Nice Kerm! I think one of the major complaints about DocDE6 was the lack of a backspace button (I know that it's more global, but ticalc.org reviewers don't always Razz)
Can't wait to see what you add next Smile
calcdude84se wrote:
Nice Kerm! I think one of the major complaints about DocDE6 was the lack of a backspace button (I know that it's more global, but ticalc.org reviewers don't always Razz)
Can't wait to see what you add next Smile
Weird, none (or so few that I don't remember them) of those complaints ever filtered down to me. Sad

Thanks; according to my veritable To-Do List I have four features and two bugs pending, plus I want to add a Help item to the DCS Menu once just about everything is done and I know how much space I'm dealing with. I'm very nicely on track for an August 1st (lor earlier) release of Doors CS 6.8 beta, which, pending no giant bugs being found, will allow me to focus my attentions on an SDK and a manual for the final DCS 7 release.
Maybe that was just me Razz
Nvm, found the ticalc.org review (the latest)
Bryce Taylor wrote:

User friendliness: 7/10

No backspace, only delete? It's hard to get used to saving files multiple times.

I snipped it, in case you didn't notice.
calcdude84se wrote:
Maybe that was just me Razz
Nvm, found the ticalc.org review (the latest)
Bryce Taylor wrote:

User friendliness: 7/10

No backspace, only delete? It's hard to get used to saving files multiple times.

I snipped it, in case you didn't notice.
Ah, thanks, I had totally not noticed that at all. I think people don't realize that you don't have to keep saving, just save once and the file is automatically saved forever. Razz That's part of the beauty of the AP system.
As per Anakclusmos' request, the input a=0 for FileOpen and FileSaveAs now forces DCS to only display files relevant to the current program (as judged by looking at the AP Main's header at $9da5 forward). Using a!=0 instead makes DCS use the previous behavior, viz., display all files regardless of whether the current program has indicated that it is capable of handling that file.

Here's a nice little demo with DDE7 and MT3:

Edit: RenderGUI now is wrapped in a switch up to 15MHz. TextRedraw inside TextInr, for the three types of text input, also pitches up to 15MHz when possible.
yay updates Very Happy
can't wait to be able to use backspace Smile
so um, did you ever figure out if the [alpha] mashing fix actually did work?

EDIT: just tested 6.7.8 beta and yes it is fixed on both ASM and BASIC Smile Good job Kerm Smile
Eeems wrote:
yay updates Very Happy
can't wait to be able to use backspace Smile
so um, did you ever figure out if the [alpha] mashing fix actually did work?

EDIT: just tested 6.7.8 beta and yes it is fixed on both ASM and BASIC Smile Good job Kerm Smile
That's awesome! I'm glad to hear it, I'll mark those bugs as definitely fixed in the wiki.
Ok great Smile Good thing I caught them Razz someone might have accidentally wiped there RAM with it Razz
Eeems wrote:
Ok great Smile Good thing I caught them Razz someone might have accidentally wiped there RAM with it Razz
To be honest, I didn't actually fix anything with ASM programs (that I know of); I only fixed the problem with BASIC programs, which turned out to be an oddly-related problem to what you were coming up with. I'm nervous that I never actually found a solid reason for the ASM crashes.
ah lol, well maybe that somehow fixed the ASM one, because I can't get it to happen again Smile
Eeems wrote:
ah 0x5, well maybe that somehow fixed the ASM one, because I can't get it to happen again Smile
I'm glad to hear it, and thank you also for all the other bug reports and feature suggestions. Did I miss any of them?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours