This beta of Doors CS 7 adds many bug fixes, performance improvements, and compatibility workarounds over Doors CS 6.5 beta, although it implements no major new features. It adds the ability to recognize and automatically edit Axe source code files, more keyboard shortcuts, including the ability to leave any GUIRSmallWin by pressing [CLEAR], and fixes issues with renaming and copying programs. It repairs several known XLib compatibility issues, and importantly, works around the TI-OS parser hook bugs in OS 2.53MP and 2.54MP. It adds a fix for the long-standing problems with Stop and shells, catching and handling this token. It adds the RunProg vector to allow ASM programs to execute one or more ASM or BASIC programs, or even chain execution along several programs. Finally, it adds true support for up to 255 files, programs, and folders per folder (including the desktop), for virtually unlimited total files on a calculator visible from Doors CS. Among many other smaller tweaks and bugfixes, all of which can be viewed on the Doors CS wiki, the following list hits the highlights of this release:

:: Added custom icon for Axe source files, with ID flags identical to nostub BASIC program; added check to edit Axe source files when executed instead of trying to run.
:: Fixed Instant Goto failing when scrolling backwards through two-byte tokens ending in $3F such as $AA,$3F.
:: Pressing [Clear] from any Small Window now clicks its [X], if it has one.
:: Added hourglass for sorting, archiving/unarchiving, folder backup, and copying back after ASM execution
:: Avoided ridiculous failure of _PutC to recognize Split->Full in 2.53MP for DCS error messages.
:: Solved problem of catching Stop token with nonexistent error 127 and special-case silent handling within DCS.
:: Debugged, fixed, and tested workaround for 2.53MP's improper post-ParserHook flag/Op1 handling.
:: Resolved one many-programs bug by tracing it to CALCnet2 in DCS6.1/6.2. Bug repair pending reactivation of CALCnet.
:: Added folder backup before program execution (from desktop only).
:: Added and tested Runprog vector. One display bug remains.
:: Added GUIFindThis and PushGUIStacks routines.
:: Fixed all sections calculating remaining/onscreen programs from ProgsToDo and ProgsDone to correctly handle >127 programs.

The next Doors CS beta, Doors CS 6.7 Beta, is scheduled for release by July 4th, 2010. Other than the standard routine of collecting bug reports (please do it!) and repairing them, I hope to have a full spec of Doors CS' libraries that it will offer BASIC programs to be ready so that they can be implemented by Doors CS 6.8 Beta. Please read and participate in the forum topic about BASIC and Doors CS libraries, particularly if you're a BASIC programmer who would be interested in working with files, GUI rendering (and possible mouse use as well), fancier menus, and more. If I manage to get to my eventual goal of working CALCnet 2.x into something fast and efficient and functional by the time Doors CS 6.8 beta or 6.9 beta is ready, then I might even give BASIC programs access to that, although that might be a big challenge. Please check out that topic and post your opinions, I need to make the planned BASIC libraries as useful as possible in as little memory as possible.

Finally, we're planning a Doors CS-themed Cemetech Contest #7, with a very generous offer of a unique top prize from the inimitable BrandonW: possibly the only TI-83+ in the wild with no limitation on executing at or above $C000 (actually a TI-73 Cameleon'd to be a TI-83+ in a TI-83+ case). If you have any interest whatsoever, please check out the brainstorming thread for this contest. Be aware that we're talking with Omnimaga admins including Quigibo about the possibility of making entries cross-acceptable to both our and the Omnimaga contest!

To summarize your tasks for today:
(1) Download Doors CS 6.6 Beta below and try it out. Tell me all the bugs you find.
(2) Give your input about Doors CS libraries and BASIC.
(3) Help plan Cemetech Contest #7.

Download
Doors CS 6.6 Beta

YES I can duplicate the X on graphscreen bug that comes after a BASIC error on 6.6, now it also shows a hour glass

It flashes when you press graph, then it goes to the homescreen, after the graphscreen is blank (axes are off)
qazz42 wrote:
YES I can duplicate the X on graphscreen bug that comes after a BASIC error on 6.6, now it also shows a hour glass

It flashes when you press graph, then it goes to the homescreen, after the graphscreen is blank (axes are off)
That's weird. This may or may not be related to an issue with using the RunProg vector, after which the system seems stuck momentarily inside some kind of odd pause.
It could be residue graphics
qazz42 wrote:
Oh, that's definitely what it is, but the question is how it's remaining on the graphscreen after I have a set of things explicitly preventing this. Would you mind posting a simple set of steps to replicate this?
I'm glad to see this come out! Keep up the good work. Only one bug so far to report, though: my Axe Tunnel DCS build won't run fine in it. Blank screen until it exits to the score screen, then game runs fine. No crashes, though.

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1661.0;attach=1799;image
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I'm glad to see this come out! Keep up the good work. Only one bug so far to report, though: my Axe Tunnel DCS build won't run fine in it. Blank screen until it exits to the score screen, then game runs fine. No crashes, though.

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1661.0;attach=1799;image
Yeah, I actually noticed that behavior myself during testing. I'm adding this to my buglist to take a look at, and I'll post when I figure out what exactly is going on here.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Oh, that's definitely what it is, but the question is how it's remaining on the graphscreen after I have a set of things explicitly preventing this. Would you mind posting a simple set of steps to replicate this?

Activate parser hook

Execute a basic prgm (perhaps one that involves graphscreen)

While the prgm is executing and it is on the graphscreen BREAK

press graph and there is your glitch.
Is this a replication of your bug?

Please note that that hourglass and error bubble are only visible while it rearchives after editing. I then press [GRAPH] and [CLEAR] twice to demonstrate that the graphscreen is blank. Are you sure that it show the hourglass and error bubbles after you press [CLEAR]? Also, what if you just choose 1. Quit instead of 2. Goto when you get the BREAK error? The graphscreen is blank, correct?
1. Yes after you press clear.

2. if you press quit nothing happens except it shows a screen with no axis (mainly because you turn them off your seld Very Happy)
Could you please post the stats of DCS's pages up, like you have in the past? I am curious to see how that is going with sizes currently. =]
tifreak8x wrote:
Could you please post the stats of DCS's pages up, like you have in the past? I am curious to see how that is going with sizes currently. =]
I've been doing some pretty nice optimizations lately, so here's the full log of current stats:

Code:
-Page 0----------------------
    > Page 0: vectors.asm is    1112 bytes long
    > Page 0: ionlibsp0.inc is  597 bytes long
    > Page 0: dcslibsp.inc is   1254 bytes long
    > Page 0: fonts.inc is      1505 bytes long
    > Page 0: basicprg.inc is   418 bytes long
    > Page 0: detecttype.inc is 592 bytes long
    > Page 0: vatfind.asm is    526 bytes long
    > Page 0: runprog.asm is    2141 bytes long
    > Page 0: progchain.asm is  224 bytes long
    > Page 0: sortalph.inc is   430 bytes long
    > Page 0: ap.asm is         244 bytes long
    > Page 0: easteregg.asm is  736 bytes long
    > Page 0: mouse_p0.asm is   628 bytes long
    > Page 0: fldsv.asm is      471 bytes long
    > Page 0: main.asm is       4666 bytes long
-Page 1----------------------
    > Page 1: moslibs.asm is    1549 bytes long
    > Page 1: ionlibsp1.inc is  478 bytes long
    > Page 1: guitools.inc is   2533 bytes long
    > Page 1: guimouse.asm is   4169 bytes long
    > Page 1: mouse_p1.asm is   590 bytes long
    > Page 1: startmenu.inc is  1323 bytes long
    > Page 1: cedit.asm is      467 bytes long
    > Page 1: apguis.asm is     1705 bytes long
    > Page 1: propstring.asm is 115 bytes long
    > Page 1: datap1.inc is     2147 bytes long
-Page 2----------------------
    > Page 2: vectorsp3.asm is  24 bytes long
    > Page 2: ionlibsp2.inc is  597 bytes long
    > Page 2: parserhook.inc is 219 bytes long
    > Page 2: c3_hook.asm is    895 bytes long
    > Page 2: c3_std.asm is     1021 bytes long
    > Page 2: c3_util.asm is    3386 bytes long
    > Page 2: c3_xfn.asm is     2447 bytes long
    > Page 2: c3_pfn.asm is     1628 bytes long
    > Page 2: c3_cfn.asm is     2716 bytes long
Page 0 is 15675 bytes long (709 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 15079 bytes long (1305 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 12936 bytes long (3448 bytes to spare)

Qazz42, I'm working on fixing this based on your report.

Edit #1: Qazz42, all fixed, updated the scratchwork page.
Ok good. Glad I can help.

Is there anything else I can test?
qazz42 wrote:

Well, we already know that the Off thing still doesn't work, so if you can just test lots of programs with Homerun and normal. execution, especially XLib and ASM programs, that would be great!
K asm programs seem fine, which means castlevania works, Pacman works, Wizards works, and Mario 2.0 works.

IDK about xlib, ill see what I can do....
qazz42 wrote:
K asm programs seem fine, which means castlevania works, Pacman works, Wizards works, and Mario 2.0 works.

IDK about xlib, ill see what I can do....
Most epic, thanks for the tests. That means there's something with DJ's Axe Tunnel game that I need to track down, then, and it's probably my fault since it worked fine under 6.3.
Oh yeah about axe tunnel I encountered a problem with it while running it with DCS

First I executed it, then it had a blank screen for a few seconds. Then It said "speed" with a > sign next to it, like text no animation. After it showed the blank screen again and ended execution. I attempted to execute it again and it worked. (then I crashed into a wall Sad )
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Well, we already know that the Off thing still doesn't work, so if you can just test lots of programs with Homerun and normal. execution, especially XLib and ASM programs, that would be great!

What do you mean by "the Off thing"? Is it the Nspire bug?

And also:

723 bytes for an Easter Egg?! Razz
Yes silvershadow, the off thing is the nspire bug.

Can I ask a favor of you silvershadow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW3cmax-HCA

Watch that and tell me if it is the same bug you have. I brought this to Kerm's attention but so far a solution has not been found yet. :/

EDIT: I made a video because I think I am incompetent at explaining this bug and also felt a visual representation would be nice. Razz
Silver Shadow wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

What do you mean by "the Off thing"? Is it the Nspire bug?

And also:

736 bytes for an Easter Egg?! Razz
Indeed, but it's more than an Easter Egg because it also contains the oncalc credits. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours