Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
The "other calculator sites" in the tools header is outdated.

Here's a suggestion for an updated version:

Quote:
Blue Crimson - The homepage for Fryed Software and Nomad software. Inactive.
calcblog.com - Inactive site with useful calculator tutorials, programs, and technical information on TI graphing calculators (among others).
calcg.org - Inactive Archive site that provides high quality games and programs, and occasional community news updates.
Detached Solutions - ASM experts, makers of several popular Apps for TI-83+/SE and TI-84+/SE calculators. Inactive forum.
Maxcoderz - Inactive forum, focusing on advanced ASM and occassional BASIC projects.
Revsoft - Inactive home of awesome projects like Zelda, and Space Station Pheta for the TI-83+.
TI-Basic Developer - A helpful guide aiming to be the premier source for TI-BASIC information.
ticalc.org - The ultimate TI calculator website, with news and thousands of downloads.


The last link lead to a 502, so I removed it.

I figure if the last post/update on a forum was in 2009, it's probably inactive.
SeeGreatness wrote:
true I would love that too but I do wish that it could be compatible with chrome notifications to pop up when I am highlighted
Incredibly, I decided to implement this! You can now opt-in to Cemetech notifications. I shudder to think how this will work if you have a lot of Cemetech tabs open, though.
KermMartian wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
true I would love that too but I do wish that it could be compatible with chrome notifications to pop up when I am highlighted
Incredibly, I decided to implement this! You can now opt-in to Cemetech notifications. I shudder to think how this will work if you have a lot of Cemetech tabs open, though.


6 tabs open and I just got 2 notifications. I cleared one and the second one came in but nothing after that. Same thing happened with 4 tabs.
Would be nice that if you click on the notification, that it redirects you to Cemetech, like web.whatsapp and web.telegram have.
We should add a Night mode to jsTIfied...
PT_ wrote:
Would be nice that if you click on the notification, that it redirects you to Cemetech, like web.whatsapp and web.telegram have.


This works for me on macOS 10.12 with the notifications going through Safari.
Also, if you look for posts made by a user, it should list in the order that the user made the post, and link to that post. Currently, it links to the latest post in the order the latest posts were made.
Have new posts available to guests!
xMarminq_ wrote:
Have new posts available to guests!


If you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting, they can go to the home page (http://cemetech.net) and click on "This weeks topics" under the list of recent posts.

It's also apparently on the forum index too, under the "Quick Info" box at the top of the page.
No I mean the "Go To The New Posts" button isn't available to guests
Alex wrote:
xMarminq_ wrote:
Have new posts available to guests!


If you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting, they can go to the home page (http://cemetech.net) and click on "This weeks topics" under the list of recent posts.

It's also apparently on the forum index too, under the "Quick Info" box at the top of the page.


That is what xMarminq_ is talking about.

I think that link should be renamed to "go to the new posts" as it's more intuitive for the user.
The direct link is available to guests, but there is no actual button for it. Is that what you're trying to say?
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I think that link should be renamed to "go to the new posts"


oldmud0 wrote:
The direct link is available to guests, but there is no actual button for it. Is that what you're trying to say?


Indeed. The text is there it's just worded differently. I'm not 100% sure which wording is more appropriate, since we list the recent topics rather than straight showing new posts. If anything we'd probably be better changing the wording displayed to logged in users to "View Recent Topics," which is what I'm leaning towards.

But on the other hand, we could change the wording on the home page from "Recent Forum Posts" to "Recent Forum Topics" since that box hasn't shown proper posts for a long while; by that it used to show the same topic 2, 3 and even 4 times in a row depending on how many consecutive posts it had before another topic had activity. Probably 4-5 years ago it was switched to display the recent topics instead of the recent posts. We should still change the wording for signed in users as noted in the paragraph above.

Quote:
it's more intuitive for the user.


I'll probably be the first to admit Cemetech UX isn't really great. I'm working on improving that by consolidating the sites navigation first. I got some great feedback the other day which I'll be using to improve a few other aspects. It's just moving so slowly because Kerm is busy as ever with his startup, Tari is on other projects and PT_ is on vacation. To top it all off, conversing with staff is excruciatingly slow. Not to call them out or anything as we all have lives and we're all volunteers, but discussions are not going as fast nor getting the attention I would like. At some point I'll probably just make the changes Laughing

For the record, I've added this change to the list this morning Wink
You could pull a google and change it for 50% of incoming traffic and see which one gets more clicks, on average.
How about you get a PM whenever someone reviews your program? I just happened to look at my JPL program and saw _iPhoenix_'s review. If I weren't so miffed at Oldmud0, I never would have seen it.
I've posted something similar to this before but it didn't get any traction. Here's my new idea:

Change the sidebar (Logged In, Latest Headlines, Online Users, RSS and Social Media, SAX) from being locked to the page when you scroll to being permanently locked on the left side, where scrolling has no power. This means you can monitor SAX while browsing a thread. It also would look cooler. Razz
CalcMeister wrote:
I've posted something similar to this before but it didn't get any traction. Here's my new idea:

Change the sidebar (Logged In, Latest Headlines, Online Users, RSS and Social Media, SAX) from being locked to the page when you scroll to being permanently locked on the left side, where scrolling has no power. This means you can monitor SAX while browsing a thread. It also would look cooler. Razz


Tari wrote:
:meh: Gets problematic if you can scroll arbitrarily, especially for long-lived page instances.
This post does make sense. Now, why shouldn't we make a special category/subforum/however you call this to post separate topics for suggestions? That would make it easier to thoroughly discuss the pros and cons of a thing and finally come to a conclusion.
PT_ wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
I've posted something similar to this before but it didn't get any traction. Here's my new idea:

Change the sidebar (Logged In, Latest Headlines, Online Users, RSS and Social Media, SAX) from being locked to the page when you scroll to being permanently locked on the left side, where scrolling has no power. This means you can monitor SAX while browsing a thread. It also would look cooler. Razz


Tari wrote:
:meh: Gets problematic if you can scroll arbitrarily, especially for long-lived page instances.
I fail to see how scrolling, however long the page, can affect a locked sidebar. But then again, I haven't worked with websites in ages, so maybe there's something I'm missing.
oldmud0 wrote:
I'd like to be able to turn off SAX while I'm on IRC.

This; please. Especially with the new notification pushes it causes an explosion when both irc and Cemetech are open.
  
Page 32 of 33
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement