On behalf of SirCmpwn:

Hello,

I am contacting you to let you know that my parents have again blocked all my favorite calculator sites. They do not know my password on Omnimaga, and I was able to change it right before they blocked it. I do not believe they know my Cemetech password, but I was not able to change it in time, and I have normal member rights there anyway, making it less important. If someone could get in contact with geekboy for me and ask him to [he'll know what it is], I would be very grateful.

If you could also post on your respective forums explaining my absence, I would appreciate it.

Thank you, and hopefully I can work something out with my parents.

--

Drew DeVault
That sucks, SirCmpwn, sorry to hear it. Sad I hope you're able to work something out soon, so you can continue working on your excellent projects and helping me push up my postcount. Wink Good luck

yes, I know I'm responding to myself
DOUBLE POST Cool

Showing some emotion, this edit. I feel yeah mate. We'll all be here when you get back! I'll buy some Celebration Cake now so we can enjoy it the moment you return... if I haven't nommed it all by then. Laughing
Don't believe him. That cake is clearly a lie.
JoeYoung wrote:
Don't believe him. That cake is clearly a lie.
Evil or Very Mad I'll make it with Dirt and goldfish and everything the recipe calls for!
comicIDIOT wrote:
DOUBLE POST Cool

Showing some emotion, this edit. I feel yeah mate. We'll all be here when you get back! I'll buy some Celebration Cake now so we can enjoy it the moment you return... if I haven't nommed it all by then. 0x5
Well, the first problem is that he can't get back on these sites. SirCmpwn, have you ever asked for concrete justification for their banninations?
I asked him a few times why they did that, but he never really went into details about why they did it and simply limited his response to I don't know why.

Sadly, seeing how often this has happened in the past few months, it seems like it is going to be something that will happen every few week until he moves out.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I asked him a few times why they did that, but he never really went into details about why they did it and simply limited his response to I don't know why.

Sadly, seeing how often this has happened in the past few months, it seems like it is going to be something that will happen every few week until he moves out.
It does indeed. Sad I am unfortunately personally familiar with this type of situation. It seemed to me though that since he's in his final year of high school (?) it's unrealistic for him to move out until he goes to college.
Wait, wha?? What happened?

Y was his site blocked? And what does he mean by blocked?
qazz42 wrote:
Wait, wha?? What happened?

Y was his site blocked? And what does he mean by blocked?
His parents have very strict internet filtering on his home computer, and have been in a cycle of blocking Cemetech, Omnimaga, and other community sites from his computer, and then eventually unblocking them.
Soo err, use a proxy?

Also, what does he care about his password?
He finish hi school in June 2011. So yea, he can't move out until then. (he will also turn 18 around that time if I remember).

As for similar situations, I know some UTI and Omni members have no internet access at home or cannot use the computer and one of my admin's parents are security paranoids (once, they got a virus and they blamed Omnimaga and UTI for it, even thought it was his sister that visited a bad site).

In Jan 2007, my mother announced she cancelled my Internet plan because I used the computer too much, so I ended up with no more Internet from February 3rd to July 5th 2007 (when I moved out). I could still go to Internet cafés sometimes as well as use the computer at home, though.

EDIT: Qazz42, they blocked most well-known proxies as well. They monitor what sites he use too. Also, he cares about his password because his parents cracked his Omnimaga account once (they edited his profile info such as e-mail and password)
My parents dont canre what I do as long as I get grades of a god, and work out.
See my edit in the post above.
Well, I bet it is the type of parents who are not "used" to the internet.

At least us younger people know how important the internet is and we wont do stupid things like that :/

Did he try ninjacloak

Perhaps he could go to "run" do "msconfig" and disable the block.

Well for one thing, what is the filter's name?

Wait even better, why does his parent insist on depriving him of calc site, especially since it is the summer and he has a job WHERE HE IS SURROUNDED BY COMPUTERS!!!
qazz42 wrote:
Well, I bet it is the type of parents who are not "used" to the internet.

At least us younger people know how important the internet is and we wont do stupid things like that :/
They sound pretty savvy to me/

qazz42 wrote:
Did he try ninjacloak

Perhaps he could go to "run" do "msconfig" and disable the block.
He doesn't have access to the administrative account.

qazz42 wrote:
Well for one thing, what is the filter's name?

Wait even better, why does his parent insist on depriving him of calc site, especially since it is the summer and he has a job WHERE HE IS SURROUNDED BY COMPUTERS!!!
Maybe the contract at his job forbids personal internet use?
Also, watch what you say, you never know if the parents are watching this topic RIGHT NOW!!!

qazz42 equips his paranoia hat.....
qazz42 wrote:
Well he IS on irc while at his job.....
ORLY? It doesn't look to me as if he's online right now...
I'm thinking there's more to the story than what's been told. There's a reason behind his parent's actions. I doubt it's simple paranoia.
Also, if the parents block SITES, doesnt that mean he can still use IRC?

Or is that blocked too?

I frickin agree with Joe Young

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours