Haha, you miss a lot when you are away Razz
qazz42 wrote:
Haha, you miss a lot when you are away Razz
Hopefully not me; that's what I have bots and servers for. Smile
*necro-bump*

out of curiosity, what happened here? D: it seemed that the site just... died....

any updates swivel?
qazz42 wrote:
*necro-bump*

out of curiosity, what happened here? D: it seemed that the site just... died....

any updates swivel?
I was wondering the same. I know that life and work have been very tumultuous for Joseph of late, unfortunately. I know we had a couple of excellent quotes to add, but I've forgotten what they were at this point.
Yeah, I don't think anyone even remember's this site anymore to post said quotes Sad
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think anyone even remember's this site anymore to post said quotes Sad
Possibly, but that's only a function of people not really using CQDB.
*three-year bump* It looks like this might have gone down when Swivelgames most recently decided to redo his website. I'd be quite interested in reviving it in some form there or here eventually.
What's the part that's down? I'd be happy to add functionality to decbot/merthsoft.com.
merthsoft wrote:
What's the part that's down? I'd be happy to add functionality to decbot/merthsoft.com.
It's a website where users can submit and vote on quotes from #cemetech, very similar to other QDB sites like bash.org. I believe the QDB software is available to the general public, but Swivelgames had a pretty amusing collection of quotes from the channel.
DoorsCS already has quotes in it, would those get extracted to decbot/merthsoft?
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
It's a website where users can submit and vote on quotes from #cemetech, very similar to other QDB sites like bash.org. I believe the QDB software is available to the general public, but Swivelgames had a pretty amusing collection of quotes from the channel.
Oh, I see. I think it would be better to have integrated within the channel, like #tcpa has.

AHelper wrote:
DoorsCS already has quotes in it, would those get extracted to decbot/merthsoft?
I wouldn't see that being an issue.
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
Oh, I see. I think it would be better to have integrated within the channel, like #tcpa has.

Having quotes of large chunks of a conversation are nice, unless quoting multiple lines is planned.
It would work like #tcpa, where multi-lines are delimited by |
*bump* So for fun I added this to my local copy of DecBot. It was pretty simple and fun. There's no reason we couldn't have a web site as well that lists them and allows for voting. Should I move forward with actually making this live, or do we not want it?
Would anyone be able to quote? If so, would it be moderated?
merthsoft wrote:
*bump* So for fun I added this to my local copy of DecBot. It was pretty simple and fun. There's no reason we couldn't have a web site as well that lists them and allows for voting. Should I move forward with actually making this live, or do we not want it?
That definitely sounds like something we would actually use, pending the issues AHelper mentioned.
I think we would make it so that anyone can add a quote, either through DecBot or through the web interface. There will be a !qdel <id> that voiced/opped people can use to delete quotes. And of course anyone with access to the DB will be able to delete as well. I trust most of our users to not go too crazy with it. Who added the quote is tracked, so we can always punish as required.
Perhaps we should add a vote poll to this topic?

I think a web interface will work better, especially with multi-line quotes.
There will be both--what's the point of having a poll?
*bump* Basic functionality has been added to decbot. See this post for details:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216094#216094
Tari is in charge of the web interface Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours