Yeah, I only showed all of the appvars for use as a demonstration, all portal level packs will have a header and will be sorted as such Smile
builderboy2005 wrote:
Yeah, I only showed all of the appvars for use as a demonstration, all portal level packs will have a header and will be sorted as such Smile
Very good, glad to hear it. My only regret then is that as an App it will be unrunnable from Doors CS. Wink
You should totally enable Doors to run Apps Very Happy
I thought there was an SE written to do just that?
builderboy2005 wrote:
You should totally enable Doors to run Apps Very Happy
I've actually long since planned a program to be able to list and run Apps from Doors CS; thanks for reminding me. Smile
Sorry if i interupt youre conversation, but i just noticed this and it looks AWSOME! I can't wait to see the full releace! Smile
Woot, I am working on the Axe based level editor right now, and it's coming along rather nicely I have a dynamic tilemap display working, and it alters the display as you edit. It uses the exact same map rendering code, so it gives you an exact preview of what your level is going to look like. It also gives you a very simple way to edit objects as well, as is detailed in the screenshot. When your cursor is placed over a button or a plasma ball emiter, you can press Alpha to edit the door that the tile opens when activated. From then on, whenever you place your cursor over the tile, it will highlight the door that it opens

I am definitely going to keep polishing this up for the final release, and there will be a lot more options. You will be able to load levels, save them to appvars, pack multiple levels into a single appvar, and even reorder the levels inside the appvar! Here is a screenie of what I have so far.

Oh wow, that's awesome! I love tools Smile I can't wait till this comes out!
That looks really polished, Builderboy! Thanks very much for keeping us up to date on the project.
Hey guys! Just letting you know that this project has recently gotten a new breath of air as me and Buttsfredkin are finishing it together Smile A release is imminent, with a closed beta being released first, followed by the open release. Work is underway and moving quickly, so I will leave you with this screenshot as something to look forward to!

What the heck, epic screenie!!
I love that screenie Man. I will totally get that game.
Seconded. I hate that it lasts so long just for the epicness.
Glad you guys like it Smile A closed beta is being released to a few pre-selected people tonight, and after we get some good feedback we can work our way towards the final released version!
Bug Report
Shell: Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2
Description: Game crashes on initial launch

Ideas?
Curious, it does use the Fullrene Axiom which abuses some ports to enable code execution past the execution limit, maybe it is not compatible with Doors? Are there any memory locations Doors needs in order to work?
builderboy2005 wrote:
Curious, it does use the Fullrene Axiom which abuses some ports to enable code execution past the execution limit, maybe it is not compatible with Doors? Are there any memory locations Doors needs in order to work?
I was running it on emulated TI-83+ calculators (both Wabbit and PindurTI); perhaps they don't emulate that port abuse properly, so I need to use hardware devices?
Ah, I read up a bit more on the Fullrene documentation and it seems is requires a slightly different initialization syntax for 83+ calculators >.< I will upload a new version shortly with the fix, and in the meantime, if you have any 84+ calculator it should work properly on those.

EDIT: New update, it seems there are more issues with Fullrene than previously thought, so I will be re-sending the file to all the testers as an Application instead of a program, which should fix the issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ah, so Fullrene is the broken component? Thanks for the update; I'm disappointed it won't run from Doors CS anymore, of course. I'll let you know my feedback once I get a chance to try out the new version tonight.
It will run in DoorsCS once Fullrene is fixed, I only uploaded it as an application as a temporary fix. Also, if you have a Ti84+ ROM, or calculator, the old 'broken' version should work on those calculators.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours