I will be using the:
ASM portion
 6%  [ 1 ]
BASIC portion
 40%  [ 6 ]
entire SDK
 46%  [ 7 ]
nothing; I don't code calcs/DCS programs.
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

My next self-imposed Doors CS deadline of August 14th requires me to finish up the SDK for Doors CS 7.0 besides incorporating fixes for any other bug reports I receive and possibly adding sum(14) and sum(15). I started first with upgrading the BASIC Header Creator tool within the SDK, and now I'm working on the slightly more complex ASM Header Creator. I will then compile a PDF of many of the pages in the SDK online. Finally, I will test out the Brass+BinPac8x toolchain I use in my personal SDK to see if that's appropriate for general use.

I'll be posting up my progress on the SDK in this topic; please enjoy and consider adding any ideas or feature requests for the SDK.

Epic Kerm, be expecting some DCS basic programming from me Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Epic Kerm, be expecting some DCS basic programming from me Smile
Thanks qazz, I mostly certainly will. Smile
This will be very helpful because SPASM has been giving me some trouble as of late that it shouldn't...so hopefully I can use your setup Smile
Eeems wrote:
This will be very helpful because SPASM has been giving me some trouble as of late that it shouldn't...so hopefully I can use your setup Smile
Hopefully you can indeed. Ideally, it's as easy as opening a command prompt, navigating to the SDK/ASM folder, and typing "compile prgmname". You can of course simple create a batch file in SDK/ASM containing the same string and run that instead.
I'm all about batch files making things easier Razz
Would this work with Linux as well? or is brass windows only?
Brass can be made to work on linux with Mono. You'll have to edit the batch files to work on linux, but it can be done.
That will be helpful, because now I can stay on my main OS and not have to keep switching back and forth.
calcdude84se wrote:
Brass can be made to work on linux with Mono. You'll have to edit the batch files to work on linux, but it can be done.
Most excellent, you'll have to tell me about this so I can include the information in the SDK. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
calcdude84se wrote:
Most excellent, you'll have to tell me about this so I can include the information in the SDK. Smile

apt-get install mono&& mono Brass.exe

Wow that was really hard. Razz
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
calcdude84se wrote:

apt-get install mono&& mono Brass.exe

Wow that was really hard. Razz

You might also have to get gtk#, I know that I had to get mono-devel and gtk# to get some .Net programs to work right.
Well, since brass is command-line only, You probably won't need gtk Razz
calcdude84se wrote:
Well, since brass is command-line only, You probably won't need gtk Razz

Oh right, nvm Smile
I might as well just make a shell script called compilenix.sh then that uses *nix-style slashes and runs brass via mono, agreed?
sounds like a good idea Smile
Eeems wrote:
Great, then I will do so. I can't say I've ever honestly considered trying to do z80 development under Linux before.
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Great, then I will do so. I can't say I've ever honestly considered trying to do z80 development under Linux before.
Then you sir need to be smacked. Razz
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Then you sir need to be smacked. Razz
OK, let me be specific. I've considered it before, and even made BinPac8x in Python with cross-platformness in mind, but the lack of a good *nix emulator has made me not really consider what would be involved in a complete z80 development toolchain under *nix.
Ok, Kerm, I will be waiting, brass and tasm are being pricks so I guess your SDK it my last chance, it better be x64 compatible Razz
qazz42 wrote:
Ok, Kerm, I will be waiting, brass and tasm are being pricks so I guess your SDK it my last chance, it better be x64 compatible Razz
It is of course x64 compatible, given that almost all my non-server machines (and many of my servers as well) are x64. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours