Document DE 7 is a new version of Document DE tailored to the functions available in Doors CS 7. This release can be used with Doors CS 6.8.7 beta (included) or higher, and contains many size and speed optimizations, stability fixes, and a built-in symbol insertion tool! It works with the DocDE<>.txt converter at http://www.cemetech.net/projects/docde6. Please test this out, tell me any bugs or comments, and enjoy.

Download
Document DE 7 Beta 1

Looks nice. All it's missing is - WORDwrap (as opposed to LETTERwrap)
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Looks nice. All it's missing is - WORDwrap (as opposed to LETTERwrap)
Thanks; were you able to find any bugs? Wordwrap is not really feasible in the near future unless I decide to throw a new type of element or two on top of the GUI stack. Smile It's always a possibility, I suppose.
I got it to crash Very Happy Created a random document, then decided to quit, and it brought the file save as menu, I clicked the << button, (I had a lot of File type things saved), it showed two icons (dcslibs, and grocery) but it also showed a scrollbar, I scrolled down (blank page) and tried to scroll up, crash. The mouse doesn't show up.
_player1537 wrote:
I got it to crash Very Happy Created a random document, then decided to quit, and it brought the file save as menu, I clicked the << button, (I had a lot of File type things saved), it showed two icons (dcslibs, and grocery) but it also showed a scrollbar, I scrolled down (blank page) and tried to scroll up, crash. The mouse doesn't show up.
Were both of those things folders? This is great, I had had this bug on my to-do list, but then I removed it because I couldn't replicate it. Could you give me any more details that might help me trace this?
Try using DCS/DocDe7 with these files on the calc, and follow those steps. That might replicate it. The random file I made had a bunch of random characters in it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhbxhha9zyhwrkc
_player1537 wrote:
Try using DCS/DocDe7 with these files on the calc, and follow those steps. That might replicate it. The random file I made had a bunch of random characters in it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhbxhha9zyhwrkc
OK, I'll do that. DCSBLibs and Grocery were two legitimate folders that you had on your calculator though, correct?
legitimate docde files, yes. dcsblibs was made with the converter, grocery was typed oncalc. The others are MT3 songs.
_player1537 wrote:
legitimate docde files, yes. dcsblibs was made with the converter, grocery was typed oncalc. The others are MT3 songs.
Oh, they were files. Were there any folders among the six, though? And do you think you had exactly six items oncalc, or more than six, in which case the scrollbar was correct?
I'm sorry. I don't think I understand. I figured what was wrong was that it was reading all filetypes as DocDE filetypes, but only displaying the TRULY docde files. I have 0 folders on my calculator. And also, remember that the second page is completly blank. I just replicated the bug btw, created a file that says AAA, clicked X, scroll down, scroll up. It seemed like I could press on to get the mouse to go away (It shows up at first.) I have more programs on my calculator btw, if that makes a difference. The scrollbar is in the save as dialog.
_player1537 wrote:
I'm sorry. I don't think I understand. I figured what was wrong was that it was reading all filetypes as DocDE filetypes, but only displaying the TRULY docde files.
I tend to think that that's not the problem, since I think this bug showed up before I added that feature, but I'm not positive.
_player1537 wrote:
I have 0 folders on my calculator. And also, remember that the second page is completly blank. I just replicated the bug btw, created a file that says AAA, clicked X, scroll down, scroll up. It seemed like I could press on to get the mouse to go away (It shows up at first.) I have more programs on my calculator btw, if that makes a difference. The scrollbar is in the save as dialog.
OK, sounds good; I'm sending the files in the zip that you shared to my calculator right now to test them out.
I am happy to mention that I tracked down and fixed _player's bug, thanks to his help; as I expected, it was an issue entirely contained within Doors CS's APGUIs subsystem rather than anything in Document DE 7 itself. Has anyone else given this a try, and come up with comments or suggestions or bugs?
KermMartian wrote:
I am happy to mention that I tracked down and fixed _player's bug, thanks to his help; as I expected, it was an issue entirely contained within Doors CS's APGUIs subsystem rather than anything in Document DE 7 itself. Has anyone else given this a try, and come up with comments or suggestions or bugs?

Care to share what was causing it? I'm a bit curious, since it sounded like an odd bug.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Care to share what was causing it? I'm a bit curious, since it sounded like an odd bug.
So on the recent request of Xeno_Cre8or, I added a new argument to FileOpen and FileSaveAs, where a=0 means that only files that can be opened with the currently-loaded program (as judged by its header) should be shown, while a!=0 means all AP files should be shown in FileOpen and FileSaveAs windows. Unfortunately, when I updated the routine that chooses programs to display and displays them, I failed to update the routine that counts the number of displayable files. This only showed up, though, if you had both DocDE and mTunes3 files, for example, and a certain number so that the mTunes files created a second blank page when you used FileOpen from DocDE7 (or vice versa, from mTunes). To fix it, I just did some quick rearrangement so both the count and display routines call the same type-checker.
Hmm, why don't you try to work on the other office tools, like PresentationDE and DrawDE?
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, why don't you try to work on the other office tools, like PresentationDE and DrawDE?
I don't feel that Presentation DE is really terribly useful outside its current BASIC form. As far as Draw DE goes, Elfprince was at one point working on a program called iPaint that was made in ASM with the DCS GUI and was actually quite good; we'll have to poke him and see if he has any interest in picking up dev again on it.
ooh, yeah! That thing! I'd like to get back on the ASM train at some point. My plan was to support editing monochrome and grayscale images, with i/o between RIGview and native TI pictures, plus a "set as background" feature for DCS.
elfprince13 wrote:
ooh, yeah! That thing! I'd like to get back on the ASM train at some point. My plan was to support editing monochrome and grayscale images, with i/o between RIGview and native TI pictures, plus a "set as background" feature for DCS.
That would be greatly appreciated; I think it would be a very nifty program. Too bad I don't think there's enough time to finish it before the contest at this point. Sad
So now that you guys have done some testing, do you think Document DE 7 is good to go? Any final suggestions or bugs I need to look at before I pack it up and release it?
Nope, it seems everything is in order!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours