You might be wrong about ability swivel, his potential is to complain, that is all
qazz42 wrote:
You might be wrong about ability swivel, his potential is to complain, that is all

Honestly I think he lacks the ability, will, and attension span to do this because if all he wants todo is troll a random forum about something that honestly doesn't mean anything, then he has no life. He should go outside, run off his fat, get a girlfriend, and learn to f*****g do s**t on his own.
Well, at least real trolls have more potential then him, and they dont exsist
qazz42 wrote:
Well, at least real trolls have more potential then him, and they dont exsist

True, they can guard bridges and pillage towns...
And they dont complain, they smash what is bothering them >Smile
qazz42 wrote:
And they dont complain, they smash what is bothering them >Smile

YES! Finally someone who understands Norse Mythology as much as I!
swivelgames wrote:
Just remember that we have every right to be upset with you for sitting around and waiting for this to be finished when you have had the time, knowledge, and ability to help us out on it and you chose to complain.
Indeed moreso, because the more you've done on a project, the less people can criticize you, so conversely by doing nothing you can be criticized the most. Smile
Which, in turn, is why we are criticizing you SpaceNinja
Quote:
So again, offer your services, or stfu and stop threatening and complaining.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice one, swivel. *Points to my map*
Lucas W wrote:
Quote:

/me points to my map as well. Smile
SpaceNinja, I would like to see what the TOB community comes up with. I am guessing it will be something with 500 built-in weapons or something ridiculous like that. Go ahead, make what you can better. I bet we will incorporate it into the game.
CyberPrime wrote:
SpaceNinja, I would like to see what the TOB community comes up with. I am guessing it will be something with 500 built-in weapons or something ridiculous like that. Go ahead, make what you can better. I bet we will incorporate it into the game.
Maybe 500 extra particles to go with the guns too. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
Quote:

/me points to my map as well. Smile

You missed the point. LOOK at my map! It has 1 major bug, I have no idea how to package it as my attempts have failed, it has been MONTHS with the ONLY SUPPORT from Dshiznit!

tl;dr YOUR SUPPORT FOR NEW DEVELOPERS IS PATHETIC

Quote:
I bet we will incorporate it into the game.

Your stealing from TBM/ToB now? Oh wait, you are, you still haven't removed all the TBM content that is meant to be removed.
Lucas W wrote:
You missed the point. LOOK at my map! It has 1 major bug, I have no idea how to package it as my attempts have failed, it has been MONTHS with the ONLY SUPPORT from Dshiznit!
What map?

and I don't browse the Freebuild forums too much, but did you try posting a topic about it or asking around? Writing a topic is a much better idea then simply tapping on the shoulder of someone via chat.

Lucas W wrote:
Your example is pathetic.

Lucas W wrote:
Your stealing from TBM/ToB now? Oh wait, you are, you still haven't removed all the TBM content that is meant to be removed.
Don't take shit out of context, Lucas. CyberPrime had no negative sarcasm in his post. His post was simply encouragement to write content, and what ever content you write to contribute to Freebuild, they'll probably end up adding.

Seriously, people, cut the bullshit. Stop trolling (that's all I consider your comment about the TBM content to be). There's no reason to even begin to attacking CyberPrime for his post, specifically. You're out of your place on that one, Lucas.

How about we don't make enemies between the TOB community and the FreeBuild developers/community? This is ridiculous people. Stop complaining and do something. Lucas I appreciate your efforts on making a map, honestly, but if dshiz is helping you out in making content for FreeBuild then what are you complaining about "[our] SUPPORT FOR NEW DEVELOPERS IS PATHETIC(sic)"? DShiz is apart of this forum, and so are you. DShiz has posted and contributed to the forum, and so have you. Therefore I'm pretty DShiz is apart of this community. Whether or not he's mainly from the TOB community or the FreeBuild community is out of the question. Let's not segregate the TOB community members from the FreeBuild community members, shall we? And really people, it should go without saying, but let's also not segregate FreeBuild's "main developers" (elfprince, and CyberPrime) from the FreeBuild and TOB communities.

If you're complaining simply because you're not getting help explicitly from elfprince or CyberPrime, then you need to rethink your expectations from these two developers. As quoted from the first page, you guys need to understand and "live with the fact that they have actual lives, jobs, academic pursuits, classes, girlfriends, friendships, parents, and all such things. "
swivelgames wrote:
Quote:
You missed the point. LOOK at my map! It has 1 major bug, I have no idea how to package it as my attempts have failed, it has been MONTHS with the ONLY SUPPORT from Dshiznit!What map?

and I don't browse the Freebuild forums too much, but did you try posting a topic about it or asking around? Writing a topic is a much better idea then simply tapping on the shoulder of someone via chat.

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4053
swivelgames wrote:
Remember, SpaceNinja, the whole entire TOB community is welcome to contribute to TBG. If you have the capability to, then offer your services instead of threatening and complaining.
What?
Are you seriously implying that they can?
Unless you didn't notice, the people getting annoyed are the ones that have been waiting for years on your promises, guys.

swivelgames wrote:
Otherwise stfu and gtfo. I'm tired of hearing all this bullshit talk from all the people on the sidelines. Quit complaining and help out if you don't like what you see. Otherwise sit back down and shut up or go to another project.
This isn't your prerogative to dictate what does and does not happen, nor how people feel. Same as telling people who make dumb posts on the Blockland Retail Forum's Drama section to leave doesn't work either.

swivelgames wrote:
If I haven't, or any one else hasn't, made it clear: You don't have to steal the project for it to get anywhere. You can work on it too, and I'm sure seldom with limitation. Talk to elfprince and CyberPrime and I'm sure they'd be more then happy to have your contributing hands in on the project. This project could be very far along right now if the TOB started helping.
Except for the fact that you desperately need coders to work on the engine and people who can afford to care enough to buy access to the closed source SVN with the engine.

swivelgames wrote:
So again, offer your services, or stfu and stop threatening and complaining. Your pushing this a little too far, SpaceNinja, and I suggest you grow up a little.
You know what? Sometimes people need to be shaken up or, evidently, nothing gets done.

swivelgames wrote:
Also, be careful when you run around with the attitude your have right now spouting off complaints while claiming to speak for an entire community. All you're doing is giving the community a bad name. The TBM gained a terrible reputation for that and plenty of other things that went wrong.
The TBM community got a bad reputation because the bunch of misfits that were several of its more goonish developers put some suspicious code in it, plus Badspot decided to trumpet all nine hells worth of bad press on it.
If you think that this is somehow our fault, I suggest you carefully analyse your facts.

swivelgames wrote:
And screw the politics, screw the 'sides'. Let's not start that bullshit again. If you're looking forward to TBG at all or even want it, then don't complain, contribute just as you would if this was a project of the TOB's community. We're not oppressive, we're not controlling, and we certainly haven't ever rejected your help or claimed you weren't welcome here. But we will jump right back down your throat if you come on here and attempt to jump down ours. We're not going to sit here and take it while you people sit and complain without action. That would be a little screwy of us.
If it wasn't clear before, let me reiterate:
Most people cannot help, they have been in limbo here for years. The only thing that is keeping people like Warman, Spaceninja and many others around is the promise of this game actually happening, while all signs around are contrary to such an event.
We were fed the same placating response last year, and nothing has happened since.

swivelgames wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
What map?

Lucas W wrote:
Your example is pathetic.

Lucas W wrote:
Don't take shit out of context, Lucas. CyberPrime had no negative sarcasm in his post. His post was simply encouragement to write content, and what ever content you write to contribute to Freebuild, they'll probably end up adding.
I was not aware there was such thing as positive sarcasm. This needs an article on TvTropes now.
Unless... you are implying Cyberprime intended the following to be delivered as a straight truth?
CyberPrime wrote:

swivelgames wrote:
Seriously, people, cut the bullshit. Stop trolling (that's all I consider your comment about the TBM content to be). There's no reason to even begin to attacking CyberPrime for his post, specifically. You're out of your place on that one, Lucas.
When you start to accuse people that are upset with the way you operate to be trolls, I start getting concerned that you haven't seen a real troll in a long time.

swivelgames wrote:
How about we don't make enemies between the TOB community and the FreeBuild developers/community? This is ridiculous people. Stop complaining and do something. Lucas I appreciate your efforts on making a map, honestly, but if dshiz is helping you out in making content for FreeBuild then what are you complaining about "[our] SUPPORT FOR NEW DEVELOPERS IS PATHETIC(sic)"? DShiz is apart of this forum, and so are you. DShiz has posted and contributed to the forum, and so have you. Therefore I'm pretty DShiz is apart of this community. Whether or not he's mainly from the TOB community or the FreeBuild community is out of the question. Let's not segregate the TOB community members from the FreeBuild community members, shall we? And really people, it should go without saying, but let's also not segregate FreeBuild's "main developers" (elfprince, and CyberPrime) from the FreeBuild and TOB communities.
How about you stop playing good cop/bad cop and choose a side you want to argue? Hammering Lucas' points and then trying to carve out a deal is not the way to solve this. And segregation? This isn't Slavery-era America, this is the real world. The fact is, TOB's ex lead developer is offering Lucas a lot more help than this website is.

swivelgames wrote:
If you're complaining simply because you're not getting help explicitly from elfprince or CyberPrime, then you need to rethink your expectations from these two developers. As quoted from the first page, you guys need to understand and "live with the fact that they have actual lives, jobs, academic pursuits, classes, girlfriends, friendships, parents, and all such things.
I like how these things prevent people from being useful on forums. I should whip these out more often when I have to explain why I didn't do something.
I think people with a lot more than you guys do a lot of things too. Don't try and wipe that off as an excuse. Unless you are at work/school or whatever day in, day out, and are balls to the wall with an hour every week to work on this, which I enormously doubt, nobody is unable to spend time on something, especially when it is supposed to be something they enjoy.
Swivel, watch the mouth!

Also, come on, now lets just ignore this complainer and let him do whatever he wants, geez. He wants to be all @#!*% about us not working on it, let him or TOB work on it if he can find the time and such. Though TOB must give cemetech credentials if it is actually complete(never gonna happen, all they do is complain)....
Hey, both sides, shut up.
I think we all agree that spaceninja is an idiot for opening this thread(and overall).
Don't bitch about something that takes time and effort to make just because you want to play it now.

Also, developers, alot of the 4 people we call the ToB community can script very well(Emperorwiggy,Dshiznit,etc) and do other stuff, mostly bitching. So don't cry about noone supporting you because if you need them, they are there.
This is really turning into a fight.....
qazz42 wrote:
This is really turning into a fight..... not much of an arguemnt

Only because you are making these dramatic movements in between posts with content and meaning.

Feedback, Spaceninja isn't an idiot. He's a man with an opinion. He's sure as hell allowed to voice it.
Also, i've already outlined how much of an unreasonable time this project has been allotted already.

Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours