Hey all Smile

Today I announce the opening of the #cemetech Quote DB.

It features a user-system, raking system, mod queue (still in development, lol...), and a couple cool pages to view the quotes as you wish.

Quotes aren't moderated for any specific content, mind you, so some quotes may be profane.

Any comments, feature requests, criticisms, etc... would be much appreciated. Enjoy! Very Happy

Also, Kerm, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard at all to link Melisma and CQDB, so let me know your thoughts on how you would like to accomplish this Razz

So be sure to register, and rate and post quotes and enjoy! Smile

#cemetech Quote DB Website
The CQDB can also be accessed at http://quotes.bluelogicteam.com/
So I'm thinking that she just needs to wget a script, passing POST or GET parameters with the quote and some kind of private key. Does that sound workable to you?
Nice to hear!

I liked when #tcpa had a quote database. I wish they kept it up. Rcfreak0 should add one on his bot too.

That stuff can be fun to read sometimes
Feel free to post quotes from other channels, of course Razz

I'm thinking of adding an optional input for what #channel and/or server it was quoted from Smile

Kerm, most definitely. I can throw that together pretty quickly (though it's Father's Day weekend, so I can't promise anything immediately, but it'd only take a couple minutes to write I'm sure).

You can wget melisma.php or something with the title and quote. My DB requires titles for the quotes, but I'm sure we can figure something like that out... But at the moment I'm not really available to brainstorm or work, hehe.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Nice to hear!

I liked when #tcpa had a quote database.

What's with this past tense? It's not like you're ever around to know for yourself.

Also, this quote database is stupid. Only retards are on #cemetech and they say retarded things.
Which is why there's a quote database... duh? To record all the retarded things we say so other people can laugh at them. Smile

Silly, Allyn Folks Junior Laughing
swivelgames wrote:
Which is why there's a quote database... duh? To record all the retarded things we say so other people can laugh at them. Smile

Silly, Allyn Folks Junior 0x5

This logic astounds me. Most of the quotes will be like this:

* LZULZULZULZULZULZULZ Kerm SUCKS BALLZ

* ROTFLTOFCLTOFOEROFLC TI SUCKS BALLZ

* HAHAWHAWHAHWHAWHHAWHAWH NIKKY IZ R LAME
Let's not forget "Windows is a n****r"
allynfolksjr wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Nice to hear!

I liked when #tcpa had a quote database.

What's with this past tense? It's not like you're ever around to know for yourself.

Also, this quote database is stupid. Only retards are on #cemetech and they say retarded things.
#cemetech userlist at the moment:

Code:
Ops
- CalcBot
- CalcMaze
- KermM
- Melisma
- saxjax
- tifreak
Voice
- Jonimus
- nikky
Normal
- BrandonW
- bsparks
- Buckeye
- cbridge
- debrouxl
- DSP_Lord
- Galandros
- geek|slp
- Jarvis
- juju
- Merth
- miotatsu
- qazz42
- rivereye
- SubaruZX
- Swivel_
- Tari
- tev
- tev|log
- Tribal
- miobot
Who's the retard now? Wink

Anyway, Swivel, let's get this script together.
Well I am not a retard Sad
I humbly request you fix my IRC nickname. You misspelled it. Razz

Also, neat idea Swivel. Who knows? Maybe it'll outdo Bash (which seems to reject 90% of quotes if they aren't racist in some way) Smile
KeithJohansen wrote:
Also, neat idea Swivel. Who knows? Maybe it'll outdo Bash

Yes, it's a very original idea. There are no quote databases anywhere online.
allynfolksjr wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Nope, ours was the first. We're just now getting around to implementing it. :p
tifreak8x wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Indeed, tifreak8x actually had the idea when he was a few months old, so his was the original idea. Bash.org and QDB and all the others just copied him.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Indeed, tifreak8x actually had the idea when he was a few months old, so his was the original idea. Bash.org and QDB and all the others just copied him.
Duh, Nikky! Rolling Eyes

Laughing
So Swivelgames, what should we have Melisma pass to your application? I guess the body of the quote, of course, and probably also the username of the submitter and the source channel? I don't see any point in a timestamp.
Did we figure out a title yet? Perhaps "!qdb {title} {quote}" I'm sure username and channel can be picked up automatically.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Did we figure out a title yet? Perhaps "!qdb {title} {quote}" I'm sure username and channel can be picked up automatically.
Sure, I can easily modify Melisma's existing quote database script to accept that format, that would help a lot. I propose that the quotes submitted thus still get placed in the moderation queue on the CQDB rather than immediately accepted, for the sake of avoiding abuse?
Sure thing. You can use index.php?cp=submit&ct=post&melisma, then you can pass the follow:
  • $quote - Quote
  • $author - Nick of submitter
  • $channel - Channel (with hash? or without?)
  • $botid - Super-Special Hash Razz
Since CQDB takes titles, what do you think the title should be?
I was just thinking something incredibly generic like "Submitted by ".$author." in #".$channel
swivelgames wrote:
Since CQDB takes titles, what do you think the title should be?
I was just thinking something incredibly generic like "Submitted by ".$author." in #".$channel
If the user has an account at CQDB, they should be able to edit the quotes sent from IRC with their username in the title...? Or would that be too unsecure?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours