Another update: all user variable tokens and statistics tokens are now supported.

Unfortunately, I've discovered a bug- if you have more than 15 tokens on a line, the program freezes after execution. (I assume this occurs with the currently posted version too). Tested only in TiEmu thus far, but I'd guess it happens on-calc as well.

I'm not sure why, or even what kind of problems could cause this, but I'll fix it before I release 0.2.
That sounds like a suspiciously power-of-two number to me. Good luck tracking down the bug. Smile
I fixed it!

The problem was pretty simple (although difficult to trace)- I wasn't allocating enough memory to the array containing the tokenized line. Or, rather, I allocated enough for the line itself... but not enough for the hard return token afterwards too.

So I was overwriting some memory on the calculator, hence a corrupt heap (what KerNO, once I put it on the emulator, was reporting).

This means there should be a v0.2 released pretty soon.
Most awesome, I love when debugging a confusion issue leads to a relatively easy fix, even if I'm frustrated that I had to find something that turned out to be trivial. Smile Cheers, looking forward to v0.2. Will you be publishing a beta to the Cemetech Archives here?
KermMartian wrote:
Most awesome, I love when debugging a confusion issue leads to a relatively easy fix, even if I'm frustrated that I had to find something that turned out to be trivial. Smile Cheers, looking forward to v0.2. Will you be publishing a beta to the Cemetech Archives here?

Yes, I will be. I'll have to upload it to TI-89 Programs though since there's no 89 Assembly folder. Razz Unless I should use the Beta Programs folder?

I'll upload the beta as soon as I make sure the current version works on my actual calculator and not just TiEmu.
Either way. If you'd prefer, I can make an 89 Assembly folder. Smile If you'd prefer to use the Beta folder, that's fine too. Good luck on the oncalc testing.
KermMartian wrote:
Either way. If you'd prefer, I can make an 89 Assembly folder. Smile If you'd prefer to use the Beta folder, that's fine too. Good luck on the oncalc testing.

Hmm, I think an assembly folder would be better- even though this is still a beta, it would be available for other 68k assembly/C programs in the future (assuming there are any...).
TC01 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Hmm, I think an assembly folder would be better- even though this is still a beta, it would be available for other 68k assembly/C programs in the future (assuming there are any...).
89 Assembly folder created; hope you get a chance to use it now or another time in the future. Smile

Edit:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/89/asm/Solar89_SDK.zip

TC01, I changed the name to have an underscore instead of a space; my webseerver and scripts like that a lot better. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Edit:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/89/asm/Solar89_SDK.zip

TC01, I changed the name to have an underscore instead of a space; my webseerver and scripts like that a lot better. Smile

That's fine- I should have thought of that before.

Anyway, in addition to the other stuff I've mentioned, here are the other changes in 0.2:

-I modified BinPac8x to make *.85p files (changed the file and variable type)

-I added some error handling code in make8xp; it prints a message explaining that the file path and/or name is incorrect and then waits for a keypress, rather than just printing the Python exception and exiting (especially important if running by double-clicking rather than the command-line).

-I fixed another bug where all tokens starting with a space ended up with an extra space at the front of the name
Very nice! Would you mind passing me along your .85p changes to BinPac8x so I can include them in the version I'll be releasing in a few days or two?
KermMartian wrote:
Very nice! Would you mind passing me along your .85p changes to BinPac8x so I can include them in the version I'll be releasing in a few days or two?

Sure; all I did was change the string in this block of code to "85p":

Code:
         elif calctype=="5":
            fnameout = fnamein[:fnamein.find(".")+1] + "85s"       #Changed to 85p

And then change the bytearray in the third line in this block of code to "18" instead of "12":

Code:
   elif calctype=="5":
      fho.write(mybytearray([headersize-2,0]))         #byte 55, length 02
      fho.write(mybytearray([bsize_lb,bsize_hb]))      #byte 57, length 02
      fho.write(mybytearray([12]))                  #byte 59, length 0             (changed to 18)
      fho.write(mybytearray([len(oncalcname)]))         #byte 60, length 01
      fho.write((mybytes(oncalcname, encoding='ascii'))) #byte 61, length varies
      fho.write(mybytearray([bsize_lb,bsize_hb]))      #byte 62-69, length 02

But I thought TI-85 assembly programs were saved in *.85s files? Would you add an additional option to make an *.85p file?
That's exactly what I would do. Smile I'm a bit vague on the difference between 85s and 85p files; I'd appreciate some feedback from any of the seasoned TI-85 users. Razz
After some time (during which I've been busy, primarily with getting back to school...), another update. Window, finance, and graph format tokens have now been added. I just need to add the miscellaneous and the TI-84+ tokens (again, as defined by TI|BD, and then I'll release 0.3, which I plan on posting on ticalc.org as well.

Unfortunately, with such a large token file, the program will continue to get slower, which is why my goal for the version after that is to perform some optimizations. Slowness will be a result of three things:

-Parsing the token file (dependent on size of token file)
-My reverse-substring process to parse the input file (not dependent on token file size)
-Searching for a token in the collection of token infos (dependent on token file size).

I know I can make the first somewhat faster. The other two probably can be made faster, but I lack the knowledge to do it.

I've also decided I would like to eventually have the option to detokenize, to convert an *.8xp file into an *.89z file that can then be detokenized on the calculator. That gave me the idea for another project... with the assistance of X-Link and a z80 assembly program on the other end, it would become possible to use a 68k calculator to transfer z80 programs around! I don't think anything like this already exists- X-Link is the closest to it that I know of.
Now I cant wait to get that TI-89T
Hey, I love the idea of using an 89 as an intermediary for transferring z80 programs around! Way to think outside the box. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Hey, I love the idea of using an 89 as an intermediary for transferring z80 programs around! Way to think outside the box. Smile

Then would you be okay if I used BinPac8x as a template (In that I would go through and just change how and what things are written to the file) for a Python script to package the programs? I thought maybe I could add an option to build an .89y file, but the formats are so different it isn't worth the trouble.
TC01 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Then would you be okay if I used BinPac8x as a template (In that I would go through and just change how and what things are written to the file) for a Python script to package the programs? I thought maybe I could add an option to build an .89y file, but the formats are so different it isn't worth the trouble.
Package the programs as .89y? Sure, as long as I get a little credit somewhere, but I trust you. Smile I'm glad that my code is helpful to you.
I've uploaded 0.21 to Cemetech and ticalc.org. This does not add the miscellaneous or the TI-84+ only tokens yet... I really didn't feel like doing that. And I realized that it made no sense to keep bloating the size of the token file before I did some optimizations, otherwise things would get really slow. I just wanted to release a version on ticalc.org, and decided to include what I had so far.

Won't be able to download until it goes through, of course, so here's a link to a copy on Omnimaga: [link removed, see below]
Here's the version in the archives:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/89/asm/Solar89.zip
KermMartian wrote:

Thanks Kerm!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours