It happens sporadicly. usually on the second try, it works fine
qazz42 wrote:
It happens sporadicly. usually on the second try, it works fine
You mean when you try to run it? Do you have any Shell Expansions on your calculator? Does it happen with any program? I'd like more details on this, it could be important.
Eh, pretty much any programs, no SE's though
qazz42 wrote:
Eh, pretty much any programs, no SE's though
Gah, then that's something I definitely need to fix before 6.9. These problems, I'm sure, all stem from the changes I made for the program-counting fix. Would it be possible for you to send me a backup of your calculator including programs and apps?
uhhh, sure, though I have emu8x, and transfer of that app is illeagal

not that I care
qazz42 wrote:

not that I care

NO, actually, the program is fine (emulators are always fine), but the ROMs are illegal to transfer... just to point it out... and I'm curious, how DO you back up from emu8x?

EDIT: I personally use TiLEm, so I really know nothing about Emu8x
qazz42 wrote:

not that I care
Then omit Emu8x, easy enough? Smile
Haha, Just Joking I wont send it because it takes a while to send...
qazz42 wrote:
Haha, Just Joking I wont send it because it takes a while to send...
Still waiting on this if you don't mind. Smile
*bump* Does this sound like your bug, Qazz? I thought you were talking about something completely different, but reading more carefully, I think you might be describing something similar if not the same:

Branden wrote:
I've tried the new build, still experiencing the bug. Could it just be a bug with my calc? Although I've tried resetting the RAM, and that still hasn't solved it, which is pretty weird. I haven't wanted to reset all the memory including the Archive, since that hasn't helped solve bugs in the past. Could the exact names of the programs and folders have anything to do with it? Although I've been using the exact same ones since before DCS 6.8.0 Beta, and this has never happened before. I've also noticed that in the affected folders and desktop, the bottom-right corner icon space (#3 on the keypad) will contain ZPRLOGO, and in one folder, which has the first page half full (the first page of the other folder and the desktop are 5/6 full), #2 will contain PictView (which is on the desktop), and #1 will also contain ZPRLOGO. In all of these cases, there is no icon there, those spaces are supposed to be empty, and this is only detectible by hovering the mouse, or pressing the respective key. Incidentally, after running the invisible PictView in this manner and exiting it, I received an Error 513: File Not Found when trying to hover or run again. The first time, again with the invisible PictView, I received this error twice, once after pressing Clear, and another Clear gave me a Basic Exec Error. After that, pressing Clear after Error 513 would result in a blank error screen, with only the x-in-a-bubble remaining. Another Clear would go back to the folder. Exiting and re-entering the folder then got rid of all the errors. All of this is definitely as confusing as it reads.
Yes
qazz42 wrote:
Yes
That's exactly what you mean? It sounds to me like this is some odd recurrence of the miscounting bug, in that Doors CS is allowing InfoPops far beyong where it should. Do you get any way-too-long scrollbars, qazz? What is your folder structure like, or is everything in one folder?
I dont use folders and what do you mean by way-to-long scroll bars?
qazz42 wrote:
I dont use folders and what do you mean by way-to-long scroll bars?
OK regarding the folders. By way-too-long scrollbars, I mean scrollbars that make it look like you'll have to go down ten pages to reach the end, when you actually only have one or two pages of programs.
No, my scroll bars look fine when that happens, if I get somthing like that, ill let you know
qazz42 wrote:
No, my scroll bars look fine when that happens, if I get somthing like that, ill let you know
Thanks for that, qazz. I fear that this is going to be one of those bugs that is a giant pain in the neck to track down. Sad
Aww, poor Kerm, at least it is not a really terrible bug, and it doesnt happen too often (which can be a problem in replicating it)
qazz42 wrote:
Aww, poor Kerm, at least it is not a really terrible bug, and it doesnt happen too often (which can be a problem in replicating it)
Yeah, but two users reported it, and it sounds like a significant quality-of-experience issue that could potentially trigger instability; it behooves me to repair it.
*bump* Thanks to qazz42 and Branden sending me the contents of their calculators, I finally succeeded in replicating this bug (and can you say AMEN for Doors CS's FolderSave/FldSv feature that made Doors CS automatically recreate their folder structure from the FLDSV appvar? Smile). Branden's calculator, for example, is counting $F0 programs on the desktop (that's 15*16 = 250 for those of us bad at hex), when there are clearly only 13 plus 3 folders for a total of 16 desktop items. I'll be looking at this this evening and in the morning; I'll post if I make any progress.

Edit: So it's not that it's scrolling down and down through memory, something is making (ScratchVar) skip to values like $C1 and $F1. Icon decoding, perhaps?

Edit #2: Looks like dcsSquish is the problem (the command that turns 16 nibbles into 8 bytes).

Edit #3: Qazz and Branden (and anyone else), I would be very very much obliged if you would give this a try:
http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs6.8.10_beta.8xk

Fun fact: That beta breaks my personal numbering scheme.
Umm, Kerm, yeah, guess what!

I managed to replicate the bug and it menitoned foldersav as part of the problem (then it said missing library) another try fixed it.

Great job on finding the problem Kerm!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours