I did try swapping the two data lines, it did not make a difference. I have it connected as RX to the tip, TX to the ring, and the shield is ground correct? I did a continuity test on each 3 cable to make sure I didn't bridge anything with solder, no problems there. Maybe the audio connector is not sliding all the way in after all and the data lines are contacting with the ground connections in the I/O jack on the calc? I only have amateur electrical engineering skills so bear with me here. Also it only lags when I include the ACK request.
Can I use my Ti-USB Silver Link as the cable for CALCnet?
No, you cannot: CALCnet uses its own custom PHY, while the SilverLink supports only TI's half-duplex protocol, and doesn't provide direct wire state access.
The only experience I have had with electronic devices is programming games on it, and working on a 200-in-1 Toy Breadboard. I understand schematics. But I do not know what a "PHY" is, or any of the terminology of the last post. I also assume that to obtain the materials necessary requires money. But, if someone could give me a visual step-by-step process, I maybe could accomplish this task. Also, is there a wireless adapter device, and is it possible to create one? I want to connect to Gossamer, not just between calculators. Thank you to those who give me help in advance.
I meant that the timings used by TI's protocol are completely different from the timings used by CALCnet. TI's protocol doesn't have fixed timings to begin with, unlike CALCnet or the usual serial protocols.
Not only the SilverLink understands only TI's protocol on the "outer world" side, but its microcontroller does not implement any command (that we know of) on the USB vendor-specific device side, to provide an indication of the real state of the wires (high, i.e. 3.3V or 5V, or low, i.e. 0V) or a way to force the real state of the wires. Therefore, we simply don't have the tools (AFAWCT) for working around the fact that TI (understandably) implements only its own protocol in its own devices.

Maybe I should have written "MAC" instead of "PHY", in fact. I don't know precisely where is the boundary between layers 1 and 2 of the OSI model. Maybe layer 1 is purely for defining that the protocol works between 3.3V/5V and 0V, irrespective of any timings, and MAC fully encapsulates timings.

Quote:
Also, is there a wireless adapter device

There's no official wireless adapter device.

Quote:
and is it possible to create one?

Yes, lots of dirt cheap ready-made microcontroller+RF chip assemblies support some form of serial communication.

Can I use this type of cable with CalcNET? I'm getting a ti-84 + SE soon, and of course it has a mini-usb port. I looked in the calcNET manual and it said a mini-usb cable, and I have access to one.
Yup, there's a DirectLink version of CALCnet in the latest versions of DoorsCS 7.2. See http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5949 .
Nice!

Now I can easily send values from my calculator to my arduino and then reuse it to make some experiments (switch on light, turn servo ...).

Unfortunately, I can't say to my calculator (TI-82+ working as as simple TI-82) to wait during an action during more than 2 seconds (time out?).

What's look my program working on calc:
Send({1, 1500}) //turn right servo during 1.5s
Send({2, 1000}) //turn left servo during 1s
Send({1, 1500}) //turn right servo during 1.5s

What's broken:
Send({1, 2500}) //turn right servo during 2.5s
Send({2, 3000}) //turn left servo during 3s
Send({1, 3000}) //turn right servo during 3s

I've tried to insert GET() after each SEND() to avoid time out with no success.

Any idea?

Thank you?
*bump* Elfyps, did you manage to do what you wanted? A simple busy loop or the rand(n) command (with n=1 to 999) would serve to create a delay in the program, if that's what you're asking for.
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I've used this solution when I was using only my TI to make a diaporama.

But here, I don't want to introduction extra calculus in my program for multiples reasons:
- I want the cleanest program for my students
- I don't want to calculate time to wait between each instructions.

The solution will probably be in programmation of my arduino. I still search for a way to maintain my calc waiting until I send it a message "Ok I'm ready to receive next instruction'.
I'm working on cleaning this library up into a real library with better error handling, saner timeouts, more documentation, better message encapsulation, actual checksum handling, demos, and eventually, some lesson plans. For now, you can find the (untested) translation here:

https://github.com/KermMartian/ArduinoTILP/
A friend lent me an old Norland robot and I am trying to control the robot with an arduino by sending commands from the Norland manual found at http://www.smallrobot.com/Instructions.pdf .

I would like to send "SEND({122,100})" to cause this robot to drive forward for 5 seconds.

I'm using the library that you posted to GitHub and attempting to adapt the key press sending example. So far I've been unable to get the robot to respond. My latest attempt can be found at: https://gist.github.com/acspike/0011efa65b576e8f00f3

Perhaps there are obvious mistakes or suggestions you can give me?
acspike wrote:
A friend lent me an old Norland robot and I am trying to control the robot with an arduino by sending commands from the Norland manual found at http://www.smallrobot.com/Instructions.pdf .

I would like to send "SEND({122,100})" to cause this robot to drive forward for 5 seconds.

I'm using the library that you posted to GitHub and attempting to adapt the key press sending example. So far I've been unable to get the robot to respond. My latest attempt can be found at: https://gist.github.com/acspike/0011efa65b576e8f00f3

Perhaps there are obvious mistakes or suggestions you can give me?
I will definitely do my best to help, and I'll be posting my thoughts in the topic you started about this. If anyone else is looking to control the Norland robot with an Arduino or compatible, that's the topic you should head to.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours