BIG FAT WARNING: SEASON 5 FINALE SPOILERS! STOP READING IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET

Wow! I thought that was an excellent finale. I enjoyed the fact that it was suddenly OK to cross one's own timestream, and what they did to play with that. But SO MANY unanswered questions!!

>> So we still don't know what started the TARDIS exploding, and who the voice was!
>> What was the stone [chamber?] that River landed in?
>> How did River survive Big Bang Two and end up at the wedding? For that matter, how did she remember the Doctor to give Amy the TARDIS book?
>> Is she his wife then? Did he just propose?!
>> How could he have gone forward while going back and rewinding? Isn't that a violation of causality, not to mention sanity and good sense?
>> What's gonna happen with Rory and his Nestene-ness?
>> Does this mean that the cracks and the story thereof are going to continue across Season 6? Or are they going to end in the Christmas Special?

At least we now know that tifreak8x was impressively right on the money about when the Doctor was talking to Amy in the angel cave when she was sitting alone with her eyes closed!
>> So we still don't know what started the TARDIS exploding, and who the voice was!

Agreed. I was hoping for some form of closure on this. Hopefully we find out something with the Christmas special, if they have it. Has it been confirmed it will exist?

I kind of thought it was somewhere in the sun somehow. Granted we know the sun is gasses and such, but for someone to take over the TARDIS, they might easily have been able to put something in there.

>> How did River survive Big Bang Two and end up at the wedding? For that matter, how did she remember the Doctor to give Amy the TARDIS book?

Her memories didn't fade completely. Neither did Amy's. Remember in her room, all the doll stuff she made still existed. Her remembering him might have kept enough of a link to him for others to just be able to hint at his existence but not be quite sure about it.

Spoilers! :p XD

Now that I think about it.. What if Amelia.. is River? We saw.. Jack was it? He lived for a super long time. We just have no clue at this point. It would give a slight bit of support on how River got to where she was and how she still remembered him.

>> How could he have gone forward while going back and rewinding? Isn't that a violation of causality, not to mention sanity and good sense?

At which point did he go forward as he was going back..? I don't think I understand what you are getting at here.

How do we know he is still like that? For all we know, the rewinding reset him. Something that definitely needs closure later.

>> Does this mean that the cracks and the story thereof are going to continue across Season 6? Or are they going to end in the Christmas Special?

Well, I doubt the cracks will be the christmas special. They may leave that for the season 6 run.

Here is a question.

River says he will find out a lot more VERY soon. Does this mean that season 6 will be more about him and River, and maybe giving us more background into the Doctor that we don't already have?
tifreak8x wrote:

Agreed. I was hoping for some form of closure on this. Hopefully we find out something with the Christmas special, if they have it. Has it been confirmed it will exist?
Yeah, it said at the end of this episode, "Returning Christmas 2010".

tifreak8x wrote:

I kind of thought it was somewhere in the sun somehow. Granted we know the sun is gasses and such, but for someone to take over the TARDIS, they might easily have been able to put something in there.
Indeed. I think it would be pretty cool if that chamber was actually at the heart of the sun. Very Happy It looked to me like that TARDIS explosion was a lot closer to the Earth than the sun is, though.

tifreak8x wrote:

Her memories didn't fade completely. Neither did Amy's. Remember in her room, all the doll stuff she made still existed. Her remembering him might have kept enough of a link to him for others to just be able to hint at his existence but not be quite sure about it.
I suppose so. What if she completely remembered, but it's Amy that had to remember to bring it back completely? Why is she so special? And we still don't know why she doesn't remember the Daleks!

tifreak8x wrote:

Spoilers! :p XD

Now that I think about it.. What if Amelia.. is River? We saw.. Jack was it? He lived for a super long time. We just have no clue at this point. It would give a slight bit of support on how River got to where she was and how she still remembered him.
Interesting. Very Happy

tifreak8x wrote:

At which point did he go forward as he was going back..? I don't think I understand what you are getting at here.
He was rewinding backwards, but at major plot points the rewind "paused" and time played forwards for a short time.

tifreak8x wrote:

How do we know he is still like that? For all we know, the rewinding reset him. Something that definitely needs closure later.
Ohhh, I forgot about that! He's probably the original again!

tifreak8x wrote:

Well, I doubt the cracks will be the christmas special. They may leave that for the season 6 run.
Indeed.

tifreak8x wrote:
Here is a question.

River says he will find out a lot more VERY soon. Does this mean that season 6 will be more about him and River, and maybe giving us more background into the Doctor that we don't already have?
I would hope so, but knowing Doctor Who, they'll probably tease it out to us tiny piece by tiny piece.
I need to double-check this, but didn't Dying Doctor appear from the future before the 12-minute-previous Doctor got a chance to leave the red-pen notes for Young Amy? Doesn't that break the causal loop? I need to check it again, I'll edit this post when I do.
I am fairly certain it was after. Because the last thing he does before that doctor appears is get the drink for little Amy, then they turn around and there he is.

If memory serves. I could be wrong on that tho ^^;
tifreak8x wrote:
I am fairly certain it was after. Because the last thing he does before that doctor appears is get the drink for little Amy, then they turn around and there he is.

If memory serves. I could be wrong on that tho ^^;
I just checked it
1) Young Amy shows him the notes
2) He posts the circled exhibit flyer through the mail slot of her house
3) He grabs her beverage
4) He returns to the "present" and gives her the beverage
5) Dying Doctor appears

They either omit him putting the two red-penned notes, or he never does it. I'mma check the webz.
I know he grabbed the sticky post it notes, but I don't believe it shows him writing anything. And it didn't show him posting that one note to the pandorica.

Also for that.. wouldn't have someone removed said note from the pandorica during all that time? Seems a little lax for something that is supposed to be so special.
tifreak8x wrote:
I know he grabbed the sticky post it notes, but I don't believe it shows him writing anything. And it didn't show him posting that one note to the pandorica.

Also for that.. wouldn't have someone removed said note from the pandorica during all that time? Seems a little lax for something that is supposed to be so special.
I was thinking the same thing. The only explanation that I could think of was that he put the notes on just before she saw them. That still doesn't explain how he knew the exact time she'd be there, though.

Edit: Isn't is suspicious that he says "yeah, that's my handwriting"? Why would he feel the need to confirm that? Maybe the notes are actually from the Silence Will Fall guy, who perhaps has a vested interest in his continued survival?
I had the same weird thought that Amy might be River O_o
elfprince13 wrote:
I had the same weird thought that Amy might be River O_o
Based on what evidence?
When she turned up at the wedding and handed Amy the blank TARDIS journal.
elfprince13 wrote:
When she turned up at the wedding and handed Amy the blank TARDIS journal.
Whoa, so you think she's gonna hold on to the journal and continue to become River? That would be pretty cool. Although that introduces another fun causality think like in Blink: the journal would never actually have been written, it just would keep going around and around.
But the doctor returned the journal to River, telling her that all the text had returned.

I think it was more than just a journal.

I think the journal is linked very much to the TARDIS itself. It looks like the TARDIS. And if Amy was the reason that the Doctor wasn't completely cut off, then River found a way to get it back to her so she could use it to pull him through the rest of the way.
tifreak8x wrote:
But the doctor returned the journal to River, telling her that all the text had returned.

I think it was more than just a journal.

I think the journal is linked very much to the TARDIS itself. It looks like the TARDIS. And if Amy was the reason that the Doctor wasn't completely cut off, then River found a way to get it back to her so she could use it to pull him through the rest of the way.

Basically what I was thinking. The journal and Pond's thinking was what allowed the Doctor to come back into this world.
I only saw one episode of this show when flipping through the channels, the one where they face death in a dream world, but don't know which is the dream. I absolutely loved it.
DShiznit wrote:
I only saw one episode of this show when flipping through the channels, the one where they face death in a dream world, but don't know which is the dream. I absolutely loved it.
Then you're missing out on a great TV show, BrandonW's opinion notwithstanding. Everyone else, I like where you're going with the journal ideas, I hope to see some of them validated next season. Smile
Now THIS is old series Doctor Who.
Lucas W wrote:
Now THIS is old series Doctor Who.
The finale, the discussion, or some intersecton of the two?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours