This is a thread for people who have questions about Axe Parser. For those of you who don't know what Axe is, Axe is a compiled programming language for the TI-83+/84+/SE line of graphing calculators. Axe is harder than TI-BASIC but easier than Assembly, so it is understandable to have questions and No question is irrelevant so fell free to ask anything about Axe. Please post any questions in the topic below!
I've got a question. How do you get TI-OS Str1 and store its contents to an axe variable in string form?
spud2451 wrote:
I've got a question. How do you get TI-OS Str1 and store its contents to an axe variable in string form?

IIRC, the syntax to get the OS Str1 is:

Code:

GetCalc("Str1")→S

However, that's a string of tokens, not characters. Next, you need to iterate over the string to convert the tokens to the relevant ASCII characters you need (in the same way that you do so after an input command). This table of TI-83+ tokens may be helpful. Depending on your requirements, e.g. if you only want A-Z and 0-9, this may be easy. If you want the token for sine to be converted to the string "sin(" then it will likely be more difficult.
spud2451 wrote:
This is a thread for people who have questions about Axe Parser. For those of you who don't know what Axe is, Axe is a compiled programming language for the TI-83+/84+/SE line of graphing calculators. Axe is harder than TI-BASIC but easier than Assembly, so it is understandable to have questions and No question is irrelevant so fell free to ask anything about Axe. Please post any questions in the topic below!
Not to be mean or to bring rivalties between websites, but Axe was born on Omnimaga, and therefore a lot of Axe coders are on Omnimaga. This is why it would be better to ask Axe questions on Omnimaga (and this is why a "Axe Q&A" topic already exists on Omnimaga but not on Cemetech).

On the contrary, if I had a question about DoorsCS, I would ask it here, because it was born here.
The Asm code runs a program from Str1.

Str1 = "MOUSE"

Code:
GetCalc("Str1")→F
"prgm"+F
Asm(E7FDCB08CEEF9B4AFDCB088E)

It should run the program "MOUSE", but it doesnt!
This is the code I have in my program. It just throws an "Undefined" error when I run the program. What do I do from here?

Code:
.XYZMOUSE

If Ans=0
.this is where I get Str1
If GetCalc("Str1")
GetCalc("Str1")->F
1->E
End
[80C0E0F0F8FCC080]->D
31->Y
47->X
0->A
1->C
Pt-Change(X,Y,D)
While A!=54
If E
copy(F,L1+1,8)
"prgm"->{L1}
0->{{F-2}^^r+L1+1}
L1
...this is the subroutine that runs the program
it is located in an other program...
RPROG()
End
0->A
0->B
DispGraph
While A=0
getKey->A
B+1->B
End
If B<500
If C<5
C+1->C
End
Else
1->C
End
Pt-Change(X,Y,D)
If A=2
X-C->X
End
If A=4
Y-C->Y
End
If A=3
X+C->X
End
If A=1
Y+C->Y
End
Pt-Change(X,Y,D)
End
Pt-Change(X,Y,D)
End

If Ans=1
X->Ans
End

If Ans=2
Y->Ans
End

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours