KermMartian wrote:
quigibo wrote:
I tried converting this myself, and I'd have to agree with Kerm that it doesn't translate as well as you are probably hoping.

Here was the result, run with Asm()
POISONMD.8xp
I grabbed the multi-channel (8 channels, iirc) MIDI from here:

http://www.midishrine.com/index.php?id=36

It works amazingly in the mobileTunes converter. Here's the result with the only different being all the notes in octave 4 moved to octave 3 for the sake of sounding a little less shrill. It was a single find/replace with the power of Regex in Notepad++. Smile Tell me what you think, Qazz (also Quigibo).

http://www.cemetech.net/files/poismind.8xp [788 bytes]

YAY THANK YOU Kerm!!!!!!
No problem. Smile Would you like me to try any of the other songs from that site in particular? If not, I might still try some of them at my leisure.
Err, yes 2 in particular

"bloody tears" and "heart of fire"

Oh, and yes I had some problems with the 2.5-3.0 thing

quig, ill try youR version out in a second

p.s. despite the headphone problem, it sounds awsome Kerm

EDIT: if it is not to much, could I have the link to the converter you use Kerm?
qazz42 wrote:
Err, yes 2 in particular

"bloody tears" and "heart of fire"

Oh, and yes I had some problems with the 2.5-3.0 thing

quig, ill try youR version out in a second

p.s. despite the headphone problem, it sounds awsome Kerm

EDIT: if it is not to much, could I have the link to the converter you use Kerm?
Here is the converter I use. I don't need to do any tedious preprocessing with mobileTunes, that's the beauty of the converter I've spent so much time laboring over. Smile

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/mtunes/index.php
Doh, I meant the headphone converter
qazz42 wrote:
Doh, I meant the headphone converter
I use this one from RadioShack:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062474

Note that you'll have to shave down the diameter of the plastic on the 2.5mm end by about .5mm for it to mate fully with the TI-84+ and TI-84+SE's I/O port. It works without modification on the TI-83 line.
Yep, I remember that, thanks Kerm, I better bookmark it
qazz42 wrote:
Yep, I remember that, thanks Kerm, I better bookmark it
Good, you do that. I wanted to post it in this topic even though I already pasted it to you in #cemetech on IRC so I'll have a vague idea where the link is the next time I'm looking for this. Smile
It seems I can never preview the drums...
qazz42 wrote:
It seems I can never preview the drums...
They should just turned into low-toned beeps when you preview them; what happens for you instead?
No, the option to preview them is not there...
qazz42 wrote:
No, the option to preview them is not there...
Can you look carefully and see if that's only when the drums track is the last track of the song, or if it occurs regardless of where it is in the song? If it's the latter, then the mobileTunes 3 converter might not be finding any notes in that track.
oh, ok
qazz42 wrote:
oh, ok
Holy three-week necropost. Smile Obviously you won't be able to check this until I find and fix the PHP5 issues with the converter, but afterwards I hope you'll verify that my diagnosis was correct.
eh, there is nothing at all in the track I can't preview Smile
qazz42 wrote:
eh, there is nothing at all in the track I can't preview Smile
But you can preview other tracks in the same song, right? I need to narrow down whether this is an issue with the Converter not letting you preview the last track of any song, or if it's the fact that it can't find any useable notes in the percussion track.
There are no useable notes.... I might test a bit once the php thing is over Smile
qazz42 wrote:
There are no useable notes.... I might test a bit once the php thing is over Smile
Sounds good. I just replicated the Step 3 problems, by the way, so let me see if I can't manage to fix them now.
*bump* When in doubt, troubleshooting tips for the mobileTunes 3 converter when your song is not turning out well:

[11:34:48] <+KermM> so that idea is that mobileTunes 3 can play up to four notes at once
[11:35:01] <+KermM> 1) Don't check any percussion tracks. That just causes bloat
[11:35:18] <+KermM> 2) Try to check only one of two tracks that are, for example, almost identical
[11:35:27] <+KermM> 3) Don't check any very small or very large tracks
[11:35:46] <+KermM> 4) Try to limit yourself to four tracks, although the converter tries to compensate if you check more
my problem is: if i try to convert our national anthem, the tracks are fine, but if I check one (or more) of them, there are not notes in the code box

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours