sum(16 deletes all, sum(16,# deletes stack #
That's cool. I'll take that.

I like it too. good idea.

KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
sum(16 deletes all, sum(16,# deletes stack #
That's cool. I'll take that.
Yeah, that's what I was saying in my post. Apparently no one listens to me. Cool

lol, what?
huh, where did you say that in your post...
Sorry Kerm, did you say something?
_player1537 wrote:
huh, where did you say that in your post...
Right here. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Of course, the stack number would be specified as a second arg to sum14/15/16
_player1537 wrote:
actually, could someone explain that earlier code of Merth's for use with a list? My mind is a little fried today I think.

Sure!
So, let's just say you've got some stuff on your stack already, and you want to take what's on the stack, put it into ans, and put ans onto the stack.
Assuming what you want to swap with is already in Ans, you need to keep that somewhere, so:

Code:
Ans->A (assuming it's a number. If it's a string do Str1, if it's a matrix [[A]], etc., if you don't know, it's trickier).

You then need to get what's on the stack:

Code:
sum(15->B

Now B holds what was on the stack

Code:
A
sum(14

Now what was in Ans is on the stack

Code:
B

Now what was the top of the stack is in Ans.
Kerm, have you considered exposing these via Open/ExecLib as well?
elfprince13 wrote:
Kerm, have you considered exposing these via Open/ExecLib as well?
I have indeed, and I've decided against it for now. I have enough annoying hooks to keep track of. Maybe Doors CS 8 if I can decide it would be actually worth it to do that. Smile
I have one question:

How does you make a 5x5 icon (like the DCSB libs menu, windows, etc.) using hex?
Errr, sry, I think I misunderstood the question, listen to player x.x
You just type in the hex for an icon. As in, "f8888888f8" will make a box as an icon. Not too sure what qazz meant by his statement however.
souvik1997 wrote:
I have one question:

How does you make a 5x5 icon (like the DCSB libs menu, windows, etc.) using hex?
Is your question how you turn an icon that you draw into hex in general? Or how to format the ten characters? If it's the former, I'd be happy to write up a quick tutorial. If it's the former, the answer is to design what's essentially an 8-pixel-wide, 5-pixel-high icon, then just leave the rightmost (least-significant) three bits of each byte as 0.
Ok, I understand.
souvik1997 wrote:
Ok, I understand.
So the latter was your question, rather than the former? Smile
The former
souvik1997 wrote:
The former
So would you like me still write up that tutorial on turning images of icons into hex? Or did you fix a source for it?
A tutorial would be nice.
souvik1997 wrote:
A tutorial would be nice.
Sure thing, I'd be happy to do so. Luckily I had just such a tutorial inside the Doors CS 5 SDK that I can post up here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours