7's GUI and AP features.

Download
Document DE 7

Note: Until August 12th, the latest Doors CS beta can be found here.
:O

Looks awsome KermM, now that tokenizer doesn't use the undocumented command.
qazz42 wrote:

What do you mean by "undocumented" command?
Svakk wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

What do you mean by "undocumented" command?
Special z80 opcodes that work on a real calculator, but make TI's z80 emulator on the Nspire with TI-84+SE keypad crash.

Thanks qazz and Svakk. Smile
Oh! Alrightty then. and I spent about 3 hours trying to find some bugs on it last night and couldn't really find anything. Althoughh, there is no copyright symbol.... Razz
Svakk wrote:
Oh! Alrightty then. and I spent about 3 hours trying to find some bugs on it last night and couldn't really find anything. Althoughh, there is no copyright symbol.... Razz
There is unfortunately no copyright symbol in TI-ASCII. Smile Thanks very much for testing it out though, I really appreciate it, and I am overjoyed that you found it stable!
goddamnitt. Why don't we just find a way to change the programmed ASCII so that it can include....

o Copyright Symbol
o Roman Numerals
o Batman Symbol
o Turtles
o DCS Logo
o Summon Logo (in the works)
o and a "Create Your own ASCII Character" character.

Perhaps I should look into this..... Idea
Svakk wrote:
goddamnitt. Why don't we just find a way to change the programmed ASCII so that it can include....

o Copyright Symbol
o Roman Numerals
o Batman Symbol
o Turtles
o DCS Logo

You should definitely look into that! In the meantime, though, you should use Document DE. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Svakk wrote:

o Copyright Symbol
o Roman Numerals
o Batman Symbol
o Turtles
o DCS Logo

You should definitely look into that! In the meantime, though, you should use Document DE. Smile

Will do hahaa.
I of course have an eventual goal of a program that can detokenize TI-BASIC programs (trivial), let you edit them (trivial with DCS), and retokenize them (trivial with Tokenizer DE). Do you guys think this should be integrated into Document DE or made a separate application?
Well, yes, integrated into docDE would be nice, and alot more handy

Very Happy
Really, not a standalone program? Do other people agree with qazz on this?
Maybe a separate BASIC/Axe-editing edition. That way the program could be smaller if the user won't be coding with it.
Well, I am just saying it will be a bit more handy if the tokenizer was built in, for quicker parsing instead of

~make program on docDE

~close docDE

~open tokenizer

~tokenize

It would be quicker to do

~make program on DocDE

~tokenize
qazz42 wrote:
Well, I am just saying it will be a bit more handy if the tokenizer was built in, for quicker parsing instead of

~make program on docDE
~close docDE
~open tokenizer
~tokenize

It would be quicker to do

~make program on DocDE

~tokenize
Ah, indeed. Well, I was considering a program just like Document DE, but with Tokenizer built in. Nevertheless, Document DE would still be a standalone program. How does that strike you?
I found a bug and duplicated it!

Pressing <X,T,_theta_,n> screws up the cursor position. Or is it a DCS7 bug?
That's with the GUI system in general. That key is probably mapped to a weird token. Pressing clear to backspace and moving the cursor a bit works around it, though.
Kerm, could you document all the keys in all modes? There are some unclaimed spaces in numeric mode (undocumented, that is) Cool
souvik1997 wrote:
I found a bug and duplicated it!

Pressing <X,T,_theta_,n> screws up the cursor position. Or is it a DCS7 bug?
I can't replicate this. Are you sure that you're using Doors CS 6.9 beta? If not, please switch to 6.9 beta and test again.

Calcdude, I'll add documentation of all the keys to the Doors CS 7 manual. Will you please keep reminding me about this?
I am using DCS 6.9 beta, TI 84 Plus SE with BrandonW's modded OS 2.53MP and with no extra ram pages.
souvik1997 wrote:
I am using DCS 6.9 beta, TI 84 Plus SE with BrandonW's modded OS 2.53MP and with no extra ram pages.
Ah, I succeeded in replicating this bug. The only mode in which it fails is A (uppercase alpha) mode; in a (lowercase alpha) and 1 (numbers/symbols) nothing bad happens.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours