Crossposted from ToB:

This included 11 new sounds (Client sided(Except for the Guitar sounds) for you to enjoy in-game. Please note that this is a beta and the sounds might not be how they should be etc.

Credit to Wiggy with the Guitar thing.

New Sounds:

arrowHit.wav

bowFire.wav

death.wav

guitar1.wav
guitar2.wav

mcptele.wav (Sound that plays when you use a teleporter switch)

Pain.wav (When you recieve damage)

SnowBallHit.wav

spearFire.wav

swordDraw.wav (Sound that plays when you pick up a sharp weapon, like a Knife or the Katana)

weaponSwitch.wav (Sound that plays when you pick up a weapon)

Download: http://theorangeblock.org/images/fbfiles/files/LucasLabs_SoundPatch.zip

Instructions: Grab the files and put them in core/data/sound.
Very nice, I'll try this with Freebuild later! To anticipate the question that elfprince13 and Cyberprime might ask later, if they like the sounds enough, would you mind them incorporated into Freebuild?
All LucasLabs products (Unless over wise stated) are under the Creative Commons license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/au/

So yes, you may.
Lucas W wrote:
All LucasLabs products (Unless over wise stated) are under the Creative Commons license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/au/

So yes, you may.
*otherwise. Smile Good to know, I'll pass the information along.
Very cool, I'll test them out this weekend. What did you use for making the sounds?
I...uhhh.....I used Google *wink wink*

And then I had to increase the volume in Audacity because otherwise they play too quietly in TGE.
Lucas W wrote:

And then I had to increase the volume in Audacity because otherwise they play too quietly in TGE.
Don't you think the original authors might mind? Razz Also interesting about the volume issue in TGE, I don't think I've run into that before.
KermMartian wrote:
Lucas W wrote:

Don't you think the original authors might mind? Razz Also interesting about the volume issue in TGE, I don't think I've run into that before.

SHHHHH, but some sounds were public domain.
Some? Meaning not all of them?
No, some were under other licenses.
Rolling Eyes
Jimmg wrote:
Rolling Eyes
Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Jimmg wrote:
Rolling Eyes
Razz

Very Happy
Any thoughts?
_player1537 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Jimmg wrote:
Rolling Eyes
Razz

Very Happy
Laughing!

Lucas, I'll check 'em out. You also may want to work on accrediting the original authors and posting up the licenses for each of the licensed sound files you posted up. Smile
oh, ok

I got the sounds off some sound "database" websites.
I see. Great sounds, they seem to fit perfectly! Smile

Again, just be sure to credit the original artists. You don't want them coming around to find out you're distributing their work under your name and a different license. That's stealing, silly. Razz

The last thing you'd want is for Freebuild or tOB to incorporate them into their work and get in trouble for it.
swivelgames wrote:
I see. Great sounds, they seem to fit perfectly! Smile

Again, just be sure to credit the original artists. You don't want them coming around to find out you're distributing their work under your name and a different license. That's stealing, silly. Razz

The last thing you'd want is for Freebuild or tOB to incorporate them into their work and get in trouble for it.
Agreed, especially after that furor a while ago when several of the TBM gang stopped by and requested their content removed.
ok, well delete it now, some sounds were for personal use only. No sound mod for anyone now. seeya!

Also, technically all the other sounds in TBG were made by the original TBM developers, and there still are alot of stuff made by them that is still in TBG.
Lucas W wrote:
ok, well delete it now, some sounds were for personal use only. No sound mod for anyone now. seeya!

Also, technically all the other sounds in TBG were made by the original TBM developers, and there still are alot of stuff made by them that is still in TBG.

Lucas, I appreciate the work you did, but we really do need original or CC licensed works to use in TBG. Legally speaking you don't have the right to relicense other people's works as CC without their permission.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours