Shortly after the release of Doors CS 6.7.6, this release of Doors CS represents the penultimate beta version, containing implementations of very nearly every bug fix and feature request posed to me thus far in the two-and-a-half month resurrection of Doors CS development. Doors CS 7 is swiftly looming, and I expect this release to be very close to the final version, nearly Release Candidate quality despite not being tagged as such. It's extremely important that Doors CS 7 be stable, reliable, and as bug-free as humanly possible, so I urgently request that everyone try out this release and look for issues. Use the editor, use the DCSB Libs, run your favorite ASM and BASIC programs, and try to make things break.

Here's the most important features and bugfixes among all those new since Doors CS 6.7 Beta:
:: Plenty of optimizations for both speed and size, respectively making the shell feel faster and giving me more leeway for additional fixes and features. Tons of bug fixes based on reports from the loyal beta testers.
:: Fixes and additions to the DCSB Libs, including sum(13)
:: Expanded SE functionality within Doors CS desktop.
:: Repaired bugs in GUI text input functions, moved them to the edit buffer for faster typing, sped them up on 15MHz calculators, and added [CLEAR] as a backspace key to supplement [DEL] as a delete key.
:: Adding scroll wrapping to DCS desktop. Scroll up at the top to go to the bottom, scroll down at the bottom to go to the top.
:: Reduced DCS Menu to three items: Display, About, Options.
:: Added more understandable BASIC Exec errors.
:: Added folder and screen saving so after using the Properties menu, running a program, or quitting, you start where you left off.
:: Inclusion of an ALCDFix-like LCD delay tuner for those with TI-84+-series calculators, eliminating the need for that program.
:: Added features to FileOpen and FileSaveAs AP routines for ASM programmers

Again, please stress-test this release as much as possible, so I can ensure that Doors CS 7.0 will be rock-solid and reliable. Feel free to request the latest builds of Document DE 7.0 and mobileTunes 3.1 from me that take advantage of the newest DCS features. From here on out, Doors CS 6.9 Beta with a complete SDK is due by August 14th, Doors CS 7.0 RC 1 with complete SDK and manual is due a week later, and Doors CS 7.0 is still (knock wood, cross your fingers) on-track for a September 1, 2010 release.

Download
Doors CS 6.8 Beta

Cool, downloading now. Will report back about it Very Happy
Very nice work Kerm Smile
Thanks calcdude, elfprince13. I look forward to any bugs you come up with, and I look even more forward to you not finding any bugs. Very Happy Elfprince13, any thoughts on which of your three DCS-based projects you're going to pick up again, if any?
Kerm, I can test the nspire stuff you wanted me to now Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, I can test the nspire stuff you wanted me to now Very Happy
Great! Just grab the latest beta, then this file. Run Doors CS, turn it off and then on, then run that program (while still inside Doors CS) and tell me what happens.
Nope

1. I go into DCS

2. I click the prgm, the screen flashes

3. Turn off

4. (I think you know the drill)
qazz42 wrote:
Nope

1. I go into DCS

2. I click the prgm, the screen flashes

3. Turn off

4. (I think you know the drill)
Huh? Just to make sure, you ran Doors CS, pressed [ON] to turn it off, pressed [ON] and it turned back on, then you clicked the program, and the calculator turned off?
Ok, I opened DCS, I executed the program, I turned off by pressing the on buton, And now I wont turn on ;.;

Now I will try with 1.7
Two ideas for DCS:

1.) GUIRStringInt: sum(7,25,{X},{Y},{Width},{plotbox-delimited string} similar to the GUIRByteInt and GUIRWordInt, but instead of numbers it uses the string. So sum(7,25,{X},{Y},20,"Sun┼Mon┼Tues┼Wed┼Thurs┼Fri┼Sat" would be the days of the week.
2.) the scrollbar goes down, no matter where you click, unless it's on the up arrow. Why don't you make it so that you click above the location indicator, it goes up; below, down?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Two ideas for DCS:

1.) GUIRStringInt: sum(7,25,{X},{Y},{Width},{plotbox-delimited string} similar to the GUIRByteInt and GUIRWordInt, but instead of numbers it uses the string. So sum(7,25,{X},{Y},20,"Sun┼Mon┼Tues┼Wed┼Thurs┼Fri┼Sat" would be the days of the week.
A very nifty idea (called a combobox or a dropdown in HTML parlance), but one that I don't think I have the patience to implement before DCS 7.0 is released. Maybe afterwards.

Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
2.) the scrollbar goes down, no matter where you click, unless it's on the up arrow. Why don't you make it so that you click above the location indicator, it goes up; below, down?
Ah yes, I've been meaning to deal with that for a long time. It will take a whole bunch of extra math to calculate the hotspots, but I suppose it's worth it since so many people seem to want this. The only limitation is that it won't work on the DCS desktop unless I write additional code for that, since that scrollbar is a special case.
Ok, everything seems fine, I really like the retune button, no more extra prgm for me >Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Ok, everything seems fine, I really like the retune button, no more extra prgm for me >Smile
Most awesome! Did it seem to work for you? ie, did you have some graphics glitches, and it removed them? I want to make sure I get at least one or two people confirming that before DCS 7.0 is released.

Regarding the Nspire powerdown bug: I think I have a breakthrough, as I noted on #cemetech on Efnet.
Checked it out late last night before I passed out... Fairly good, the page wrapping will surely be useful. Screen saving is great for those quick games that quit when you lose, now you don't have to navigate though folders to play them again. Plus, the shell seems 1.5 times faster then 6.7 was, I was quite surprised! Good work, I shall begin hunting for bugs.
Yes, it seems that the re-tune button works perfectly, no more chopped up Dracula for me

regarding the Nspire bug: Awesome, be sure to fix it soon, I do not think my Nspire can take all these constant OS re-installments
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Checked it out late last night before I passed out... Fairly good, the page wrapping will surely be useful. Screen saving is great for those quick games that quit when you lose, now you don't have to navigate though folders to play them again. Plus, the shell seems 1.5 times faster then 6.7 was, I was quite surprised! Good work, I shall begin hunting for bugs.
That's most excellent, I'm glad to hear that you can see the optimizations I worked on, and that the new features are useful.

qazz42: I sent you a beta; if it works for you, then I will send it to the other Nspire testers to verify.
It works on 1.7, I dunno about 2.0
qazz42 wrote:
It works on 1.7, I dunno about 2.0
Most superbly excellent; I await with bated breath your report on 2.0.
Yep, it is fine on 2.0 also, no moar nspire problems, took you about a year XD
qazz42 wrote:
Yep, it is fine on 2.0 also, no moar nspire problems, took you about a year XD
Oh come on, it couldn't have been more than two and a half to three months. Smile I'm extremely happy this is finally fixed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours