I just tested FreeBuild, and I was like what the f***?! First of all, the default mouse. How can you even see that little red dot? Then sigma fighter. Who the f*** put it to shoot balls? That's ridicilous! And then you don't let to choose the crosshair and the default one is just f***ing stupid! Then I hear some odd sounds when I move in the menus. And then the color menu. Oh my God. Where is the camouflage colors? And where is Editor Can? Come on guys, you can do much better.
Goodness, calm down.
I haven't used it that much to be able to help you, but I'm sure someone else can Smile
OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS SO HORRIBLE WTF GUYS START EARNING THE MONEY ... that ... we.......

oh.
right.
Also what's taking so long with the LDraw render script? I could start making you guys build saves if you get it done.
SpaceNinja wrote:
Also what's taking so long with the LDraw render script? I could start making you guys build saves if you get it done.
On a serious note, I've been wondering that too; I think elfprince is busy off the 'netz for most of his time and thus hasn't had a chance to write code. We should bug him.
@Kerm Yes, bug we must.

@SpaceNinja The Editor Can was deleted, but the Editing Stick acts the same... so you can still shoot the select ray.
I have to agree that the mouse is kinda annoying. Please refrain from using curses in your complaint, I recommend an Orbit pack, it really cleans up a dirty mouth .
The red dot you're seeing is the result of a prefs.cs error. Delete your prefs.cs files and start up the game again. That should fix it.

What do you have against the new crosshair? And we took that out because it's simply more code for so little work. If you want to have that ability then make an addon.

The color menu is going to get replaced with a full color picker once we get ldraw in place. You will have the entire range of colors soon enough. And if you want special patterns and whatnot (took up so much space and really wasn't necessary enough to include) then you can make an addon for it.

We did away with the editor can bceause it was just so painfully unneccesary. The editor staff could do everything it did and more, so we combined them.

I think we are doing pretty well for being two guys doing this in our free time. By coming in here and yelling at us like we're doing a sh*tty job you're not helping anything. If you have some criticism for us then fine, just be mature about it.

Also, I can't stress this enough. This is not TBM. Or TOB. This is it's own game. It's going to have new stuff, and it's not going to have some stuff that TBM might have had. We've cleaned up a huge amount of the messy code that was in TBM already. Freebuild is it's own game.
Well-said, CyberPrime. Smile I agree entirely. I am raring to play with LDraw stuff and get the train system underway, though, so I hope you guys have the chance to work on that soon.
KermMartian wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:
On a serious note, I've been wondering that too; I think elfprince is busy off the 'netz for most of his time and thus hasn't had a chance to write code. We should bug him.

I've been building a walk-in refrigerator/freezer that should be able to run for at least the next 100 years without any electricity (assuming VT doesn't end up feeling like Florida)
Holy sh#t that sounds amazing!
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:

I've been building a walk-in refrigerator/freezer that should be able to run for at least the next 100 years without any electricity (assuming VT doesn't end up feeling like Florida)
And there we go, he's trying to save the planet, which I'd assume is just as important as a LEGO-like sandbox video game. Very Happy
I'll be headed home for a couple weeks before school starts, probably mid august.
elfprince13 wrote:
I'll be headed home for a couple weeks before school starts, probably mid august.
Very nice! It shall be epic. Smile
Topic split, see here for details.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours