KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
Quote:
Now I am locked out of Ticalc.org, even unable to sign in!

funny, I was locked out of ticalc by the same exact message, but I never bothered to go back. I never felt like it had the same sense of community as cemetech or omnimaga.
Rthprog, ah, sorry to hear it. Sad It definitely doesn't have a sense of community at all, even though it has a much larger userbase, but it's still a valuable place to get exposure for your projects. I'd therefore recommend releasing your programs there, even if you don't use any of their discussion features.

Meh, I haven't coded much calculator stuff in the past few months anyhoot.

Quote:
Yeah, it doesn't, but that's where all the non-programmers go to download programs, and where I was getting my best download statistics. Cemetech is awesome, but just doesn't have as many followers as ticalc, which I don't see why, because cemetech is more user-friendly.

True, but that also means that most people are only interested in games Sad
rthprog wrote:

True, but that also means that most people are only interested in games Sad

Story of my life... Oh well.
@rthprog: Ah, sorry to hear it. Sad You should do so!

@EpicFail: Awww. Sad And yeah, it's unfortunate that the main focus is games.
KermMartian wrote:
@rthprog: Ah, sorry to hear it. Sad You should do so!

Time is my enemy, unfortunately :/
Not saying I don't enjoy playing/making games... It's just that the top downloaded programs seem to be games and shells.
Just look!
But I especially enjoy the stuff you can do with a calculator hardware wise.[/u]
True, a lot of ticalc.org users go there only for games, shells and at some periods of the year math programs. I would be surprised if ASM in 28 Days and Axe Parser ever had 500 downloads in one week, one day.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
True, a lot of ticalc.org users go there only for games, shells and at some periods of the year math programs. I would be surprised if ASM in 28 Days and Axe Parser ever had 500 downloads in one week, one day.
Indeed, and I find an interesting relationship between games named after their original versions and games with a variation on the name of the game they're emulating. For example, there are a mass of truly horrible "Grand Theft Auto" and "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero" games on ticalc.org, along with some most excellent games that are harder to find because of their name.
Hi!

I was on vacation last week and recreated in areas where internet service or cell connections simply didn't exist.

From what I can tell, the only e-mail you sent to us was on the 28th of July regarding a possible news feature. Other than that, I don't see any correspondence with this particular issue.

However, I just sent an reply to your e-mail. Please let me know if you got it by replying to that e-mail as well as posting that you responded here. I suspect bellsouth is the main cause of this issue, especially if you checked your junk folder. At this point, I may just need to manually set your e-mail address to another service provider so you can verify your account.

Finally, who did you contact? All messages should go through contact@.
allynfolksjr wrote:
...I just sent an reply to your e-mail. Please let me know if you got it by replying to that e-mail as well as posting that you responded here. I suspect bellsouth is the main cause of this issue, especially if you checked your junk folder. At this point, I may just need to manually set your e-mail address to another service provider so you can verify your account.

Finally, who did you contact? All messages should go through contact@.

Replied, and I think I sent it to filearchive@ticalc.org before, thank you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours