Thank you! It only took me 11 tries to make one that published properly. >.<;
KeithJohansen wrote:
Thank you! It only took me 11 tries to make one that published properly. >.<;
Ouch, that's a pain in the neck; why did it take so many attempts? I like the use of the old-film effect to represent sleep and ominousness.
The first handful of times, either the .gifs didn't look right or the é in 'Yumé' was missing (the title was text rather than an image).

After changing the title to an image, the .gif problems disappeared randomly and coincidentally but rendering it in 720p or 1080p HD (for the heck of it) resulted in, for some reason, missing frames and general FUBAR. It might just have been my laptop hating HD but I didn't want to upload something I couldn't watch myself. Rendered it in DVD Quality 3.0 mbps format and it actually looked right so I rolled with it.

Windows Movie Maker is awful >_<
KeithJohansen wrote:
The first handful of times, either the .gifs didn't look right or the é in 'Yumé' was missing (the title was text rather than an image).

After changing the title to an image, the .gif problems disappeared randomly and coincidentally but rendering it in 720p or 1080p HD (for the heck of it) resulted in, for some reason, missing frames and general FUBAR. It might just have been my laptop hating HD but I didn't want to upload something I couldn't watch myself. Rendered it in DVD Quality 3.0 mbps format and it actually looked right so I rolled with it.

Windows Movie Maker is awful >_<
I've actually had decent luck with it, but I can agree that it has quite the limited feature set. At any rate, glad you finally got it working.

Back on-topic, more comments on Yume or the trailer?
I'm pretty excited for this, it looks great.
merthsoft wrote:
I'm pretty excited for this, it looks great.
Same here, although in my professional role as a judge I am equally excited about all the contest entries. Razz
Game is complete aside from some strange graphical glitches that make absolutely no sense and seem to crop up randomly. (See http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106796#106796)

Sent it to Kerm a few moments ago!

Now to work on the next game! XD
Just Joking

maybe.... Razz
Entry received; thanks, Keith. I'll be testing this out now just for the sake of looking for possible DCS bugs, and I'll look forward to playing it during the DCS judging period. Based on what I've seen of it in this thread, I hope that you're seriously considering starting on Yumé in the near future. Smile
I can do the splitting. Mind posting in the Forum Reorganization thread with your subforum request so I'll notice it when and if I add the subsubforum module?
Version 1.1!

- Hopefully fixes the graphical glitch. Seemed to be true during my tests.
- Tweaked the ending text which was slightly mis-positioned
- Added an event that was missing.

Sent to Kerm a few minutes ago!
Cheers SubaruZX! I'm glad you finished it early so that you had an opportunity to correct bugs and tweak a few things. Smile
This has been long overdue `-`
http://rapidshare.com/files/446432374/Yume1wBonus.zip

Yumé, the survival adventure/pseudo-puzzle game is finally released!
Can you escape the dream world before the life is drained from you?

Comes with two bonus artworks for being patient with me Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
This has been long overdue `-`
http://rapidshare.com/files/446432374/Yume1wBonus.zip

rapidshare? Come on, use media fire Razz

anywho, I shall try this out sometime soon. it looks nice, I hope to get some time to play calc games soon `-`
KeithJohansen wrote:

It's been very long overdue, but I'm glad it has finally been released. Smile
Same post wrote:

Cool! I'm downloading this onto my calculator right now.
Qazz, it took hostility and arm-twisting just to get him to post that version; let's be happy with getting anything. Wink Subaru, many congrats on finally releasing this!
I'll have to try this soon, thanks for posting it Keith!
_player1537 wrote:
I'll have to try this soon, thanks for posting it Keith!

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it! I also hope you'll play Yumé 2: Rika's Story and Yumé: The Eternal Dreams when they come out Smile

KermMartian wrote:
Qazz, it took hostility and arm-twisting just to get him to post that version; let's be happy with getting anything. Wink Subaru, many congrats on finally releasing this!

Hey, what's wrong with posting a link to an Omnimaga post that has it as an attachment? Laughing Razz
Well, it was originally a Cemetech contest entry, and I always thought you were more of a Cemetechian (and an UnSSer) than anything else, and I/we spent so much time cheering you on while you were working on it, that it frankly was quite surprising that you would publish it on Omnimaga at last and not even consider posting it here until _player and I requested. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Well, it was originally a Cemetech contest entry, and I always thought you were more of a Cemetechian (and an UnSSer) than anything else, and I/we spent so much time cheering you on while you were working on it, that it frankly was quite surprising that you would publish it on Omnimaga at last and not even consider posting it here until _player and I requested. Sad

I was going to but I got lazy Razz Sue me
Besides, irony is the spice of life and I am an troll Evil or Very Mad

Just Joking, I'll try to be more conscientious about my postings Razz
[/smiley spam]
Huzzah, glad that you'll be more conscientious; bonus points for spelling that correctly. I will indeed sue you; expect litigation from my counsel soon. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours