Well, the first time through, I didn't understand what was going on at the beginning, and the second time I watched very closely for evidence to support my theory for the ending.

He can't recreate the faces of his children from memory, so he must be in reality.
Interesting that people say they have a hard time understanding and following this movie. I loved it and understood it very well.

I always took that the children's faces didn't show earlier because his dreams were nightmares.
Yeah, I wasn't paying enough attention in the beginning.
Another bit of evidence:
I his dreams, Cobb's kids always wear the same clothes. When he comes back, they are dressed differently. (According to the costume designer.)
weird i thought they looked the same
That's what I thought, too, but the costume designer says otherwise.

And more evidence!:
The top wobbles quite a bit on the table, something it never does in a dream.
Ah, an excellent point, good job on noticing that. Also interesting about the costume designer; do you have a link about that?
all tops will wobble due to external variables such as wind, it could have started to straighten out again like when it first started spinning.
happybobjr wrote:
all tops will wobble due to external variables such as wind, it could have started to straighten out again like when it first started spinning.
Certainly, but I think he was saying that whenever Cobb would spin the top in a dream, it would spin perfectly, never faltering or wobbling at all.
although when we saw cobb spin it it was for only a few sec.

When we see (i forgot main character's name) spin it, he gets distracted and leaves for about 30 sec. so when we see the top again it had spun longer than when we saw cobb's spin. so we can't compare the two.
exactly. here is the link.
MRide wrote:
exactly. here is the link.
An interesting find to be sure, but that article seems to just be tossing more skepticism into the mix, since it claims that viewers who looked closely thought the children were still wearing the same clothes )and, another interesting point, hadn't grown at all, as they should have). That site has some other interesting analyses of Inception as well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours