So, it doesn't have a radio. I am so not buying one.
Surely with all that free space, Jobs could have slotted one in? In a corner, somewhere?

Look, I don't know, except my tiny Samsung mp3 player has one, and Mac's giant brick doesn't. What gives?
To be fair, my desktop lacks a radio, but I get along just fine with Pandora.
rthprog wrote:

Well, they made it bigger, and added the sum total of 'not much'.
If its going to be something that resides on my desk, I want it to do stuff to enable me to get rid of other stuff lying around the house.
rthprog wrote:
This. I'm perfectly happy with my internet radio stations that aren't affected by terrestrial interference. I'm surprised to hear you wanting a radio in it, Elrune, I can't say that I've heard anyone complain about that particularly missing feature before. Of course, I've heard lots of other complaints. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
This. I'm perfectly happy with my internet radio stations that aren't affected by terrestrial interference. I'm surprised to hear you wanting a radio in it, Elrune, I can't say that I've heard anyone complain about that particularly missing feature before. Of course, I've heard lots of other complaints. Smile

That and playback speed adjustment are the only things that have stopped me buying an iPod, and I am equally irked to find that Apple didn't actually try to make the iPad any better, given so much extra space.
You can adjust the speed of audio books under settings in iPods & iPhones, I'm sure this same setting exists in the iPad; I've never been bothered to check.

Besides, why would you want to adjust playback speed (in general)?
Hey.

Diddle.

Diddle.

The.

Cat.

And.

The.

Fiddle.

The.

Cow.

Jumped.

Over.

The.

Moon.

etc. etc. Maybe the book is just too slow, or you prefer the playback to be faster?
I often find books being read to fast Sad So I slow them down by about half or 100% Haha Neutral
comicIDIOT wrote:
You can adjust the speed of audio books under settings in iPods & iPhones, I'm sure this same setting exists in the iPad; I've never been bothered to check.

I'd like to ask the same question, actually. What usefulness does that have for you, other than audiobooks?
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I'd like to ask the same question, actually. What usefulness does that have for you, other than audiobooks?

Its a personal preference for music listening which keeps me bound to products by iRiver or Samsung.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Its a personal preference for music listening which keeps me bound to products by iRiver or Samsung.

I actually can empathize... my first PMP ever was a Samsung T8, and I used to love listening to songs faster and faster; especially when running, it's nice to be able to get a catchy song to sync up with your pace.

Unfortunately, I've always been dissatisfied with Samsung UIs... iRiver had better interfaces, but over the last couple years, there has been next to zero innovation. Sad *Note: When buying a PMP, I usually value UI and features over audio quality; for my tastes, pretty much any player is good enough... it's just a matter of how nice is it to use.
I can almost guarentee that a JailBroken iPhone/iPod Touch has an app for that.

Note: I'm not encouraging Jailbreaking Razz
My ancient Creative player allows you to change the playback speed under the EAX settings - useful for learning to play a piece on the piano, say. Smile
benryves wrote:
My ancient Creative player allows you to change the playback speed under the EAX settings - useful for learning to play a piece on the piano, say. Smile
Ohhh, I guess that _is_ a constructive use of such a feature. I couldn't think of too many reasons for wanting to do that.
rthprog wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I actually can empathize... my first PMP ever was a Samsung T8, and I used to love listening to songs faster and faster; especially when running, it's nice to be able to get a catchy song to sync up with your pace.

Unfortunately, I've always been dissatisfied with Samsung UIs... iRiver had better interfaces, but over the last couple years, there has been next to zero innovation. Sad *Note: When buying a PMP, I usually value UI and features over audio quality; for my tastes, pretty much any player is good enough... it's just a matter of how nice is it to use.

Yesssss. Someone else gets it.

The YP-U_ series wasn't too bad in terms of interface (spartan, but functional), but I haven't tried many others. Samsung pulled their mp3 players from Australian stores in recent years, to my utter fury.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours