*bump* Another calculator received and repaired in a few minutes! Turns out it was a single line in the ribbon cable that had gone bad, making it my easiest fix yet. Fully-working TI-83+ for $4.00 plus $5.00 shipping? Yes please!
That's pretty awesome Kerm. Are you going to start reselling them for a higher price and make extra money now? :p
tifreak8x wrote:
That's pretty awesome Kerm. Are you going to start reselling them for a higher price and make extra money now? :p
I've been thinking about it; I might have enough of my own calculators now for it to be worthwhile. Razz Actually, rather than eBaying them, I should offer them for a decent price, like $25 or $30, to members of the community.
Or make us fight to the death for them in an auction room.
_player1537 wrote:
Or make us fight to the death for them in an auction room.
The latter would be better for me, the former for others. Smile
But... If we were doing something like HCWP or any webcam chat, we could yell at each other as we bid Very Happy It'd be good entertainment Wink
I had actually thought about asking if we could set up some form of 'trader's corner' or some such here, with a subforum specifically for people wanting to buy/sell/trade on here via posts, and Cemetech not being responsible for transactions or anything. Merely an advertisement place.
_player1537 wrote:
But... If we were doing something like HCWP or any webcam chat, we could yell at each other as we bid Very Happy It'd be good entertainment Wink
Hehe, that sounds like a lot of fun. And tifreak8x, I think that might not be a bad idea at all.
*bump* Another TI-83+! This one had corrosion in the battery compartment and one (out of 96) dead columns; no luck fixing the column yet. No soldering necessary for the LCD so far. Also, my $10 TI-83+SE is on its way.
Hmm, if you could make some moar ultimate calcs, THAT would be something worth fighting for Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, if you could make some moar ultimate calcs, THAT would be something worth fighting for Very Happy
I certainly hope to! My bottleneck on the most recent project is the creation ofa custom case.
Like the Titanium case that the one guy made for his TI-89T? Or is something different?
qazz42 wrote:
Like the Titanium case that the one guy made for his TI-89T? Or is something different?
That was a titanium version (actually, steel, I think?) of the same case it already has. My plan is a sliding form factor with a keyboard underneath the screen, similar to many modern smartphones.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
That was a titanium version (actually, steel, I think?) of the same case it already has. My plan is a sliding form factor with a keyboard underneath the screen, similar to many modern smartphones.

I like that idea! Wasn't there a TI keyboard accessory IIRC? Is that how you're going to make it? Study up on the interfacing between that and the calculator then apply it to a custom keyboard?
Close, but no, because that would monopolize the I/O port (and only work in the OS). I'm directly soldering onto the bus traces and making a keyboard directly connected with a microcontroller doing keystroke translation. Check out a neat diagram here, pictures of my early keypad replacement work, and case renders start here and go onwards.
By the way Kerm, how many calcs do you have by now? I remember someone posted a pic showing a pile of calcs that you have, similar to the one on the first page, but I do not remember if all your calcs were located there. You should maybe post a pic showing all their faces at once. Razz
I think his facebook profile shows half of them O_o
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
By the way Kerm, how many calcs do you have by now? I remember someone posted a pic showing a pile of calcs that you have, similar to the one on the first page, but I do not remember if all your calcs were located there. You should maybe post a pic showing all their faces at once. Razz
Perhaps someone posted my Facebook profile picture? As Qazz says, it shows eighteen of my calculators, roughly half my collection.
Oh right it was on FB. Nice collection you had there. I would love to see your full collection, though. Very Happy
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Oh right it was on FB. Nice collection you had there. I would love to see your full collection, though. Very Happy
So would I. Sad Sadly, my parents have yet to release the rest of my collection to me, and their reluctance is making me more and more worried that my 89, my 86, my 73, my very first TI-83, my blue and green TI-83+s, my other 83+SE, and my dozen or so additional TI-83+s may be resting comfortably in a garbage dump somewhere. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours