So Spencer decided to move over all our projects to a new central location. The new official place for all wabbit related software is http://wabbit.codeplex.com/.
The latest stuff will always be located here. It also has a lot of fancy features for stuff like bug tracking that I beg of people to use. Anyways yeah, spread the word so that I don't get more complaints asking me to fix stuff that has already been fixed, or people who won't use this because of it doesn't have feature X.
It should also be noted that all platforms will also use this repository, so there is no need to hunt around for the OS X and Linux builds.
Cool! In case I find bugs that haven't yet been reported, would you mind if I duplicated the bug report here besides reporting bugs on that site? For example, I just tried to Enable Skins on Windows 7 x64 Enterprise with the newest version of WabbitEmu, and it went kablooie. Nevertheless, I'm very happy to hear that this project is up and running once again.
Yeah sure, that way other people can be more aware of it. But reporting it on the site is most important because that will add it to visual studio for me, which makes it most likely to be not forgotten
Very cool! Very Happy

Great news, BuckeyeDude, I'll be sure to bookmark the new location Smile
So BuckeyeDude, what can you tell me about why I should use Wabbitcode instead of Notepad++ and Brass and WabbitEmu separately? What features and shortcuts and time-savers does it add, while we're busy working on debugging in IRC?
Does this mean there will be work done on the Linux version finally, or has no one stepped up to update it?
TheStorm wrote:
Does this mean there will be work done on the Linux version finally, or has no one stepped up to update it?
Actually, that's an excellent question, I'd like the answer to that as well. And just a friendly reminder as per our discussion on IRC, a bunch of issues seem to still be present in the cutout skin view because of the different mechanism used for the cutout. One example is shortcuts like [Backspace] for screenshots.
Unfortunately with burntfuse gone, there is no one on the team willing to do linux dev. Spasm will of course compile cross platform so no issues there, but as for wabbitemu and wabbitcode, those require more knowledge than i have of linux programming. If someone would be willing to work on it, I would totally help with that.
BuckeyeDude wrote:
Unfortunately with burntfuse gone, there is no one on the team willing to do linux dev. Spasm will of course compile cross platform so no issues there, but as for wabbitemu and wabbitcode, those require more knowledge than i have of linux programming. If someone would be willing to work on it, I would totally help with that.
Well, it wouldn't be too terrible on the backend other than some filesystem stuff; the main obstacle would probably be the GUI work. Do you happen to know offhand what GUI system Wabbitcode and Wabbitemu are using, if any? In an ideal world, GTK or something similar would enable all kinds of fun cross-platformness.
For wabbitemu the GUI needs to be written from scratch for linux, as it is native on both windows and os x. The good news is the core is almost completely separated from the all the gui stuff. The first step is obviously to get the core parts working on linux, which I can help with. IIRC, a couple people have done this.
Wabbitcode already has the linux version written in gtk so that can simply be added on to.
BuckeyeDude wrote:
For wabbitemu the GUI needs to be written from scratch for linux, as it is native on both windows and os x. The good news is the core is almost completely separated from the all the gui stuff. The first step is obviously to get the core parts working on linux, which I can help with. IIRC, a couple people have done this.
Wabbitcode already has the linux version written in gtk so that can simply be added on to.
That's good to hear, at least the GUI and backend code aren't completely mish-moshed together. I would love to work on this myself if and when I have more free time, which I'm afraid isn't anywhere in my foreseeable future. Sad

Edit: I have another bug report for you. After I hibernated my computer and woke it up the next morning, all I had for Wabbitemu was a simple 192x128 pixel screen. I had to right-click on this screen, uncheck Enable Skin, then a window appeared around the screen. I then clicked Enable Skin, and all was better. Another thing, the lack of functionality of the F11 shortcut to launch the Debugger in Cutout mode is killing me! Smile
*bumpity bump* I really, really liked in the old WabbitEmu that the state would automatically be saved when WabbitEmu was closed, and reloaded when it was reopened, and I sorely miss that. What do you guys think? Would you prefer to start out with a fresh calculator each time WabbitEmu opens, or start with your state from your last session (RAM, ROM, etc).
I prefer a fresh calculator, personally.
However, that would be a good thing to add to the settings.
I agree with Sir. Having an option would be nice, but a fresh calc is preferable by default.
I'm very surprised, but I guess it's just personal preference. I'm happy that the latest version BuckeyeDude juts uploaded has the fix in Options to allow optional state saving on exit and reloading on relaunch.
I realized that since I posted about the new version I should also post about the new features.

Wabbitemu:
    OS loading
    Variable emulation speed
    Customizable shortcut keys
    Improved cutout skin
    2 calc linking
    Save state on exit
    Memory breakpoints on read and write

I think theres more but I forget... Razz
I know this is a fairly specific and not very universally-useful request, but would it be very hard to add arbitrary numbers of calculator in linking? ie, simply connect the first and second data lines of all calculators open to all other calculators open? Or is that a tall order?
Quote:

My eternal gratitude for that one. Good Idea
Mapar007 wrote:
Quote:

My eternal gratitude for that one. Good Idea
Whoa, I missed that! I can't tell you how happy I am that you added that, I could have saved days and days of debugging on various things by figuring out where stray writes were coming from. Smile
*bump*

Code:
[22:23:25] <+KermM> Buckeye, if you see this, I was wondering about the perennial emulator problem where apps randomly get deleted, some kind of certificate issue, I presume
[22:24:46] <+BrandonW> I can tell you exactly how to fix this.
[22:25:05] <+BrandonW> You need a dummy certificate with a series of zeroes starting at 1F18h.
[22:25:24] <+BrandonW> Without them (meaning all 0xFF's), the OS thinks it's a trial application, and they'll get deleted after 15 executions.
[22:25:27] <nikky> bawwwwwwwwwwww
[22:25:43] <+BrandonW> C+1F18h*
[22:26:04] <+BrandonW> I was planning to write a little 83+ program that did this.
[22:26:33] <+BrandonW> I said the technical details once in #ti but that was a while back.
[22:26:42] <+BrandonW> I'd have to do a little digging, and the offset is different on the 84+/SE.
[22:26:45] <+BrandonW> And 83+SE.
[22:27:08] <+BrandonW> The last app page minus the base page of your application times two plus the offset is the word you need to make a zero.
[22:27:21] <+BrandonW> On the active certificate sector.
[22:27:52] <+KermM> BrandonW, excellent
[22:27:57] <+KermM> I'll pass that along to Buckeye

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours