FWIW, one of the existing ways to turn off the two-way IRC gateways integrated into Cemetech, CodeWalrus and Omnimaga is to browse all of these sites without JS. Sort of a heavy hammer maybe, but this doesn't reduce functionality on any area of the respective sites that I care about on a regular basis, at least Smile
That said, users being able to disable the IRC gateways, like they can disable the TI-Planet chat, seems a pretty sensible and reasonable feature request to me.
On this page:

https://www.cemetech.net/forum/memberlist.php

The "Posts" column is duplicated for the mail icons.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
On this page:

https://www.cemetech.net/forum/memberlist.php

The "Posts" column is duplicated for the mail icons.

Bug reports is this way...

I... how long has that gone unnoticed.
I don't know of any recent changes made to that template.
I will go ahead add that to the list of changes slated for my next push to dev.
We should add a dark mode the SourceCoder and make themes easily customizable using the stylesheet. That would be really neat.

To elaborate (for the custom themes) the stylesheet would have to follow a certain structure, so it would be compatible for everybody. I would really love to see this added.

EDIT: I notice that SourceCoder uses CodeMirror. I'd be willing to write the CSS for the dark theme if it were to be implemented Cool
This is a bit of a minor thing, but on search engines like Google, the logged in members (and possibly saxjax) are indexed as part of the page. For example, Googling "commandblockguy cemetech" shows every page that was indexed while I was logged in. This clogs out posts I actually made. This wouldn't be too big of a deal, but sometimes I prefer to use "site:cemetech.net" to run advanced searches and this is annoying when trying to find posts by a certain person along with other criteria.
Would it be possible to tell bots to ignore div#sidebar_parent while indexing?
commandblockguy wrote:
This is a bit of a minor thing, but on search engines like Google, the logged in members (and possibly saxjax) are indexed as part of the page. For example, Googling "commandblockguy cemetech" shows every page that was indexed while I was logged in. This clogs out posts I actually made. This wouldn't be too big of a deal, but sometimes I prefer to use "site:cemetech.net" to run advanced searches and this is annoying when trying to find posts by a certain person along with other criteria.
Would it be possible to tell bots to ignore div#sidebar_parent while indexing?

I think we give the same template to bots as we do humans. Fixing this is on my todo list but for other reasons. Namely, we don't need to serve all the info to bots. We can hide signatures, user post count, post subject (who uses those anyways?) but not topic subject. Basically just serve a very lean version of the forum. I hadn't even thought of the online user list so I'll add that to the page as well. Maybe just hiding the sidebar for bots altogether as you suggested.
I use them all the time! They provide lots of useful context.
Although I wouldn't consider it to be a good thing if you obsess over your downloads, I think it would be kind of cool to be able to see some basic statistics, like a chart showing downloads (per file or overall, either way would be cool) against time (which is what have been doing for the past few days in the spreadsheet I linked), or even just in plain text ("File <x> has received <y> downloads in the past week.")

Just something I though of while tending to my spreadsheet.
The button for "Find all posts by Michael2_3B" and "View your posts" should let you see all your recent posts in order. Currently what it does is displays all the threads that have had recent posts in them, that you have also posted in. My suggestion is that your actual posts are in a visible list with the thread title above each one.
Michael2_3B wrote:
The button for "Find all posts by Michael2_3B" and "View your posts" should let you see all your recent posts in order. Currently what it does is displays all the threads that have had recent posts in them, that you have also posted in. My suggestion is that your actual posts are in a visible list with the thread title above each one.

I think I said this before. I second this idea.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

I think I said this before. I second this idea.

I like this as well, but there should be a added button that does that, so that you can filter between recent posts in your topics that you've created, topics you've posted in, and recent topics that have been posted in.

EDIT: I gave this a bit of thought, and instead of having three buttons, why not have a filter option in the recent posts page? This way, we can see what we want, but less work for the admins to add new stuff.

To go into more detail:

When I click the "Go to the new posts" button, I would ike to have a filter option on that page that specifies recent posts between:

Topics I have created
Topics I have replied/made a post in
And all other topics that have had a recent post in it, like the way the current button does now.

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Although I wouldn't consider it to be a good thing if you obsess over your downloads, I think it would be kind of cool to be able to see some basic statistics, like a chart showing downloads (per file or overall, either way would be cool) against time (which is what have been doing for the past few days in the spreadsheet I linked), or even just in plain text ("File <x> has received <y> downloads in the past week.")

I remember a time that there was a "Most downloaded programs" thing in the center of the page, at the top. Can't we bring that back?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
How about you get a PM whenever someone reviews your program? I just happened to look at my JPL program and saw _iPhoenix_'s review. If I weren't so miffed at Oldmud0, I never would have seen it.

*Poke* Congrats, you took the time to click the "quote" button. Not many people take the time an effort to move their mouse all the way over there. Aw who am I kidding? I'm just typing this to keep my words-per-post up Smile

Page 33 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours