No, not unsecure at all. If that would be the case, we'd need some way for Melisma and CQDB to identify the user who submitted them. For instance, the author is stored in the DB as Melisma. Everyone may have different usernames in IRC then they do on CQDB. I was thinking about giving the ability to link your IRC nick with your CQDB account, but nicks can be stolen and/or change frequently. I was also thinking about linking by hostmask, but I was going to present the idea to Kerm first, seeing as I'd probably need Melisma to snag the hostmask and send it to CQDB.

(Not sure if Kerm would be up to the task, but...)
What if the user simply send's Melisma a PM with his/her username and password on CQDB, and then it will auth the account and send the hostmask to CQDB to be linked. Then Melisma will pass the submitter's hostmask to CQDB every time they submit a quote and it would then post the quote under their username, instead of Melisma's. Razz
comicIDIOT wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Since CQDB takes titles, what do you think the title should be?
I was just thinking something incredibly generic like "Submitted by ".$author." in #".$channel
If the user has an account at CQDB, they should be able to edit the quotes sent from IRC with their username in the title...? Or would that be too unsecure?
Eh, I would tend to think that that would be a bit too insecure, personally.
How do I submitt quotes?

Empty Submission
*ahem*... Hey there, qazz42. You kinda left that submission blank (or at least a portion of it).
Might want to go back and fix that Wink??????????? What that???
Chill out with the question marks there, qazz. Remember to put in a TITLE for the quote... (should I remove that part?)

Kerm, what about the idea of using hostmasks?
swivelgames wrote:
Chill out with the question marks there, qazz. Remember to put in a TITLE for the quote... (should I remove that part?)

Kerm, what about the idea of using hostmasks?
I think that would probably be the best way. Want to try to get the script written on both our ends tonight?
Indeed. I'll add it to my list of todo's for CQDB, lol Razz

Kerm, I've finished the post script. I'll send you a PM with some info Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Indeed. I'll add it to my list of todo's for CQDB, 0x5 Razz

Kerm, I've finished the post script. I'll send you a PM with some info Razz
Huzzah! This is using the hostmask to identify the submitter?
How do I put a title?
Click on the unfocused caret and type.
Swivel, sorry that I haven't gotten a chance to write the Melisma-side script yet, I've been super-busy with academic pursuits and Doors CS. I'll try to get to it soon. Smile
Quote:
[9/19/10 12:28:34 PM] KermMartian: hwhwhwhwhwhw
[9/19/10 12:29:04 PM] comicIDIOT: Lololol sure
[9/19/10 12:29:16 PM] comicIDIOT: I'm making waffles though
[9/19/10 12:33:34 PM] comicIDIOT: You making waffles or me?
[9/19/10 12:33:38 PM] comicIDIOT: oh good lord
[9/19/10 12:33:43 PM] comicIDIOT: *You making the room or me?
I still laugh aloud reading that. Nice job there, comicIDIOT! Very Happy
Could we perhaps change the color scheme a little bit? I like the idea/implementation, but I'm not so sure about white on black.
elfprince13 wrote:
Could we perhaps change the color scheme a little bit? I like the idea/implementation, but I'm not so sure about white on black.
Mmm, I could stand black on gray with maroon... Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Mmm, I could stand black on gray with maroon... Very Happy
Hmm. That sounds different! Razz
This topic reminds me that I wanted to give CQDB an interface to Melisma or saxjax at some point, which I now realize I never did. Sad
Lol some quotes on that site are funny Very Happy
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
0x5 some quotes on that site are funny Very Happy
Yeah, some are funny, some are strange, and some I'm a bit uncomfortable with. Razz
like SirC's cursing spam?
qazz42 wrote:
like SirC's cursing spam?
Yup, precisely like that, among various other things.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours